Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I would just like to add it could be playstyles. Like i usually like to use reliable units more than anything, hence in usual FE fighters and the like aren't my thing at all

That's true. I've always made a point to challenge myself by using the more "less-than-adequate" units and avoiding the likes of Seth, so perhaps my standards have become a bit lower than yours.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I would say so far Berwick is on the upper half of FEs imo (just below FE5), but there are just some really frustrating design descisions keeping it from being truely great imo, but i will go in detail when i finish the game, and maybe 2nd half of the game will change my mind on them 😉

Fair enough. I'm glad you're liking it outside of certain design choices, at least!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

especially since i am one of those who think FE5 is on the easier side most of the time after the manster arc.

I mean, FE5's difficulty stems mostly from surprising the player with those wonderful, wonderful Kaga moments. It's why everyone who loves the game says that it gets better on replays. When you aren't busy getting screwed over by the game, the poor enemy quality becomes apparent.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Only time i found 3H easy was when i was playing Blue Lions, because every unit of theirs was so op haha

To be fair, the only 3H run I completed was Blue Lions.

...Then again, the reason I didn't complete my Crimson Flower run was that I got so bored that I quit so I could play more Sun God's Wrath, so... Meh.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I love 3H but i don't want another 3H xD

Pretty sure it's the best-selling FE, at least in recent times, so... It may just be what we get. Keep your expectations in check.

As for me, I really doubt I'll buy the next FE at launch, no matter what it is. Last time I did that was with 3H, and that proved to be a mistake. Give it a week or two so I can ascertain if it's my kind of FE, then we'll talk.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

42 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Without aim she will have ~50 hit early game, which is blind in my books, considering i was able to consistly get ~80 hit in ch1 with almost everyone.

Iron Crossbow already has 70% hit by itself. That's 78% hit at base. Not exactly fantastic, but I don't think many enemies in chapter 1 have anywhere close to 28 avoid.
Honestly, besides Ward she is the most accurate of the Sinon Knights early on. Characters at that point generally only have access to weapons with up to 60% hit.

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've always made a point to challenge myself by using the more "less-than-adequate" units and avoiding the likes of Seth

Seth, Jagen and the like i don't  like to use, either. Early prepromotes should be more like Eyvel, Felicia and Sothe imo.

The units i like to use the most are the ones like Dean, Faye, Sylvis and Larentia. Strong, but not so strong as to trivilize the game, and have quite a few weakness, namely in the def department.

For est units Sarah from FE5 would always be the best example imo.

FE5's difficulty stems mostly from surprising the player with those wonderful, wonderful Kaga moments.

True. Although most Kaga moments do appear late game tbf. Manster arc is exemplary in it's gameplay design, imo.

Pretty sure it's the best-selling FE, at least in recent times, so... It may just be what we get. Keep your expectations in check.

I mean, Fates was the best selling yet they backpedalled alot from it, so i have some hope!

30 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Honestly, besides Ward she is the most accurate of the Sinon Knights early on.

Supporter + commander help alot early game. Desperation Dean, too!

30 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Iron Crossbow already has 70% hit by itself

Correct me if i am wrong, but doesn't Christine come with a bowgun? And you don't get acess to iron Crossvow until ch2 or Sylvis, who had already won my heart back then?

Edited by Shrimperor

51 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Correct me if i am wrong, but doesn't Christine come with a bowgun? And you don't get acess to iron Crossvow until ch2 or Sylvis, who had already won my heart back then?

Christine comes with an Iron Crossbow, 20 Iron Arrows and a Bag with 4 Vulneraries.

Sylvis comes with a Composite Bow, 20 Steel Arrow+ and an empty Bag.

Edited by BrightBow

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'd rather weaker characters get buffed than stronger characters getting nerfed.

And it's also better to nerf specific moves rather than the whole kit. 

But as was mentioned above, we're at 80 characters now and counting. Largest roster in any fighting game. Balancing it ain't gonna be easy.

But at the end of the day, the competitive side of Smash is like 1% of all players.

