Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Confession: I never once completed an EO game on Expert. I tend to use Standard at the highest. XP
This current playthrough I'm doing on Standard, as well. But I'm thinking about lowering it to Picnic for leveling up more (level 10 won't cut it. At all!)

No problem with that I'd say. I've resorted to using old teammates on EOV NG+ to more quickly level and finance the current team once I've reached a Stratum's end and before confronting the boss. Carrying over a Vigilus Baculus from the 4th Stratum and putting it on my Merciful Healer gives me many rapid battles against many shiny enemies.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, by the way, I wanted your opinion on something if you don't mind: do you think it is worth leveling up the passive skills such as Curb Attack Up or Phys Attack Up for my Hexer and Ronin respectively (and on that note, Double Action or that skill that allows regular attacks to be line-piercing for my Gunner)? Or would you recommend I just keep leveling their usable skills further?

For passives, Phys Attack Up on a Grimoire Stone is fine, but investing in it early on? A skip I'd say.

• At level 10 it's a 15% damage boost, which is insignificant when you're dealing double-digit damage, an extra 2 points on a 20 attack isn't a lot.
  • At the end of the game when numbers are far higher, it's worth considering if you have nothing better to put points into because you've gotten all the commands you want to use maxed out.
  • Not to forget that 15% is with a whole ten points, that means each SP provides a microscopic 1-2% increase by itself.
  • Stick to improving your core command skills for now, it'll make the difference.

Curb Attack Up is a different matter, since improving Bind/Ailment infliction is better than a tiny damage boost. The infliction lands or it doesn't, and you want to make sure it lands. It's also more SP efficient than investing in the individual Curses on the Hexer. Why?

• Putting a point into Blinding/Maddening/Torpor/Corrupt/Cranial/Abdomen/Immobile Curse & Evil Eye will increase the base infliction rate of that one Bind/Ailment skill by 1%. The only exceptions are a 5% increase at level 5, and 8% at level 10 (and 6% at level 20 via a Grimoire Stone).
  • Curb Attack Up increases the multiplier for B/A infliction by 7% to start, and 2% more for every subsequent level. Not sure whether increasing the base rate of the infliction skill or slightly multiplying the overall infliction rate is better. But, consider that by putting 1 point of SP into Curb Attack Up, you're increasing the success rate of allllllll of the Hexer's 9 infliction skills, thats a lot more bang for your buck.

Now, if any passive has a good skill needing it as a prerequisite to unlock, then you should consider investing in it up to the point to unlock the skill and no further. Hexers are a case of this, because if you put a full 10 points into Curb Attack Up, you unlock Chained Benefit.

• Chained Benefit is a charge-type skill, it multiplies the user's chance of inflicting B/As on the next turn by: 140% at 1 SP, 175% at 10, and 195% at 20.
  • Chained Benefit costs 1-4 TP, so it's dirt cheap ...but it does bind the user's arms and legs. TBF, it's only reflecting the artwork of the Hexers, and Hexers only use their heads for all their skills. All it'll really do is slow it down.
  • Chained Benefit may not be useful against common enemies because battles are short and enemies hurt you fast, but FOEs and bosses with high B/A resistances? Might want to try it.
  • Not to forget that Chain Benefit benefits all of the Hexer's curses any Grimoire'd inflictors. SP efficiency, check.
  • Give them Displace via Grimoire, and you could actually attempt to double-bind an enemy with a decent success rate.

The above exception to all of the above-mentioned Curses is Venom Curse.

• Its infliction rate goes up 5% at 5, 10, 15, and 20.
  • But more than that, the base Poison damage gradually goes up with each level from 20 Poison damage per turn at level 1, to 75 to 190, 240, and 310 at the levels divisible by 5.
  • I haven't checked to see how competitive Poison damage is in this game, but Venom Curse hits a row, and I could easily sweep floors of enemies in EOV using the party-wide Poison Bomb from the Necromancer. 1st and 2nd Stratum FOEs ought to suffer some appreciable damage too. Venom Curse might help with a certain scylly strong boss's calamari sticks later from what I once read.
  • Later on, Venom Curse will lose its potency though Auto-Spread > Venom Throw in EOIV swept the 6th Stratum, but you could consider it a "Jagen skill" where its early use is worth more than its die-off later. And hey, you can always Rest and have the SP freed up later, unlike that EXP Seth stole.
  • Thus, you might want to try investing in Venom Curse for your Hexer.

