Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't mind me, I'm just here to drop my favorite two. Not that they're the only two I like. I don't think there's any music in Berwick Saga I don't like.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Also, this absolute baller of a boss theme as a bonus.

Reveal hidden contents

Okay, I'm definitely looking forward to that! Glad to hear that it's good on average then.

Is there a boss/mini boss theme too?

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, can someone explain the moving to me? Do you and the enemies move at the same time? Or is it you then an enemy, and then you again? I'm so confused!

You see in the top-right corner of the screen, there is a line of boots of different colors? That is the turn order. I.E, if the turn order is one blue, two red then two blue, you get to movve one unit, then the enemy moves two, thenyou move two, etc.

Also-YELLOW UNITS ARE NOT GREEN UNITS, THEY WILL ATTACK YOU IF YOU PROMPT THEM TO.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

You see in the top-right corner of the screen, there is a line of boots of different colors? That is the turn order. I.E, if the turn order is one blue, two red then two blue, you get to movve one unit, then the enemy moves two, thenyou move two, etc.

Ah, so the turn order works kind of like Trails in the Sky's combat then. Interesting.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, thanks for the ping, @Benice. It truly pleases me to see so many people intending to play Kaga's greatest masterpiece.

Anything for the good cause!

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Ah, so the turn order works kind of like Trails in the Sky's combat then. Interesting.

It makes the game super interesting and gives incentive to not turtle.

Adel is a super fun unit, change my mind.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also-YELLOW UNITS ARE NOT GREEN UNITS, THEY WILL ATTACK YOU IF YOU PROMPT THEM TO.

So you dont move at the exact same time as an enemy, then?

Just now, lightcosmo said:

So you dont move at the exact same time as an enemy, then?

Nope. It is still turn-based. Each boot is one unit you can move, then the enemy gets to move once it reaches them..

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nope. It is still turn-based. Each boot is one unit you can move, then the enemy gets to move once it reaches them..

Good. Sorry for the confusion, I misunderstood completely! Sorry about that!

20 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is there a boss/mini boss theme too?

There's two.

This is for minibosses in main missions:

Spoiler

And this is for bosses in sidequests:

Spoiler

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I'll add that there's an exception to the system: the first move of each turn. At the start of every turn, the player gets one move no matter what, followed by one guaranteed enemy move. If there are other factions (green and yellow armies), they'll also get a guaranteed move of their own at the start of the turn. Afterwards, the cycle begins as normal, with the largest army getting the next few moves.

It's a bit confusing at first, but just keep an eye on the HUD indicator and you'll be fine. Once you're familiar enough with the system, it's possible to pull off some really fun tactics. For example, say there's an enemy you want to lure closer, but next to him there's another one that's really scary. Just use up some of your own moves, and with any luck, the scary enemy will wait, but the other one won't. Then you can lure him closer safely!

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

No, no, it's all good! It is a new system! (Feel free to PM me whenever you want to, I can tell you about units and skills and promotions and whatnot.)

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Question @Benice @Saint Rubenio Is there a way to manipulate the turn order?

Defeating enemy units will-It is calculated based on the amount of units in each faction. The enemy will not move five times in a row if they have five units left and you have 12, for example.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Defeating enemy units will-It is calculated based on the amount of units in each faction. The enemy will not move five times in a row if they have five units left and you have 12, for example.

But no ability for example to deny an enemy a move or delay it/replace it with your own?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

But no ability for example to deny an enemy a move or delay it/replace it with your own?

No, I'm afraid that's not a thing. What you see in the HUD is what you get, until you kill enough enemies for it to change.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If RNG doesn't piss me off, it looks like something i might really enjoy

The low hitrates can be a bit annoying early on, but please don't let them deter you. The game gives you options to maximize your chances, less so early on but there's still some things you can use (for example, Leon and Adel's Supporter skill, Christine's Aim skill, Reese's Commander skill), and keep in mind that the enemy isn't much better off. Due to how combat works in BWS, consistently high hitrates would kinda break the game.

Oh, and don't despair if your units get bad levels. Growths are at an all time low in this game, and raw stats are far less important than in FE anyway. Equipment and skills matter much more than stats in Berwick.

Finally, read the ingame tutorials. They're very good.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The low hitrates can be a bit annoying early on, but please don't let them deter you

If you let low hitrates deter you, how can one experience the joy of Vantage spamming?!

I'd also like to point out that you get a host of prepromotes/overleveled units with absurd prfs or high bases in skill fairly often, and almost every unit has some good way to mitigate hit problems.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The low hitrates can be a bit annoying early on, but please don't let them deter you. The game gives you options to maximize your chances, less so early on but there's still some things you can use (for example, Leon and Adel's Supporter skill, Christine's Aim skill, Reese's Commander skill), and keep in mind that the enemy isn't much better off. Due to how combat works in BWS, consistently high hitrates would kinda break the game.

I will play a bit, if i see i can migitate the hit rates well, i will continue, if not, i don't think i will be able to enjoy it much, sorry.
I am the kind of person who doesn't like to win/lose due to RNG much (especially the latter xD), and if the whole combat is built upon luck, i don't think it's for me. 

I will give it it's fair chance though and see what i can do.

If it's for example like FE5, where Charm and Supports can raise your hit pretty reliably, and you have high hit PRF weapons with many characters, i can roll with that. If it's more akin to FE6 i don't think i will enjoy it much.

Oh, and don't despair if your units get bad levels. Growths are at an all time low in this game, and raw stats are far less important than in FE anyway

I don't mind that if the game is balanced around it 😉

Equipment and skills matter much more than stats in Berwick.

That's something i find pretty good!

Edited by Shrimperor

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I will play a bit, if i see i can migitate the hit rates well, i will continue, if not, i don't think i will be able to enjoy it much, sorry.
I am the kind of person who doesn't like to win/lose due to RNG much (especially the latter xD), and if the whole combat is built upon luck, i don't think it's for me. 

I will give it it's fair chance though and see what i can do.

If it's for example like FE5, where Charm and Supports can raise your hit pretty reliably, and you have hit hit PRF weapons with many characters, i can roll with that. If it's more akin to FE6 i don't think i will enjoy it much.

😉

Well, at this point all I can tell you is, go ahead and see if you like it. Though I will say this: the game is very much designed around the lower hitrates. You won't necessarily lose to a missing streak if you play your cards right.

If worse comes to worst, keep in mind that the game lets you save every 5 turns. You'll never have to redo entire maps if you don't want to. That helps to alleviate the frustration, I think.