• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I'm not sure a part of the gameplay that has you using nothing but laguz (which would be the logical consequence of this) would go over well, considering their rather odd transformation mechanic, which leaves them as sitting ducks the moment they go back to human form.
That would make Part 3 a vertiable nightmare to play through.

True. Laguz are powerful, but only in relatively short bursts, and can get absolutely destroyed when untransformed (and even when transformed if you're not careful). Tbh, there isn't a really good reason to use them when not made mandatory or when other beorc units are available, in my opinion at least, excluding RD Part 1 where laguz are absolutely godlike compared to the DB.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I said it before, but i don't want any other Solo lead/party FE again. I have no problems with one route, but give us multipe PoVs like RD or Echoes.

Agreed. It gives the story overall more depth when multiple perspectives are conveyed to the player, I think at least.

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

To give the player some characters they would be familiar with instead of throwing even more new characters their way? It's one thing to introduce more new characters in an unrelated game, but a sequel needs to tie back to its predecessor in some way, and the presence of the Greil Mercs does that.

Part 2 already did that. It's cast is all returning characters with the exception of Heather, Ludbeck, Amy, and Danved. Leanne and Nealuchi are new for the gameplay, but they are also pre-existing PoR characters as well.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In addition to what twilitfalchion said, I'm not sure a part of the gameplay that has you using nothing but laguz (which would be the logical consequence of this) would go over well, considering their rather odd transformation mechanic, which leaves them as sitting ducks the moment they go back to human form.
That would make Part 3 a vertiable nightmare to play through.

The game would've been different to accommodate for that. Things could be done like having the 3-2 characters join early. Or have the mercs gradually join the playable party. Don't misunderstand that having the Laguz be the mains means a Laguz only party at the very start.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

This.

And more new characters = more characters to develop. Dawn Brigade is already underdeveloped as is. Imagine if they tried to add even another group to develop.

Only Skrimir, Kyza, and Lyre are new. Everyone else is returning cast.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

True. Laguz are powerful, but only in relatively short bursts, and can get absolutely destroyed when untransformed (and even when transformed if you're not careful). Tbh, there isn't a really good reason to use them when not made mandatory or when other beorc units are available, in my opinion at least, excluding RD Part 1 where laguz are absolutely godlike compared to the DB.

They're not unusable, but I am inclined to agree.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

The game would've been different to accommodate for that. Things could be done like having the 3-2 characters join early. Or have the mercs gradually join the playable party. Don't misunderstand that having the Laguz be the mains means a Laguz only party at the very start.

If the Greil Mercs are off doing their covert support thing, why wouldn't there be a Laguz-only party, though?

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Part 2 already did that

And who appears at the end of Part 2? Ike & Co.

Leaving them out after that would be just ehh..

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The game would've been different to accommodate for that. Things could be done like having the 3-2 characters join early. Or have the mercs gradually join the playable party. Don't misunderstand that having the Laguz be the mains means a Laguz only party at the very start

It would've been a completely different game at this point

Tbh, Tellius could've used a 3rd game while splitting RD in 2 and developing DB and some Laguz a bit more

But considering how much Tellius sold...

4 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

tRKwXhc.jpg

FE10 in a nutshell.

meanwhile my Miccy

Unbenannt1.PNG

xD

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, DragonFlames said:

They're not unusable, but I am inclined to agree.

If the Greil Mercs are off doing their covert support thing, why wouldn't there be a Laguz-only party, though?

The 3-2 characters are no part of the mercs. Also, is it always needed for the whole team to be off doing their things? Mugill only needed Mist, Lethe, and Lyre to take out the lookouts. Then the army itself stormed in.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And who appears at the end of Part 2? Ike & Co.

Leaving them out after that would be just ehh..

It would've been a completely different game at this point

Tbh, Tellius could've used a 3rd game while splitting RD in 2 and developing DB and some Laguz a bit more

Yes, at the very end. After we got our returning cast needs fulfilled by other people.

No one's arguing about being left out completely.

So? We wouldn't even know of the RD we know, so there'd be nothing to compare it to. And by itself it wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Not a bad idea. But I guess two games is the deal we got.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Shrimperor said:

um no? Dunno about others, but i was eagerly awaiting Ike & co. after Elincia's part

They were still returning characters. To which the pointing of Part 2 was in response to a general statement of wanting returning characters without specifying who.

Wow

Never thought i would see that in my life haha

Fiona is phenomenal in endgame. She can become invisible with an earth support. Astrid's wind affinity (30% evasion) was already enough to make her become a dodgetank. And her caps allow her to double the auras.

Her starting perfomance is terrible of course. 1-7 is literally the only chance to let her catch up. A forging iron lance is usually enough for her.

Fiona is easily mymost favorite low level join in Fire Emblem.

Edited by Julian Teehee

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Haha, reminds me how I had a Tier 3 Edward in Part 1 as well.

Nice!
Dawn Brigade part 3 was a breeze, I imagine.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tbf Illyana has top availability in that game.

She does.
Isn't she the one with the highest out of every playable character?

Maybe Tio will put glasses on the opponent.

Well, a set is missing, but still.

Tbf I never heared her opponent before, so I guess it would not even a big surprise, if this really happens.

@Shrimperor

FE10 is probably is the hardest FE game to ironman because of all its game over conditions.

Still hard mode is not that hard.

Though some DB chapters can turn out really badly like 1-3, 1-F, 3-6 and 3-13.

Edited by Julian Teehee