Maybe, but in Pika's special case, I'd rather see him get dropped to around mid---mid-low.

Again, certain things are to good to ignore. (I.E Quick Attack. Absurd I frames and goes pretty much full stage with great flexibility? He could stand to lose one of these, as those combined make it busted. Its not that hard to figure out.

They arent even trying at this point. Something they dont realise about Ultimate... speed dominates. Slow characters are always going to be SoL because rushdown is waaaaay to good.

There's a reason faster characters are almost always complained about. See Sonic. Playing as Incineroar chasing Sonic is probably not fun at all. They need to design them with weaknesses. Noticable ones.

Making silly changes like a 1 BKB increase is a total waste and not going to help a character at all. 

Making subtle changes doesnt take long, trust me, I've done it. Like increase KBG by 10-20 on attacks that should kill decently but dont because balance.

Edited by lightcosmo

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Christine comes with an Iron Crossbow, 20 Iron Arrows and a Bag with 4 Vulneraries.

Sylvis comes with a Composite Bow, 20 Steel Arrow+ and an empty Bag.

Huh

I guess the main reason i prefered Sylvis was Bow accuracy then

Also, welcome to our little thread 😄

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

F

I love rain, it makes it easy to focus and it's relaxing to boot... but not when I have to walk around in it. XD

It let up

Right as i am taking the bus home xD

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Maybe, but in Pika's special case, I'd rather see him get dropped to around mid---mid-low.

Man that's quite some hate xD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Man that's quite some hate xD

...have you seen Pika's Smash career?

Smash 64: top tier number 1.

Melee: mid high tier

Brawl: high tier

Smash 4: high tier

Smash U: top tier number 1

I think it's time for the rodent to take a back seat to someone else.

They could intentionally overpower someone else, too! XD

Edited by lightcosmo

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I have xD

Also early ultimate he was overshadowed by pichu, before pichu got the hammer xD

Nah, people just didn't realise his potential. He was always and always will be- busted. Unless they nerf him! 

Yes, making characters better is nice, but some characters just wont stack up to characters that are better. And putting them on the same level only inflates the game, which Is also bad. 

Nerfing is sometimes necessary too.

Another thing that bothers me: if a character like Ike is considered "boring" to play because he has 1 good attack. Why dont they address that issue? 

Hes a simple nair bot, which isnt fun to play or watch.

The game might be balanced decently well, but alot of the cast is "boring" to play as. They need to strive for both.

Edited by lightcosmo

Seen the balance changes. Surprise surprise, dissapointment ensues. Again.

And to me: a hardcore competitive Smash player, balance is kinda important. But they won't ever do that so I suppose hoping for it is silly. XD

Edited by lightcosmo

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Benice @Saint Rubenio I take back what i said about Christine being burden, since i was wrong, after all xD

It's all right. I can never win an argument against @BrightBow either.

Now we just need to make you see Sherlock's potential!

Started playing some FEW after talking about in another thread. 

It feels alot... easier than HW. Maybe it's just me. 

The game is still good, i cant deny that, fun relaxing gameplay where i dont stress after 500+ deaths, since that really cant ever happen.

Right now Lucina is my highest level (surprising, I know) at 113, almost maxed I'm pretty sure. 

Trying to complete the DLC maps is gonna take a while. XD

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Started playing some FEW after talking about in another thread. 

It feels alot... easier than HW. Maybe it's just me. 

The game is still good, i cant deny that, fun relaxing gameplay where i dont stress after 500+ deaths, since that really cant ever happen.

Right now Lucina is my highest level (surprising, I know) at 113, almost maxed I'm pretty sure. 

Trying to complete the DLC maps is gonna take a while. XD

Ahh, Warriors. It's a game that has piqued my curiosity before, but there's exactly 4 characters I like in it, so I gave it a pass.

I'm still waiting for Fire Emblem Warriors 2: More Than Two Games and A Handful Of Archanean Characters Edition. Not exactly the catchiest name in the world, I know.