Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

So, anyone remember that IkexSamus fanfiction @Shrimperor discovered? Turned out awfully prophetic. See years ago, I bought my second hand copy of Path of Radiance (boxed, manual intact etc) from a second hand game store for the equivalent of $43 US (noting this was after Awakening and Fates released and that I'm converting my currency to US because it leaves the mystery of where I am). Here we are... a few years down the line and I visit. Copy of Metroid Zero Mission sitting there. Boxed and manual intact. Same price. Did I snap it up despite having a digital copy? You bet I did.

Anyway, seeing the spectacular coincidence of me finding two rare and sought after games in said store at that price like so makes me wonder if we can repeat the magic. Can someone try to dig up a fanfic involving Sonia Belmont from Castlevania Legends and Sabre-man from Sabrewulf?

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

because it leaves the mystery of where I am

What do you mean? It is obvious where you are: Wellt Island, Lieberia.

1 minute ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Anyway, seeing the spectacular coincidence of me finding two rare and sought after games in said store at that price like so makes me wonder if we can repeat the magic. Can someone try to dig up a fanfic involving Sonia Belmont from Castlevania Legends and Sabre-man from Sabrewulf?

...How about I instead write a Berwick Saga fanfic? That way you can have Berwick Saga!

Serenes stop deleting my saved post pls thx

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's all right. I can never win an argument against @BrightBow either

Is he considered the Berwick Master or something? xD

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm still waiting for Fire Emblem Warriors 2: More Than Two Games and A Handful Of Archanean Characters Edition. Not exactly the catchiest name in the world, I know.

Gimme Tellius, 3H and Jugdral cast and i am in. Despite not being a fan of warriors gameplay, i would love to see those characters interact

3 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Can someone try to dig up a fanfic involving Sonia Belmont from Castlevania Legends and Sabre-man from Sabrewulf?

check ff.net and Ao3, maybe you will find some? xD

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, Warriors. It's a game that has piqued my curiosity before, but there's exactly 4 characters I like in it, so I gave it a pass.

I'm still waiting for Fire Emblem Warriors 2: More Than Two Games and A Handful Of Archanean Characters Edition. Not exactly the catchiest name in the world, I know.

Oof, sorry to hear that. Hmmm, if Lucina wasnt there, I probably wouldnt play it, TBH. So I know how you feel. 

I just needed something fun that doesnt make me want to blow the volcano in frustration.

It's actually: Fire Emblem Warriors: Fates edition! 😉

PSA for anyone willing to try Etrian Odyssey:
Do.
Not.
Use.
A.
Ronin.

That class is like, straight up terrible.
Terrible HP, terrible TP efficiency, way too much setup required to be useful when other classes can access their best attacking skills immediately without having to go into a stance first, and despite being a front-line class, they have the survivability of a crippled cow in a cage full of starving tigers.
Their damage output with their skills might be higher than some other classes, but the risk involved is really not worth the reward.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, Shrimperor said:

>Pikachu: made it easier to hate multipe enemies

No wonder cosmo was angry at the patch haha

His fair ass boxes! Isnt that enough for the thing? If you dont know what an ass box is: its hitting from behind you with an attack that really shouldnt. 

Right, it also kills, cant forget that!

Is there a meme of hating Pika? If not, there should be.

RagePikaihateyouwhysmash2020stupidrodent

There Shrimpy, does that make you feel better? 

I dont actually feel that way, but its humorous, so why not.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

btw draggy, who is that character you using as pfp?

It's the Fate version Elizabeth Bathory as a witch, because that's apparently a thing that exists (?)
I thought it was appropriate for Halloween. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Is he considered the Berwick Master or something? xD

In my LP thread? Absolutely.

...Though I will mantain Owen is the best Berwick healer till the day I die. He argues for Izerna. Psch...!

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Gimme Tellius, 3H and Jugdral cast and i am in. Despite not being a fan of warriors gameplay, i would love to see those characters interact

Perhaps it's asking for too much, but... Even if they have to limit the number of characters per game to like 4 or 5, I'd just like them to throw every single game in there. That way there's a little bit for everyone!

The problem with Warriors is that it's 7 characters from Archanea (counting Celica), 1 character from Elibe, nothing from Tellius, Jugdral and Magvel, and then 21 from Fatesawakening (counting Robin and Corrin as one character). It's so unbalanced that, unless you're a Fatesawakening fan, you're out of luck.

