Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Thank you random helicopter, for flying closer to the ground, and making me afraid so badly because of such a loud noise I was afraid something was going to crash through my window. Very cool, thank you for the night-time anxiety. 

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow, this has to be the hardest puzzle I've ever done in a Zelda game:

979233170_LegendofZeldaThe-OracleofAges(USA).png.9e12f0a3b6bf882b0181152097f843c4.png

The idea is to turn all the blue squares red by stepping on them, and if I cant fill them all in, I start over. There is a trick to this and if you don't figure out, i'm pretty sure this puzzle is impossible to complete.

The pinnacle of puzzling in Oracle of Ages, which is to say in Zelda in general, for the formerly titled "Mystical Seed of Wisdom" starring the Oracle named after the Golden Goddess of Wisdom, is appropriately one of the most puzzle-heavy LoZs.

Back in the day, I had the Nintendo Power game guide that covered both Oracle games, I just used that for this. However, I believe I forgot the whole thing for these "color the floor" rooms when I replayed them years later, barring maybe the Cane of Somaria part on this one.

Remind me, which dungeon is this in? If it's the last, I have an unfinished OoA file I could open to try and see how many attempts I need to solve this again.

---

A fire and s'mores makes summer all the better, even in the era we're in. Mosquitoes making your legs tingle fifteen minutes in, not so much.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Seeing Mythra vs. Pyra reminds me that I have to fix their figure, or rather to be fixed since I'm not a handcrafter and I would just destroy them.

Wished a Pneuma figure exists to have the triumvirate together.

Edit: Pneuma is NOT a spoiler, so.

Edited by Julian Teehee

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mosquitoes making your legs tingle fifteen minutes in, not so much.

Straight facts. I can relate.

Well, ended up returning to Gotha Pass. MKS's are just so rare to be worth training at Estark's Labyrinth. On the flipside, during my time hunting down MKS's I recruited a Barbatos. Also a good monster. I'm replacing Starkers with him, as I'm not going to wait until Starkers gets to the really meaningful level ups.

Well, when my Killing Machine got 200 Strength, so I thought I could attempt beating Estark under 15 turns... not even close. Estark has 9000HP, so the bare minimum is to inflict 600 damage per turn. However, I'm going to have the King Cureslime on permanent healing duty, casting Omniheal every turn, unless it has to use the War Drum for Oomph effect. So 200 damage per turn per the other party members. So nope. Golem and Killing Machine with Oomph were inflicting around there, but the person with the next highest Attack, Madason, only hovered around 150. Once Estark's Bounce wears off it's best to switch him for Nera as Kafrizzle does 180-200 damage. Estark has 0% protection against the Frizz, Sizz, and Bang spell lines, so Kafrizzle is the best constant damage dealer. Problem is that relying on Oomph for the others means one Disruptive Wave and bye-bye doing it under 15 turns as even one turn lost using War Drum means the whole thing doesn't work out. Unless everyone can act before Estark... and don't need the healing.

So! I'll continue grinding. Though well, will continue next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Essentially, a draft is a run in which you are trying to get the lowest turn count possible using only certain units, which are selected by a draft.

I see, I see!
Thanks for explaining!

33 minutes ago, Wraith said:

What? No, I just wanted you to tell them I didn’t run.

Oh. Okay then!
Here I was, thinking you'd turn into an actual wraith. But good thing you're not.

Needed almost an hour to beat the boss in Futaba's palace (including cutscenes). That was a proof of a long as boring bossfight because the attacks of the boss were just repetitive. Even the cutscene with Futaba's introdction and the ballista didn't really help. It was tedious, and I know later bosses will become even more.

Though I have to admit the bosses in the former games were even less exciting aside of Nyx Avatar who has been my most favorite boss in videogames ironically. The robot with these blocks in Persona 4 defintitely gets the award for being the least pleasant boss in Persona for me.

Edited by Julian Teehee

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The pinnacle of puzzling in Oracle of Ages, which is to say in Zelda in general, for the formerly titled "Mystical Seed of Wisdom" starring the Oracle named after the Golden Goddess of Wisdom, is appropriately one of the most puzzle-heavy LoZs.

Back in the day, I had the Nintendo Power game guide that covered both Oracle games, I just used that for this. However, I believe I forgot the whole thing for these "color the floor" rooms when I replayed them years later, barring maybe the Cane of Somaria part on this one.

Remind me, which dungeon is this in? If it's the last, I have an unfinished OoA file I could open to try and see how many attempts I need to solve this again.

You need to have beaten Oracle of Seasons and transferred your file to Oracle of Ages to enter the heroes cave.

Right here is where it is.

85326929_LegendofZeldaThe-OracleofAges(USA).png.8d7f81291c69523a22674cd203fa85cb.png

Alrighty, I just completed Tales of Berseria. The ending battle: A bit more difficult than I expected, still pulled through though. Was a very fun game overall, with my one big complaint being traveling speed. It takes a bit long to get to places, which can be annoying at times.

I loved the skits as always. They add so much to the characters, outside of the story as well which is great.

The battle system got a lot better the further I got into the game, which stood out to me as well. AI is very stupid, though, not that i'm not used to it of course.

