Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I either like or don't mind either way most of them.

If I have any sufficiently negative to say about them, is that Ike downgrades from PoR to RD, but that's mostly it.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok i take it back. I have severly underestimated Chickenheart Dagmara. 

377110562116468766.png?v=1

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I liked Micaiah, but she gets curbstomped by Ike in the screentime department. For some reason.

umm no. She still has more chapters than Ike

The one who outshines Miccy isn't Ike, but

Spoiler

Yune

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Caster said:

Also, I finally played and beat Zero 4 yesterday, was pretty good, I'd probably rank it my... 3rd favorite of the 4... 2 has a lot of weird level design I'm not the biggest fan of, but Zero 4 had a lot of odd choices for mechanics, so, I'll just put it here and call it a day, was still a good game.

Mega Man Zero? I still need to play through the rest of the first one, although what I’ve played so far has been very good. The collection has a really nice presentation as well, with no input lag that I can feel. Good thing is they’re pretty short games, so it wouldn’t keep me from burning through my backlog too long if I decided to play through one of them over the course of a couple days sometime soon.

The mention of "Chickenheart" reminds me of this:

340?cb=20120122165253

The old GC Custom Robo memories come back. I never was very good, I couldn't evolve past gun spam, but it was still fun and I still managed to complete almost all of the Grand Battle Tournament Thingy. Real shame that Synaptic Drive imitation has no story mode or anything for single-player content.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Now try to solo Elma Redux on the highest difficulty setting.

*Flashbacks to eeking out a victory there with Corvin hit-and-run special spam on Custom super easy*

That was evil, but I loved the reward.

Is that really the hardest Land of Challenge has to offer? What about the Tora-solo or the Dagamara redux?

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Mega Man Zero? I still need to play through the rest of the first one, although what I’ve played so far has been very good. The collection has a really nice presentation as well, with no input lag that I can feel. Good thing is they’re pretty short games, so it wouldn’t keep me from burning through my backlog too long if I decided to play through one of them over the course of a couple days sometime soon.

Mhm. I have issue with Zero 2 but I still think it's a good game, and I just said I have some qualms with Zero 4, having played it. I think the entire selection is solid, though.
Zero 3 is amazing, though, so.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Alternatively, how hard would it be if you weren't using Corvin?

That depends. Morag still has access to evasion Arts with other Blade weapons, Corvin's just better at it since his Lv.3 Special lasts long and evades everything 

Although what's certain is that the fight would be harder without Corvin's ability to nullify Enrage.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is that really the hardest Land of Challenge has to offer? What about the Tora-solo or the Dagamara redux?

Dagmara redux honestly isn't that challenging. It's actually the best challenge to farm Noponstone out of because of how many things you kill there.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

I agree, actually. I don't think Eirika's thing in chapter 18 is even that bad-it's certainly in character for her.

True.
Same with Celica's thing in Echoes that people love to waterboard her over.

---

Leave it to me to lose my notes on character names for a character I wanted to introduce this chapter...
*sigh*
Now I have to think of a name all over again.
God.
F***ing.
Damn it!

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

umm no. She still has more chapters than Ike

The one who outshines Miccy isn't Ike, but

Well yeah, both do, but Ike is the one who is always right, who fixes everyone's problems and is perfect, at least in RD. The way I see it, Ike has no reason at all to be the main protagonist for part 3-onwards-I would much rather have seen a part about Sanaki or Skrimir rather than just the Greil Mercs. It doesn't help at all about Micaiah essentially being absent in part 4 and Rebirth, but I think that Ike had already stolen the show.

Then again, I dislike Hector, so maybe my opinion shouldn't count...

Edited by Benice

Well yeah, both do, but Ike is the one who is always right, who fixes everyone's problems and is perfect, at least in RD. The way I see it, Ike has no reason at all to be the main protagonist for part 3-onwards-I would much rather have seen a part about Sanaki or Skrimir rather than just the Greil Mercs. It doesn't help at all about Micaiah essentially being absent in part 4 and Rebirth, but I think that Ike had already stolen the show.