Oh yes, Double Action and Penetrator. Double Action doesn't consume any TP on your second action, thats good, but its rate of activation is a little too low for me, 12% at 10 and 22% at 20. 10 SP in TP Up is a 20% TP increase. I'd say skip for now.

Penetrator might be worth considering, 5 points into Phys Attack Up half of what Double Action needs to be unlocked.

• It wouldn't help with FOEs and bosses, but random encounters are 90% of the game, so wanting help there is fine.
  • The piercing damage starts at 40%  of the damage to the enemy in the front row at level 1. It reaches 75% at 10 and 100% at 20. Or if you target the back row, you instead will see your damage to that enemy increased by 20% at 1, 50% at 10, and 70% at 20.
  • I'm intrigued by this having a 100% activation rate at all levels, not sure if I've seen this in such a passive before. I like it.
  • This would add an additional measure of crowd control to your team, since although it's not as ideal as an Alchemist spamming Inferno/Cocytus/Thor Formula, it would damage two enemies at once. Another option for hitting everything would be a Link Order II Grimoire Stone on your Medic whenever they don't need to heal -if you can find such a Grimoire.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This is an idea I would love to see, tbh

^^

Here's a comparison of what i think how Pegasi vs. Wyverns should be like, as by current standards Wyverns are just superior, and are super op.

Pegasi: Decent Atk, high speed, super low Def, high Res and Mov. Which is also how they currently are in most FE. Lances main weapon, on promotion they gain either Staves or Swords, depending on promotion split. 

Wyverns: Very High Atk, High Def, very low speed and Res, Infantry movement. This makes them much weaker than most FE, as they usually have very high stats in everything except Res, and that doesn't matter if you can Brave Axe the Mage and Canto the fuck out anyway thanks to high mov. Main weapon Axes, gain Bows or Dark Magic on promo, depending on split.

Edited by Shrimperor

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No problem with that I'd say. I've resorted to using old teammates on EOV NG+ to more quickly level and finance the current team once I've reached a Stratum's end and before confronting the boss. Carrying over a Vigilus Baculus from the 4th Stratum and putting it on my Merciful Healer gives me many rapid battles against many shiny enemies.

If you continue your Classic EOU2 run, you should consider a Dancer for Holy Gift.
I considered doing so, but then decided against it due to a Hexer fitting my team much better.

For passives, Phys Attack Up on a Grimoire Stone is fine, but investing in it early on? A skip I'd say.

• At level 10 it's a 15% damage boost, which is insignificant when you're dealing double-digit damage, an extra 2 points on a 20 attack isn't a lot.
  • At the end of the game when numbers are far higher, it's worth considering if you have nothing better to put points into because you've gotten all the commands you want to use maxed out.
  • Not to forget that 15% is with a whole ten points, that means each SP provides a microscopic 1-2% increase by itself.
  • Stick to improving your core command skills for now, it'll make the difference.

Ah, so that's how the numbers are. Noted!

Curb Attack Up is a different matter, since improving Bind/Ailment infliction is better than a tiny damage boost. The infliction lands or it doesn't, and you want to make sure it lands. It's also more SP efficient than investing in the individual Curses on the Hexer. Why?

• Putting a point into Blinding/Maddening/Torpor/Corrupt/Cranial/Abdomen/Immobile Curse & Evil Eye will increase the base infliction rate of that one Bind/Ailment skill by 1%. The only exceptions are a 5% increase at level 5, and 8% at level 10 (and 6% at level 20 via a Grimoire Stone).
  • Curb Attack Up increases the multiplier for B/A infliction by 7% to start, and 2% more for every subsequent level. Not sure whether increasing the base rate of the infliction skill or slightly multiply the overall infliction rate is better. But, consider that by putting 1 point of SP into Curb Attack Up, you're increasing the success rate of allllllll of the Hexer's 9 infliction skills, thats a lot more bang for your buck.