And I'm the lucky one - I could at least manage with the Archanean cast (except Navarre, 'cause fuck Navarre). But I think picking up a game of this nature to only have 4 characters I like to play as is just... meeehhhh.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

huh, interesting

Looking it up, it's apparently a Grand Order thing.
... One thing these gachas do well is that they spark a huge amount of good fanart. XD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

and it fits!

Thanks! ^^

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Morning everyone. waves

Good morning~!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Btw, I really like that new pfp @DragonFlames. Very nice!

Thank you! ^^
Here's the full picture:
ZHOidpB.jpg

I think it looks good, so I thought 'why the heck not?'

...Though I will mantain Owen is the best Berwick healer till the day I die. He argues for Izerna. Psch...!

Izerna's blessing helps a bit in tough maps ngl, not to mention her prf healing crippling is pretty good, so i am with him on that one xD

The problem with Warriors is that it's 7 characters from Archanea (counting Celica), 1 character from Elibe, nothing from Tellius, Jugdral and Magvel, and then 21 from Fatesawakening (counting Robin and Corrin as one character). It's so unbalanced that, unless you're a Fatesawakening fan, you're out of luck.

yup, main reason i didn't get it, especially since when it comes to characters those in FEW weren't exactly high on my list (especially fatesawakening)

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

ZHOidpB.jpg

ngl it doesn't even look like her haha

Still looks super good though!

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

...why Shrimpy? Just why? 

It's one of my most used emoji, so...

xD

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Izerna's blessing helps a bit in tough maps ngl, not to mention her prf healing crippling is pretty good, so i am with him on that one xD

How dare you, I'll kill you!

...Not him, though. He's the reason I crafted the Rossweisse. Never would've realized how good it is without his advice.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also Dragonflames nice new pfp!

Thanks, thanks! ^^

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ngl it doesn't even look like her haha

True! If it wasn't in the name of the picture, I probably wouldn't have recognized her, either. XD

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Still looks super good though!

I agree!

Originally, I wanted to use Hilda (the Stella Glow one), but... with the way she's dressed in her regular state... well... XD

Edited by DragonFlames

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What do you mean? It is obvious where you are: Wellt Island, Lieberia.

...How about I instead write a Berwick Saga fanfic? That way you can have Berwick Saga!

Wait. You're already doing a Berwick fanfic with Arran in your LP. I can win both New Mystery of the Emblem and Berwick Saga. Then I can keep them with the copy of Mother 3 I have but can't read the text in but have played through anyway. Perfect.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, Warriors. It's a game that has piqued my curiosity before, but there's exactly 4 characters I like in it, so I gave it a pass.

Funny enough, having recently been working on it while I'm working myself back up to continue my LP (I bought the Shadow Dragon DLC), I happened across the oddest support conversation where Hinkoka from Fates actually gets upset with Navarre for letting a defeated foe escape. The only time I didn't think he was trying too hard to be edgy in any of his supports.

I've also found out there was a canonical explanation posited in one of Linde's supports that explained the Aura tome was gender locked by Miloah to stop Gharnef claiming it when he killed him. Personally I prefer my explanation and the fan-art that accompanied it.

Of final note, in her dual special, Anna uses a wooden tank. I'm Tear-ring up at the thought of it.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Wa-hey, new title!

Good day, everyone! *waves*

Also, it seems I missed some stuff while I was off in dreamland.

So, what's Kirby been up to since Star Allies?

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Perhaps it's asking for too much, but... Even if they have to limit the number of characters per game to like 4 or 5, I'd just like them to throw every single game in there. That way there's a little bit for everyone!

And I'm the lucky one - I could at least manage with the Archanean cast (except Navarre, 'cause fuck Navarre). But I think picking up a game of this nature to only have 4 characters I like to play as is just... meeehhhh.

I personally count Anna into the Archanea cast... even if she's the one native to this region. I mean, she gets her PRF in the Archanea DLC. So do the twins, Lyn and Celica for some reason. But my point is, Anna debuted in an Archanea game.

You can kind of tell my Archanea bias when you consider Marth, Caeda, Tiki, Minerva, Linde and Anna are all sitting at level 129 (a tie for my highest leve and only 21 away from cappingl) with every crest made and prf weapons fully completed. Whereas anyone else is between 80 to 101. Anyone want to take a guess at the lowest and highest there?