Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

In any case, in Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, I desperately need more training. Level 10 will not cut it against the boss of the first Stratum.
Especially not with a team like mine, that is rather effective, yes, but I feel like I haven't yet unlocked their true potential (and I also constantly feel like I'm spreading out skill points wrong, but that's par for the course for me.)

First Stratum is never easy, since a lot of teams won't have access to all their key tools for success. One of the reasons I broke my usual preference for Expert difficulty in Nexus was the annoying EO4 level-gating of the skills, my Ninja cries out for its target-all Panic skill, it's worse than V keeping the Legendary Titles away until the 3rd Stratum.

And on the positive side, because I'm dead set on a Sword!Dark Hunter for my next Untold 2 Classic run (which I'll do as soon I Picnic past the 5th Stratum of my long-unfinished first Classic run because I want to carry over my maps via NG+), I can't use it's essential Soul Liberator until at least level 27, and thats with the bare minimum 1 point investment. 

...I might have to throw in the towel on 3rd EOV run's team because of the final boss, or cheat and revamp it for a single fight via Resting everyone (which isn't what I want to do). I'm level 64 on everyone and I went out of my way to get the money for the Brahmagiri- the ultimate Coffin to maximize the damage of my Spirit Broker's Summon Wraith > Sacrifice > Gates of Hell > Fair Trade. His four common attacks are two party-wides, one row-targeting, and one penetrating, not good at all for my Phantom Duelist. My two attackers can't whip out the damage fast enough before the Grudge Miasma comes into play, and when the boss does its deadliest, telegraphed, attack, I need a full Union Gauge on my Duelist (Determination) or perhaps the Necromancer (Chain Blast), otherwise either my Blade Dancer will die because no armor, or my Shield Bearer will die defending the Blade Dancer.

My other two teams had it far easier here, the first could shut this down and kill it before it could kill me, the second could Chain away at its weakness and Aureole the big one into nothing. I think my team could win, buuuut I may wish to take some time and Zombie Powder three Sonar Worm FOEs for three 9999 HP Wraiths, though it'd be tedium dragging them up a Stratum. They could wipe out just short 30k of the final boss's 35437 HP, though it'd be slightly reduced from damage taken in the first couple turns and on the way up. I got off about ~40% of the final boss's HP if I'm being generous before I lost. And I've a horde of Nectar IIs gathered from my prior two playthroughs.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Kinda, thanks^^

That's good to hear! ^^

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well let's see what's up for tonight

New sig

Berwick ch8

Enjoy! ^^

---

As for me, I'll probably be continuing the adventures of the Draggy Guild! I desperately need to get my peeps some levels so I can upgrade their skills a little.
Especially Catastro's ailment inducers have missfired a lot, so I should see to get those up as I go along. Although I do find his debuffs to be even more useful to me, particularly in conjunction with Brownie's Hit Taker...

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Should I tell you about how Sooks wants a Draggy x Shrimpy fanfic...? XD
... Yeah, this thread got weird. Even moreso than usual, I mean. XD

That’s just the power of Sooks!

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Deke is really solid if you promote him. And make sure to recruit Echidna if you took Route A. She's like a second Deke, but she comes promoted.

Noted, but Rutger is definitely getting this first hero crest. Sacae scares me...

Edited by Sooks1016

IMG_20201008_164911.jpg?width=768&height

It him. The cooler Ahkos.

Anyways, after doing H.B's Affinity Mission, i went and paid my respects to a certain Tyrant

IMG_20201008_164913.jpg?width=768&height

Of course H.B is the only one who survives, truly the superior man.

After that, i decided to explore more of Noctilum. I started here.

IMG_20201008_143529.jpg?width=768&height

And made my goal that mountain you see across the sea.

Found a Scenic Viewpoint in the process

IMG_20201008_144218.jpg?width=768&height

And after a while, arrived at my destination on the other side:

IMG_20201008_145353.jpg?width=768&height

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First Stratum is never easy, since a lot of teams won't have access to all their key tools for success.

