• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Despite the doubts I have on the prospect of a Genealogy remake... just imagine if they went all out with showing the Berhara Massacre...

That'd actually be pretty good, as I feel like the fact that the cast was underdeveloped, (well, and the fact that I knew that the plot twist was coming) were why I didn't feel too bad about the Belhalla massacre.

It is confirmed, player units in Thracia are allergic to hitting anything below 100%. (GLARES ANGRILY AT LEIF AND FARGUS)

If they remake the game, I hope they make hit 0-100 and implement 2rn... Be a lot less frustrating that way. That said, haven't been punished by the 1-99, but I know I will at some point.

Edited by Benice

One random number should stay and also be executed in future parts because I don't want to deal with fake numbers which I have to check out first to determine the true hitrate. I still don't even know after playing Fire Emblem for seven years why true hit (two random numbers) even exists.

But yeah, I want to have guaranteed hit and miss in a FE5 remake (even I if understand the 1-99% hitrate for plot reason).

Edited by Julian Teehee

5 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

One random number should stay and also be executed in future parts because I don't want to deal with fake numbers which I have to check out first to determine the true hitrate. I still don't even know after playing Fire Emblem for seven years why true hit (two random numbers) even exists.

Eh, I like it since it makes higher hitrates more consistent, although it is very much a matter of opinion.

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

That'd actually be pretty good, as I feel like the fact that the cast was underdeveloped, (well, and the fact that I knew that the plot twist was coming) were why I didn't feel too bad about the Belhalla massacre.

Benice you need to cut down on all that heresy in your head.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Benice you need to cut down on all that heresy in your head.

Well, I mostly feel that it would have felt a lot more emotionally jarring if I'd been totally invested in the characters. That said, the game does do a good job with a few of 'em.

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

gatosexo.gif

Nice!

Indeed!

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

i didn't like the beginning much, but after she says ''Kiss of Fire'' it really goes on Fire 👌

gatosexo.gif

Gotta start slowly, so the flames hit better. XD

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

You want live action song in game?

Not the live action version, but imagine if this song played during the boss battle of the character it belongs to (that being Praline a la Mode, a boss in Bravely Default).

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Me with Hector in FE7 during my first run of the game.

Oof. XD
But yeah, Hector was never that godlike for me, either.

7 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I was actually able to finish the chapter. I'm honestly surprised I didn't have more trouble, considering how bad at FE I am.

Congratulations! 👍

The third chapter boss of Nights of Azure 2 is... weird, to say the least. It's a giant stone statue, basically.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20180212071742

I... don't even know if I can call it a boss battle, since all you have to do is redirect some light beams with mirrors to shatter barriers to free your trapped allies like this:
toRtSpX.jpg

And after you do this, the boss straight up loses its body and turns into a floating head.
bl5GSaH.jpg

And then it floats around the battlefield, completely defenseless and you can just wail on it until it dies, after which this happens:
TK8fjYF.jpg

lol

I mean, I'm not complaining after Veruschka kicked my butt six times in the previous chapter, and in this chapter, there was the Muveil fight (that thankfully only needed me to get her down to half health), buuut... for a main chapter boss, David was more a puzzle than anything else, really. And it's not like you're on a time crunch, either.
The battle theme also indicates something completely different.

Edited by DragonFlames

What's up with stupid cards game in JPRGs lately?

Cold Steel 3's one was already a pain in the ass for me to understand, but Sakura Wars's takes the cake:

tvlILOJ.jpg

So this is like Poker just numbers and colors are replaced by some animals flower's blossoms? A superb game for people who love memorizing keeping apart all these similar looking symbols. It's just not for me (coming from someone who's actually decent in memorizing).

Please just bring back Poker like in Tales of the Abyss or Sky 3rd. These games were easy to understand and fun. Even Blaze was alright.

PS: It's a shame that I don't understand this game because I used to love cards games at least not in videogames.