I dislike Hector as well, your opinion should count!

https://mangadex.org/title/47273/yuusha-sama-no-osananajimi-to-iu-shokugyou-no-make-heroine-ni-tensei-shita-no-de-chougoushi-ni-job-change-shimasu
Atelier Laura - never falling in love

Just now, Benice said:

Well yeah, both do, but Ike is the one who is always right, who fixes everyone's problems and is perfect, at least in RD.

because he was mostly right.

And he wasn't always perfect

Spoiler

don't forget he was really bloodthirsty.

He is the embodiment of chaos in RD. Against Micaiah's embodiment of Order. It's one of the main themes of the game.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Ike has no reason at all to be the main protagonist for part 3-onward

It's about his group. Him not being there or be the main protag would make no sense. Especially to those who played FE9 first

It doesn't help at all about Micaiah essentially being absent in part 4 and Rebirth

not Ike's fault that

Spoiler

Yune is bettet than Miccy

Personally, I find that to be a bit of a flaw of RD's Part 3.

Maybe it's just me, but there's just something of a let-down of what promised to be a Laguz-Beorc war... but then the Laguz start having to rely on Beorc to even reach as far as they did.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's about his group. Him not being there or be the main protag would make no sense. Especially to those who played FE9 first

If it made no sense then why even start Part 1 with Micaiah? Skrimir could've easily been the Lord of Part 3. It's his army, his war, his people, his cause. But sure, let's have the Ogma take the helm again I guess.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

No, I'm the same way, actually. I really don't like that guy.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

*quietly bookmarks for later reading purposes*

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

If it made no sense then why even start Part 1 with Micaiah?

Because Part 1 is about her and her group? What would Ike do in Daein anyway.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Skrimir could've easily been the Lord of Part 3

It's explained in game why that isn't the case.

Guy is brawns only. They don't understand Beorc tactics.

Also one of the main themes in FE9 was Crimea and Laguz coming together and understanding their difference. Would  only make sense for Ike to be Laguz's ally

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Leave it to me to lose my notes on character names for a character I wanted to introduce this chapter...
*sigh*
Now I have to think of a name all over again.

Sorry to hear that.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hector's personality is irritating to me since I dislike overbearing big-mouthed characters in general. He's very one-dimensional.

Of course, I actually think Lyn is a good character so...

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Because Part 1 is about her and her group? What would Ike do in Daein anyway.

Why would a mercenary be at any X place. It's not that hard.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

It's explained in game why that isn't the case.

Guy is brawns only. They don't understand Beorc tactics.

Also one of the main themes in FE9 was Crimea and Laguz coming together and understanding their difference. Would  only make sense for Ike to be Laguz's ally

So? He goes through character development. Why can't he do that as the Lord? The tactics done by someone else is no different from what other FE's have done, with the dedicated tactician advisor.

They can be there, sure. But there's no need for them to be the leads. Also... the Laguz- Beorc conflict that was heavily advertised. Starts to fall flat when the Laguz's champion... is a Beorc.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Of course, I actually think Lyn is a good character so...

She's my favorite of the 3, in that game, though I also don't have a very high opinion of FE7, as you know.

Also a Laguz Lord would've been quite the novelty. RD sadly does it a little too late and too little, since Tibarn only gets like... what, just two chapters during Part 4? Which he has to share with Elincia anyway.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Why would a mercenary be at any X place. It's not that hard

Except Ike only accepts certain contracts, those that he agrees with. Do you see Ike working for Daein? Or being there? Or anyone from Daein asking for help from the person who destroyed their country (in their point of view)?

Also... the Laguz- Beorc conflict that was heavily advertised. Starts to fall flat when the Laguz's champion... is a Beorc.

The Laguz champion was Skirmir, not Ike. And the game followed on that promise well, imo.

And Ike being Laguz ally after all that happened in FE9 only makes sense.

The tactics done by someone else is no different from what other FE's have done, with the dedicated tactician advisor.

And they wanted a tactician who understands Beorc tactics. Hence Greil Mercs (And Soren)

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Caster said:

She's my favorite of the 3, in that game, though I also don't have a very high opinion of FE7, as you know.

