Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

@Shrimperor
I started reading the "Atelier Laura" manga.
I'm hooked.
What have you done to me?!?

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Read Robert E. Howard’s Kings of the Night if you want inspiration for writing a battle scene.

I looked up a sample of that earlier and found one that had the first chapter.
Not my thing, to be honest. But thanks for the recommendation, Wraith!

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Battle scenes, huh... I think I've written one, best I remember. I think it turned out alright, but it was a short scene, to be fair. And not very descriptive either.

How did you approach it, if you don't mind me asking?

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, DragonFlames said:

How did you approach it, if you don't mind me asking?

I suppose having already planned how to end it. It only involved about four people, and I knew what they could do, so I could think up the choreography on how to reach my planned end beforehand.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I suppose having already planned how to end it. It only involved about four people, and I knew what they could do, so I could think up the choreography on how to reach my planned end beforehand.

I see, I see.
Thank you! ^^

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I've never written a battle scene and am not quite sure how it would turn out if I did. I've only done romance/angst for the most part.

I'm considering switching genres for my novel and make it a slice of life romance comedy set in a fantasy world instead.

Edited by DragonFlames

16 minutes ago, Caster said:

What is Shuten from the fate series into?

well played haha

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I started reading the "Atelier Laura" manga.
I'm hooked.
What have you done to me?!?

Glad you liked it 😄
https://mangadex.org/title/42822/the-holy-grail-of-eris

read this, Shrimpy's seal of besties. Next chapter should be sometimes this week or next week as well!

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm considering switching genres for my novel and make it a slice of life romance comedy set in a fantasy world instead.

Atelier Draggy xD

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hey, it's always a good idea to write about what interests you more, if that's the case for you. I've always been a slice of life romcom kind of guy myself.

Edited by twilitfalchion

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Glad you liked it 😄
https://mangadex.org/title/42822/the-holy-grail-of-eris

read this, Shrimpy's seal of besties. Next chapter should be sometimes this week or next week as well!

I'll bookmark it for later reading purposes!
Thank you! ^^

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Atelier Draggy xD

Yeah! XD

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hey, it's always a good idea to write about what interests you more, if that's the case for you. I've always been a slice of life romcom kind of guy myself.

True!

Though in my case, it's that I find it difficult to write fight and battle scenes, but when I write scenes where characters just interact in various situations, both humorous or otherwise, it usually comes a lot more naturally to me, so I should probably focus on those instead.

Edited by DragonFlames

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Write what you'd like to read, huh.

Good point, reading a range of speculative fiction or non-fiction easily allows one to discern what they find most appealing and what interests them.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Congrats! Corvin doing his thing, as always. His level 3 special is bonkers, along with his inherent evasion charges arts ability.

Yeah, that's another thing that made this fight relatively easier. Since i'd be dodging a lot, i'd be getting my Art recharges a lot faster. Using New Moon during Twinbarrel Autocannon was pretty much a free recharge and i could spam it throughout the duration of that move.

39 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Not a bad idea. Hell, you can even give the story occasional serious moments while staying true to the slice-of-life theming. You can also weave some of the premises from your original story into the new one, if you find that it can fit.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not a bad idea. Hell, you can even give the story occasional serious moments while staying true to the slice-of-life theming. You can also weave some of the premises from your original story into the new one, if you find that it can fit.

That is definitely a possibility!
Thanks for the input! ^^

---

Also for everyone who cares about it: I have not given up on the CYOA. That one gets finished!
I was strictly talking about the novel I'm writing in my private time (though I haven't worked on that in a while, admittedly).

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Draggy...tell them...tell-’em I didn’t run...

Huh?
Wraith, are you dying? Has your liver finally given out?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

>8-2 champions league semi final

excuse.jpg

I saw it, too.
I couldn't believe it at first, but... wow.

Wait it was quarter finals

still wtf

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I saw it, too.
I couldn't believe it at first, but... wow.

Ikr haha

I was outside shopping and when i came home brother was like ''4-1 first 30 minutes'' 

and i was like

''wat''

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Ikr haha

I was outside shopping and when i came home brother was like ''4-1 first 30 minutes'' 

and i was like

''wat''

Someone in Barcelona gets the axe.
And that will be many someones, most likely.

Lads, would anyone be up for an FE6 normal mode draft? We need a few more people, so I figured I may as well ask...