Edited by Julian Teehee

That's why I don't own a car.

I can't say if this was a type or not.

As for cards games it can too, but it can mainly burn your wallet depending what game you play. I remember when my grandpa shouted at my grandma at Skat when she played a wrong card for not quite understanding the game. Cards games can cause marriage crisis.

Edited by Julian Teehee

Racing games can actually be pretty awesome. I play them from time to time.
Just... no modern racing game I've played can match the greatness that is Grand Prix 2 (a PC game from 1993) or Le Mans 2000 (a PS2 game from, well, 2000).
I'm kinda sad I can't play these anymore, because modern hardware doesn't support them.

I played one Need for Speed game for PS3 which actually belonged to my dad. This one was fun, funniest part was when helicopters threw explosive barrels to the ground.

I also played a Formula 1 game for the N64 when this racing sports was interesting to watch actually.

Oh yeah, and I played the good old family racing games aka Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing.

Haven't you heard about the Star Wars Battlefront II debacle?
Or EA's other... er, exploits: shutting down development studios by the dozen, doubling down on lootboxes and microtransactions, releasing unfished, buggy messes of games with promises to "fix it later", gating most of the content behind Season Passes and preorder bonuses... if there's something to be done wrong (meaning anti-consumer), EA did it wrong, let's just put it that way.
And let's not forget it's been repeatedly voted worst company in America.

I wouldn't buy a game of theirs if someone held a gun to my head. XD

Same with Activision-Blizzard, Ubisoft, Bethesda etc.

Edited by DragonFlames

The 2K games are the worst and most recent examples of their greed, if I understand correctly.

Of course, I stopped playing sports games a very long time ago, so I wouldn't really know except from what I hear through others.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

But yeah, Hector was never that godlike for me, either.

Well, 5 movement throughout the whole game is a bit of a killer.

But when your endgame party is this:

[MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO IS READING MY LP, SINCE I'M ONLY AT COG OF DESTINY IN TERMS OF UPDATES AND A LOT OF CRAP WENT DOWN AFTER NIGHT OF FAREWELLS]

Spoiler

3UseLEi.png

And yes, everyone else is ded.

Hector becomes pretty important.

(The reason Hawkeye and Marcus aren't deployed is Marcus dying pre-reset in 13x and Hawkeye...I dunno, just decided not to use him in this run even though he's endgame ready.)

Also, the only reason (More spoilers, although this one's less spoilery)

Spoiler

Nils survived was because I hacked the game to allow dancers to promote into dancer-He's a level 20/20 bard. With capped everything that matters. (It was to unlock Genesis, okay?!)

Edited by Benice

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The 2K games are the worst and most recent examples of their greed, if I understand correctly.

Of course, I stopped playing sports games a very long time ago, so I wouldn't really know except from what I hear through others.

Their Madden 21 game holds the record for lowest user score ever on Metacritic. And it's a reskin of Madden 20 (with some of the assets still being the same, and the glitches not being fixed).
Also, UFC4 has actual ads in the game.

I love following game industry BS, because it's so damn entertaining. XD

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, 5 movement throughout the whole game is a bit of a killer.

But when your endgame party is this:

[MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO IS READING MY LP, SINCE I'M ONLY AT COG OF DESTINY IN TERMS OF UPDATES AND A LOT OF CRAP WENT DOWN AFTER NIGHT OF FAREWELLS]

Reveal hidden contents

3UseLEi.png

Hector becomes pretty important.

(The reason Hawkeye and Marcus aren't deployed is Marcus dying pre-reset in 13x and Hawkeye...I dunno, just decided not to use him in this run even though he's endgame ready.)

Also, the only reason (More spoilers, although this one's less spoilery)

Reveal hidden contents

Nils survived was because I hacked the game to allow dancers to promote into dancer-He's a level 20/20 bard. With capped everything that matters. (It was to unlock Genesis, okay?!)

Yeah, I can see that!

Good luck! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames