• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20200816-150621_1.png

May or may not mean anything. Though if it is real, then i get the feeling BotW 2 will not come out this year.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'M GETTING A SWITCH I DON'T CARE HAVE MY FIRSTBORN CHILD NINTENDO JUST GIVE ME THIS GAME YESSSSS

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I love how they brought back the town music from FC for SC. I never get tired of hearing Zeiss's theme.

Yeah, a lot of songs get reused in each game of each arc, mainly because it just makes sense that they do. I haven't verified this but I'm pretty sure that each game at the start of each arc (FC, Zero, Cold Steel 1) have more songs in their OSTs compared to their successors.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, a lot of songs get reused in each game of each arc, mainly because it just makes sense that they do. I haven't verified this but I'm pretty sure that each game at the start of each arc (FC, Zero, Cold Steel 1) have more songs in their OSTs compared to their successors.

I see. That's interesting.

---------

I'm at the point where my party has to choose between either Olivier or Kloe since Tita is joining. Who is recommended to take with me?

Edited by twilitfalchion

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm at the point where my party has to choose between either Olivier or Kloe since Tita is joining. Who is recommended to take with me?

I'd say Olivier but I'm also kinda biased against support-based characters. Although for the upcoming boss fight, it might be better to take Kloe. 

Just now, Armagon said:

I'd say Olivier but I'm also kinda biased against support-based characters. Although for the upcoming boss fight, it might be better to take Kloe. 

Thanks. I think I'll go Olivier for the heck of it. A little extra challenge never hurts now and then.

>not using Kloe for ch2 boss

Mad man

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Kloe has higher ATS and better crafts. Olivier S-craft is useless since it's physical and he is a magic character

The only thing Olivier has over Kloe is the better Orbment setup

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Benice said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'M GETTING A SWITCH I DON'T CARE HAVE MY FIRSTBORN CHILD NINTENDO JUST GIVE ME THIS GAME YESSSSS

There's that one game that gives a person more than just a nudge to get a new console. Glad it's Skyward Sword for you. 

AHAHAHAHA, I DID IT!

Once my Killing Machine reached 249 Strength I went ahead and used the Seeds of Strength I got from drops on it, to get it to max the stat right away. This is important since it's the most optimal way to use a certain weapon against Estark: The Blizzard Blade. Bought in Precaria, these swords have a special effect: They inflict bonus damage dependent on an enemy's resistance to the Crack line of spells. At 0%, it's a 150% bonus. Estark has a 20% resistance, but that is still a 130% bonus. And it shows. With max Strength and the Blizzard Blade, the Killing Machine could inflict around 180 damage at base... and 250-320 with Oomph! Golem at max strength and Oomph could inflict around 230 damage too. Between them and switching Madason for Barbatos once Bounce wore off... it was finally possible. To my luck, Estark only used Disruptive Wave about twice. Another plus of having Killing Machine and Barbatos is that both are immune to Kaboom, and Killing Machine also to C-c-cold Breath. All monsters had over 400HP, ensuring I could reuse the War Drum before having to Omniheal.

14 turns. I made it in 14 turns. I know of people who have done it as low as eight... perhaps even lower... but I'm not aiming for that. So, the grand rewards is... the final knick-knack. Yeah, just that. The Catas Trophy. But now I can say I'm done with the game. Phew, what a journey.

Next time... DQVI, and finish the Zenithia Trilogy!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Kloe

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

better crafts.

IMG_20200109_112053.jpg

Kloe can Impede, which is good, but apart from that and her S-Craft heals, I can't think of a time where I thought to myself "yeah I should be using Kloe's Crafts". Whereas Olivier was definitely a character I used Crafts with more often.

20 hours ago, Wraith said:

Not really, unless you’re a member of The Party. 

Nah, I'm not. Actually my wording was not quite precise. Poetic would have been more accurate instead of wise.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I love how they brought back the town music from FC for SC. I never get tired of hearing Zeiss's theme.

Town themes always return in a sequel. Applies to complete Sky triology, Crossbell and Cold Steel II. In Cold Steel III they changed the theme of 

Spoiler

Heimdallr.

Edit: 

Spoiler

I think Trista's theme was removed in Cold Steel II.

Yesterday evening I became witness of one of the most beautiful thunderstorms I've seen the past decade. This one had an organisation, was pretty close of becoming a supercell. It offloaded some wind and heavy rain, but after ten minutes the event was over. After that I could see some great lightning in the sky. This was a thunderstorm I want to see: aesthetic but not destructive. And the rain was enough for now.

Looks like as if we might not have a Xenoblade winner...

Edited by Julian Teehee

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20200109_112053.jpg

Kloe can Impede, which is good, but apart from that and her S-Craft heals, I can't think of a time where I thought to myself "yeah I should be using Kloe's Crafts". Whereas Olivier was definitely a character I used Crafts with more often.

Sieg is super good, better than any thing Olivier has to offer. Olivier's only useful craft is the Impede craft.

Crafts aside, You usually decide between higher ATS + Panic button or better orbment set ups

1 hour ago, Julian Teehee said:

Looks like as if we might not have a Xenoblade winner...

yeah i am surprised, too!

9 hours ago, Benice said:

Well, Benice has finally lost his mind. Honestly I’m surprised it took so long.

I agree, actually. She does look like Edelgard. Which makes that doubly hilarious.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

14 turns. I made it in 14 turns. I know of people who have done it as low as eight... perhaps even lower... but I'm not aiming for that. So, the grand rewards is... the final knick-knack. Yeah, just that. The Catas Trophy. But now I can say I'm done with the game. Phew, what a journey.

Congratulations! 👍

---

I was just about to head to bed last night, when finally - FINALLY - a thunderstorm hit.
Never in my life have I been so happy about needing to unplug every electronic device around the flat. Let me tell you, seeing lightning flash through the clouds at night is absolutely beautiful. For just one instant, the entire world turns as bright as day even though the sun is not out, and then it goes dark again. Awesome.
And today is finally a cool day with good air! ... Unless it gets humid again later today, which is sadly entirely possible.

With that said, good morning, my friends! Hope you're all doing well today!

---

Before going to bed last night, I played some more Nights of Azure, got Arnice to level 6, which is what I wanted to do before moving on, so later today, I'll tackle Church of the Defiant God, which houses one of my favorite bosses in the game. We'll see if I can do it with just the standard Servan team. I am... afraid, to say the least, because this boss is mean. Though not half as mean as the one that follows next chapter, which is also the one I dread the most for this challenge run.

Can you send some of that thunderstorm over here, too? I am burning atm, and the night wasn't really good either (although not as hot as last week)

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

With that said, good morning, my friends! Hope you're all doing well today!

Tutturu!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Can you send some of that thunderstorm over here, too? I am burning atm, and the night wasn't really good either (although not as hot as last week)

I'd love to, actually. Sorry to hear you had a sucky night.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Tutturu!

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sorry to hear you had a sucky night.

Atleast i was able to enjoy some Jackbox and Tearmoon Empire. Silverlinings and all 😄

also, i am doing a crazy thing

kJqgGJs.jpg

which i started a few hours earlier

rip me

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Atleast i was able to enjoy some Jackbox and Tearmoon Empire. Silverlinings and all 😄

True!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

also, i am doing a crazy thing

kJqgGJs.jpg

which i started a few hours earlier

rip me

F for Shrimpy.
Good luck, and have fun! ^^