... Yeah, I'll definitely be investing in this from now on. I have the ailments I need, and getting this skill on a Grimoire could benefit my Gunner's Arm/Leg/Head Snipe skills that I use occasionally (because why not if I have them, right?).
By the way, you were wondering about the Gunner's Luck stat: at level 10, my Gunner has exactly 10 Luck, so it's not too bad.

Now, if any passive has a good skill needing it as a prerequisite to unlock, then you should consider investing in it up to the point to unlock the skill and no further. Hexers are a case of this, because if you put a full 10 points into Curb Attack Up, you unlock Chained Benefit.

• Chained Benefit is a charge-type skill, it multiplies the user's chance of inflicting B/As on the next turn by: 140% at 1 SP, 175% at 10, and 195% at 20.
  • Chained Benefit costs 1-4 TP, so it's dirt cheap ...but it does bind the user's arms and legs. TBF, it's only reflecting the artwork of the Hexers, and Hexers only use their heads for all their skills. All it'll really do is slow it down.
  • Chained Benefit may not be useful against common enemies because battles are short and enemies hurt you fast, but FOEs and bosses with high B/A resistances? Might want to try it.
  • Not to forget that Chain Benefit benefits all of the Hexer's curses any Grimoire'd inflictors. SP efficiency, check.
  • Give them Displace via Grimoire, and you could actually attempt to double-bind an enemy with a decent success rate.

Ooh, this sounds useful! All the more reason to level up Curb Attack Up!
And Displace is from a War Magus, right? ... I knew I should've carried over my Grimoires. XP

The above exception to all of the above-mentioned Curses is Venom Curse.

• Its infliction rate goes up 5% at 5, 10, 15, 20.
  • But more than that, the base Poison damage gradually goes up with each level from 20 per turn at 1 to 75 to 190, 240, and 310 at levels divisible by 5.
  • I haven't checked to see how competitive Poison damage is in this game, but Venom Curse hits a row, and I could easily sweep floors of enemies in EOV using Poison Bomb from the Necromancer, 1st and 2nd Stratum FOEs ought to suffer some appreciable damage too. Venom Curse might help with a certain scylly strong boss's calamari sticks later from what I once read.
  • Later on, Venom Curse will lose it's potency though Auto-Spread > Venom Throw in EOIV swept the 6th Stratum, but you could consider a "Jagen skill" where its early use is worth more than its die off later. And hey, you can always Rest and have the SP freed up later, unlike that EXP Seth stole.
  • Thus, you might want to try Venom Curse for your Hexer.

Venom Curse I actually used to great success already! You know those Crawlers in the first Stratum? These things can be nasty due to their respectable HP this early on, but if you poison them (they are weak to it), they fall relatively easily.
And if I remember correctly from my story mode run, inflicting Poison off of a level 20 Random Disease did quite a number on the inflicted party.

Oh yes, Double Action and Penetrator. Double Action doesn't consume any TP on your second action, thats good, but its rate of activation is a little too low for me, 12% at 10 and 22% at 20. 10 SP in TP Up is a 20% TP increase. I'd say skip for now.

Penetrator might be worth considering, 5 points into Phys Attack Up half of what Double Action needs to be unlocked.

• It wouldn't help with FOEs and bosses, but random encounters are 90% of the game, so wanting help there is fine.
  • The piercing damage starts at 40%  of the damage to the enemy in the front row at level 1. It reaches 75% at 10 and 100% at 20. Or if you target the back row, you instead will see your damage to that enemy increased by 20% at 1, 50% at 10, and 70% at 20.
  • I'm intrigued by this having a 100% activation rate at all levels, not sure if I've seen this in such a passive before. I like it.
  • This would add an additional measure of crowd control to your team, since although it's not as ideal as an Alchemist spamming Inferno/Cocytus/Thor Formula, it would damage two enemies at once.

Then I will definitely gun (heh) for Penetrator instead!
I didn't know Double Action's activation rate was so low. That's kind of disappointing, but it saves me a lot of skill points!