Now the ending:

Spoiler

That ending was rather sad. I was hoping that Velvet would get a happier ending, she deserved it! I guess that wasn't meant to happen. I suppose she IS with her brother now sure, but I would have liked a different outcome, personally.

I ended at level 65, and I still don't understand the Mystic Arte system!

Finished chapter 8x in Super Thracia.

I can be glad it was no escape mission because otherwise Osian and Marty would have been in jail.

It was basically Leif against the rest of the world.

Glad that he had enough con to grab some goodies.

Anyways needing a break now...

Edited by Julian Teehee

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Alrighty, I just completed Tales of Berseria. The ending battle: A bit more difficult than I expected, still pulled through though. Was a very fun game overall, with my one big complaint being traveling speed. It takes a bit long to get to places, which can be annoying at times.

I loved the skits as always. They add so much to the characters, outside of the story as well which is great.

The battle system got a lot better the further I got into the game, which stood out to me as well. AI is very stupid, though, not that i'm not used to it of course.

Now the ending:

Reveal hidden contents

That ending was rather sad. I was hoping that Velvet would get a happier ending, she deserved it! I guess that wasn't meant to happen. I suppose she IS with her brother now sure, but I would have liked a different outcome, personally.

Glad you enjoyed yourself! ^^

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Tutturu!

I will start the next round a few hours later today, since i am invited  somewhrre

Have fun, Shrimpy!

---

As for what I did today, I took an extended nap during noon, but I feel somehow worse now than I did before.
This morning, though I continued my exploits through Nights of Azure. I finally got started on Chapter 3, and got access to the Ruswal Opera House (OST here) to meet with a pureblooded demon who has information on how to seal the Nightlord away.
Said demon, of course, turns out to be Christophorus, who makes the Opera her home.
And what a home it is. This is the entrance hall:

Spoiler

oprPuNI.jpg

Anyway, since Christophorus has no grasp of who Arnice is and why she would ask a pureblooded demon for help, she summons a boss to "test" Arnice, the Blueblood Count Rosier (awesome battle theme here).
This guy turned out to be surprisingly rough with only the standard Servan team at my disposal. See, the guy's attacks are rather relentless, and he summons instruments (yes, instruments), which circle around him and damage you if you get hit by them. They have health bars and you can destroy them, but it is rather tricky to do so... unless you have a Wolf Servan, whose Servan Burst is an AOE attack that damages and stuns all nearby enemies. It comes out super quick and is usually enough to one-shot the instruments if the Wolf's level is high enough. The attack's secondary Stun effect can also trigger against the boss, of course, which would leave him helpless for a while.
Count Rosier is also one of three bosses that can completely seal away your Servans for a while, rendering them unusable, unless you have a second party to switch to, which you could have at this point, but I didn't have that due to my challenge, meaning I was without a healer for a time, and at the mercy of his strongest attack: a cinematic one, even, that leaves you at low health. Luckily, you can dodge it, but he'll try to use it multiple times, so you have to be on your guard.
That isn't to say you can't damage him without any Servans, but... they exist for a reason. Unless you can dodge like a god, you need at least a healer at your side.
In any case, the Servan seal luckily is not infinite, and with a bit of perseverance, the Blueblood Count falls, leaving Christophorus impressed with Arnice's prowess and giving the information that the Night cannot be sealed, it can only be defeated, and to seek out Corrine, the Herald.

Spoiler

2oIMgLf.jpg

Later back at the hotel, upon being asked by the manager Simon how her mission to gather info went, she answers this:
eyq2XFS.jpg

IMG_20200815_133358.jpg

Capitalism

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Was a very fun game overall, with my one big complaint being traveling speed. It takes a bit long to get to places, which can be annoying at times.

Agreed. Hoverboard made things better but it should've come at an earlier time.

Still, glad you enjoyed the game.

I knew my one and only entry written the way it was would have a use one day... okay, not really.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Capitalism

*insert obligatory "ho" here*

Ngl though, that's actually quite amusing.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ngl though, that's actually quite amusing.

I find it hilarious that it basically has DLC for whoever the Democratic Presidential and Vice Presidential nominees are. Even more so because Biden is the Presidential nominee so now there's just an empty podium unless the makers make Biden 2.

Finally through with assignments for the summer semester. I'm definitely glad to be done with that class.

Now I have some extra time next week to work on my backlog, get some writing done, and check on the status of job applications which no employer ever responds to.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Okay, I think at this point I'll just max out the levels of the Golem and Killing Machine. Golem is at 44 of his max of 50, Killing Machine at 21 of 30. Although the latter still needs A LOT of EXP for that. But then, it might be worth it in the end.

21 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Now I have some extra time next week to work on my backlog, get some writing done, and check on the status of job applications which no employer ever responds to.

Ah, I get that. I once spent about nine months trying to get a job... and no joy. So I began dealing with CFD's.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

22 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I wish you good luck! Hopefully you can find one!

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Have fun, Shrimpy!

Thanks thanks!

Time to start the next round!

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Now the ending:

Hide contents

I hope you enjoyed it 😉