The most notable aspect that sets her apart in my mind is how her story in Lyn Mode doesn't involve the world ending or dragons for once. It's a girl trying to save her grandfather and claim her noble title. Of course, all that gets set aside in the rest of the game where it's FE business as usual with preventing the world from ending and stopping dragons being the goal once again.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hector's personality is irritating to me since I dislike overbearing big-mouthed characters in general. He's very one-dimensional.

I wouldn't quite say so. Though a brute, he does show a good understanding of the ways of Lycian politics, not ignorance as one would expect. It's that and how he handles Uther's death- realistic-ish I suppose, if a bit rushed- that I find of value in him.

That, and his existence improves Eliwood by adding color to the milquetoast lord and making reducing the need for him to be perfect. Hector can be the strength, Eliwood the regality, Mark the brains and Lyn the tutorial woman. This is different from say Marth, Seliph, and Roy, in whom the brains, the princeliness, the strength (yes, Roy has strength if that Zephiel duel CG is meant to be more than a parody) are all found in one, creating a lord of general perfection.

Skrimir could've easily been the Lord of Part 3. It's his army, his war, his people, his cause. But sure, let's have the Ogma take the helm again I guess.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Except more eloquently done than I could have.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And he wasn't always perfect

Hide contents

don't forget he was really bloodthirsty.

When? No, seriously, I can't remember a time in the plot where Ike was narratively punished or called out for being violent. It has been quite a while since I played part 3, but I don't seem to recall Ike ever making any bad decisions in it.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's about his group. Him not being there or be the main protag would make no sense.

But I don't see why it needed to be about his group-RD is a game about countries and continent-spanning wars, but the hero of the story has little to do with either.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

not Ike's fault that

No, but it helped push Ike as the main protag farther IMO.

I wish that Ike was more like a Gotoh who joins after Rebirth 2-That way he also can't get stat screwed and softlock you.

And they wanted a tactician who understands Beorc tactics. Hence Greil Mercs (And Soren)

But they still didn't need to be the stars of the show, really.

The Laguz champion was Skirmir, not Ike. And the game followed on that promise well, imo.

Ike's the one who saves the day, though. Multiple times, in fact.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Except Ike only accepts certain contracts, those that he agrees with. Do you see Ike working for Daein? Or being there? Or anyone from Daein asking for help from the person who destroyed their country (in their point of view)?

And Ike being Laguz ally after all that happened in FE9 only makes sense.

Why would he need to accept a Daein's contract to even be in Daein? Be a little more creative. The job could take him there. Doesn't have to mean he was hired there.

Not by RD's own words. Watch the Part 3 trailer that happens after Part 2 ends. It puts Ike on the forefront, as the one representing the Laguz in the conflict, as it does with Micaiah with the Beorc. An early Part 3 is all about what the Mercs are doing, not the main Laguz army. They get mostly sidelined.

Again, I'm not disputing that. He still didn't have to the Lord.

Again, I'm not disputing that. The mercs still didn't have to the mains.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Benice said:

When? No, seriously, I can't remember a time in the plot where Ike was narratively punished or called out for being violent. It has been quite a while since I played part 3, but I don't seem to recall Ike ever making any bad decisions in it.

You haven't played Path of Radiance to completion yet. Trust me, that is indeed a plot point that follows Ike for most of the game, without spoiling anything specific (if you care about spoliers).

Also one of RD's main themes, and why it works so well (in my opinion of course), is the whole Chaos vs. Order thing. Removing Ike (Or Miccy, for that matter) would void the game's main theme

I seriously should've written that essay i wanted to write long ago.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

It has been quite a while since I played part 3, but I don't seem to recall Ike ever making any bad decisions in it.

Spoiler
  • He agreed to invade Begnion without hearing the other side first
  • He was very happy to ''take care'' of Daein again

But I don't see why it needed to be about his group-RD

But they still didn't need to be the stars of the show, really

Beorc/Laguz coming together is one of the main themes of FE9. They had to continue on that in FE10, especially with Micaiah going ''Kill Laguz'' after they helped her in her rebillion

Ike's the one who saves the day, though. Multiple times, in fact.

and nothing is wrong with that

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

You haven't played Path of Radiance to completion yet. Trust me, that is indeed a plot point that follows Ike for most of the game, without spoiling anything specific (if you care about spoliers).

Oh, I'm aware of that plot point-I don't think RD has much like that in it, though.