As far as crowd control goes, here is where I thought the elemental attacks from the Ronin could come in handy, also. Frigid Slash for example, hits the entire enemy party for rather respectable damage even at low levels, but having additional options for crowd control at no TP cost would be very, very useful! Particularly if I can get a Grimoire for it and give it to my other two physical attackers (namely my Ronin and Beast).

Another option for hitting everything would be a Link Order II Grimoire Stone on your Medic whenever they don't need to heal -if you can find such a Grimoire.

... I REALLY should have at least carried over my Grimoires. XD
The moment I saw what Link Order and Link Order II could do, I immediately leveled these skills on Arianna to max after investing some SP into her main buffs.
Link Order offense is what I ended up doing with her mostly.

Anyhow, thank you for the tips and hints! This helps greatly! ^^

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

^^

Here's a comparison of what i think how Pegasi vs. Wyverns should be like, as by current standards Wyverns are just superior

Pegasi: Decent Atk, high speed, super low Def, high Res and Mov. Which is also how they currently are in most FE. Lances main weapon, on promotion they gain either Staves or Swords, depending on promotion split. 

Wyverns: Very High Atk, High Def, very low speed and Res, Infantry movement. This makes them much weaker than most FE, as they usually have very high stats in everything except Res, and that doesn't matter if you can Brave Axe the Mage and Canto the fuck out anyway thanks to high mov. Main weapon Axes, gain Bows or Dark Magic on promo, depending on split.

Nice! 👍
I like it! I like the different promotion options, too!
And yeah, I agree, as it stands, Wyverns are just pegs, but better.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Do dialogue choices have much effect on the gameplay?

I have two, one indicated with a smile, and the other with a heart.

That, I actually don't know, since I never played Escha & Logy.
I don't recall any of the other Atelier games that I did play having such a system, either...

Edited by DragonFlames

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That, I actually don't know, since I never played Escha & Logy.
I don't recall any of the other Atelier games that I did play having such a system, either...

Apparently if you choose the dialogue option with a heart, Escha and Logy build a romantic relationship with each other, and will remain platonic if you choose the reverse.

https://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/escha-logy-plus/add01.php

So Atelier has a support system of sorts like FE. Neat!

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Apparently if you choose the dialogue option with a heart, Escha and Logy build a romantic relationship with each other, and will remain platonic if you choose the reverse.

https://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/escha-logy-plus/add01.php

Interesting. I didn't know this!

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

So Atelier has a support system of sorts like FE. Neat!

While other Atelier games don't really veer that far into romance territory, between the way you increase friendship with your party members (through battle and doing quests for them), and how you can get character events if your friendship level goes high enough, the comparison is certainly accurate.

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

OH MY HECK I JUST WROTE OVER THE SAVE STATE FOR MY CURRENT CHAPTER IN AN OLDER SAVE STATE NOOOO

F

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Sooo... what’s the point of ever deploying Merlinus when he takes up a deployment slot?

I THINK if you don't deploy him, you'll have to throw items away if you get a new one while your inventory is full.
I could be wrong though, since I played FE6 a grand total of one time.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

F

I THINK if you don't deploy him, you'll have to throw items away if you get a new one while your inventory is full.
I could be wrong though, since I played FE6 a grand total of one time.

No you get to keep them.

Okay but... it was at the very end of the last chapter and Lilina just procced speed so... worth it

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, I see!
Then... what IS the point of bringing Merlinus? XD

Convoy access? Meat shield (since he will never die)? Dodge tank if you bother to level him up as frustrating it could be?

I think the one i have clearest in my memory is in PoR where in a chapter i had super good lvlups all around, almost saving my rng screwed ike since he got like 2 super lvlups in a row...

then on the last turn of the map i had a brain fart and sent Soren to suicide lmao

And on retry...

yeah, RNG screwage all around xD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I think the one i have clearest in my memory is in PoR where in a chapter i had super good lvlups all around, almost saving my rng screwed ike since he got like 2 super lvlups in a row...

then on the last turn of the map i had a brain fart and sent Soren to suicide lmao

And on retry...

yeah, RNG screwage all around xD

Oof. XD

But yeah, that is very relatable.
It's to the point where I usually panic whenever I see a good level up. XD