This is true, even for the story mode party.

One of the reasons I broke my usual preference for Expert difficulty in Nexus was the annoying EO4 level-gating of the skills, my Ninja cries out for its target-all Panic skill, it's worse than V keeping the Legendary Titles away until the 3rd Stratum.

Confession: I never once completed an EO game on Expert. I tend to use Standard at the highest. XP
This current playthrough I'm doing on Standard, as well. But I'm thinking about lowering it to Picnic for leveling up more (level 10 won't cut it. At all!)

And on the positive side, because I'm dead set on a Sword!Dark Hunter for my next Untold 2 Classic run (which I'll do as soon I Picnic past the 5th Stratum of my long-unfinished first Classic run because I want to carry over my maps via NG+), I can't use it's essential Soul Liberator until at least level 27, and thats with the bare minimum 1 point investment. 

That will take... a while.
Though I think level 27 should be feasible to accomplish by the end of Stratum 2. Especially if you do the Ginnungagap quests.

Oh, by the way, I wanted your opinion on something if you don't mind: do you think it is worth leveling up the passive skills such as Curb Attack Up or Phys Attack Up for my Hexer and Ronin respectively (and on that note, Double Action or that skill that allows regular attacks to be line-piercing for my Gunner)? Or would you recommend I just keep leveling their usable skills further?

...I might have to throw in the towel on 3rd EOV run's team because of the final boss, or cheat and revamp it for a single fight via Resting everyone (which isn't what I want to do). I'm level 64 on everyone and I went out of my way to get the money for the Brahmagiri- the ultimate Coffin to maximize the damage of my Spirit Broker's Summon Wraith > Sacrifice > Gates of Hell > Fair Trade. His four common attacks are two party-wides, one row-targeting, and one penetrating, not good at all for my Phantom Duelist. My two attackers can't whip out the damage fast enough before the Grudge Miasma comes into play, and when the boss does its deadliest, telegraphed, attack, I need a full Union Gauge on my Duelist (Determination) or perhaps the Necromancer (Chain Blast), otherwise either my Blade Dancer will die because no armor, or my Shield Bearer will die defending the Blade Dancer.

Oh, that's rough.
That boss I remember being really, really hard when I fought it the first time, too.
Took me getting my (rather subpar, admittedly) team to level 70 to be able to beat the thing.

I think my team could win, buuuut I may wish to take some time and Zombie Powder three Sonar Worm FOEs for three 9999 HP Wraiths, though it'd be tedium dragging them up a Stratum. They could wipe out just short 30k of the final boss's 35437 HP, though it'd be slightly reduced from damage taken in the first couple turns and on the way up.

I think if you can manage to avoid combat that would be your best bet.

10 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

That’s just the power of Sooks!image.gif.1721ec74e7b49d151d410cb07eeff2ca.gif

(apologies if this makes anyone sad)

No worries! XD

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201008_145353.jpg?width=768&height

This looks awesome, ngl.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

No worries! XD

I ended up deleting it in case anyone knew where that was from, just looking at her lowkey hit me in the feels

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Have fun! ^^

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Enjoy Atelier Berwick: Kaga and the city of ventures

Protip: let the Atelier hold onto your items so you can save inventory space. You csn reclaim em later dw!

Ah, good to know. Thanks!

Welcome to another episode of Shrimpramblings mini!

Since we have alot of newcomers atm, Shrimpramblings is a series where I, the Emperor of the Shrimps, post various thoughts about FE. It could be gameplay mechanics, Story mechanics, fangame ideas F for Tech vs. Magic idea, stuff that will never become a reality, etc.!

Hence empty useless ramblings...

Today we have...

Armor Knights!

The most useless of units in the Series.

They are suppossed to be tanky, yet they end up taking much more damage than any other units, because their def is not really that high, and they end up getting doubled by everything in existence except other Armor Knights!

Some people say we should remove their main weakness, that is movement and speed, but i don't think that's the right approach to take.

First of all i think we should give the defence to actually tank something.

But is that enough when they are saddled with low mov and spd? I don't think so.

Now i am gonna take a page from Berwick and 3H

In both these games, units have a secondary equipment slot. In Berwick some units can wear stat increasing rings, while others only shields, depending on class. In 3H anyone can equip secondary equipment, although i don't know what use equipping a magic staff on a physical unit would be.

What if, unlike other units, Armor units could have 2 secondary equipment slots, instead of just 1? I think this could somehow alleviate some of their problems, if they could use Shields to stay tanky, and use a more offensive secondary equipment to have some offensive power as well

/Shrimpramblings end

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Since we have alot of newcomers atm, Shrimpramblings is a series where I, the Emperor of the Shrimps, post various thoughts about FE. It could be gameplay mechanics, Story mechanics, fangame ideas F for Tech vs. Magic idea, stuff that will never become a reality, etc.!

Today we have...

Armor Knights!

They are suppossed to be tanky, yet they end up taking much more damage than any other units, because their def is not really that high, and they end up getting doubled by everything in existence except other Armor Knights!

Some people say we should remove their main weakness, that is movement and speed, but i don't think that's the right approach to take.

But is that enough when they are saddled with low mov and spd? I don't think so.

In both these games, units have a secondary equipment slot. In Berwick some units can wear stat increasing rings, while others only shields, depending on class. In 3H anyone can equip secondary equipment, although i don't know what use equipping a magic staff on a physical unit would be.

What if, unlike other units, Armor units could have 2 secondary equipment slots, instead of just 1? I think this could somehow alleviate some of their problems, if they could use Shields to stay tanky, and use a more offensive secondary equipment to have some offensive power as well

/Shrimpramblings end

Sounds good! 👍

---------

On a side note, wow. Alchemy is really complex.

1j9mu4.jpg

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Today we have...

Armor Knights!

/Shrimpramblings end

I'm with twilitfalchion on this one: sounds good! 👍

One thing I'd like to add: I actually thought the Wary Fighter skill was a good way at making Generals more tanky, because it at least removed the "getting doubled by everything and their mommy" issue.
And let's face it, they're not doubling anything either, unless they're Gatrie. XD

---

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wait until you player Atelier games xD

He is, though! He's playing Atelier Escha & Logy! XD
I think.

Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

One thing I'd like to add: I actually thought the Wary Fighter skill was a good way at making Generals more tanky, because it at least removed the "getting doubled by everything and their mommy" issue.

Yup, Wary fighter is a good skill. Still not enough though xD

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

He is, though! He's playing Atelier Escha & Logy! XD

oh, OH!

When he was talking Atelier earlier i thought he mean't Kaga Saga's Atelier XD

Enjoy @twilitfalchion!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Yup, Wary fighter is a good skill. Still not enough though xD

True. XD
Although it made Benny one of the few units that could survive... well, anything on "The Run", for which I was very grateful.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

True. XD
Although it made Benny one of the few units that could survive... well, anything on "The Run", for which I was very grateful.

If you talking Conquest, Effie is one of like 3 units that could tank anything yeah xD

But i think personally that's good design, and one way to make Armor units useful.

Make them the only ones with good def. Effie had enough def to tank stuff.

Honestly, if it was up to me, i would generally make offensive growths for many units super high (we talking 60-80% here) while making def growths super low (10-30%). Only Armor units would have 50%+ Def growths, and only other defensive types would've good def growth (Wyvern as an example i talked about before, but they will have less mov and much less spd compared to pegasi. Kinda like flying Armors).

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

(Wyvern as an example i talked about before, but they will have less mov and much less spd compared to pegasi. Kinda like flying Armors).

This is an idea I would love to see, tbh.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks!

Apparently I have free time now, so...

Time to complete some assignments!

Good luck and enjoy! ^^