Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah you are 100% missing the event. No way you are getting it blind

There is a hint. And should be not one to miss especially if you know how FE operates.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I read things like this a lot.

What’s so horribly wrong with 2x? What makes it a boring slog? Lay it on me!

It's just the game's first FoW fight. As far as FoW goes, FE5 has a lot worse, this one is before Thracia removes the kid gloves, and it is rather big without a ton of stuff in it. So I guess thats the problem. I didn't mind it myself.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

''Hint'' more like one of Kaga's most cryptic things ever

Unless the new translation changed some stuff

Spoiler

At the beginning of 12x, or the end of 12, I forgot where, if Lara is still alive she'll have a talk with Leif about how Pahn/Perne isn't a bad man and stuff.

Anyone familiar with FE should know this is the game telling you "Hey, maybe you should have this character talk to that other character". It's far from cryptic.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

This is why I use guides!

Anyway, chapter 20 looks fun- hard, but not unfair. I see no stairs or forts anywhere so hmmm

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
Spoiler

At the beginning of 12x, or the end of 12, I forgot where, if Lara is still alive she'll have a talk with Leif about how Pahn/Perne isn't a bad man and stuff.

Spoiler

Doesn't that like only happen if you decide to deploy her? I honestly don't remember

Not to mention if you didn't clear the chapter before it fast enough or don't capture Salem/ have a warp stuff that event is 100% not happening

Edited by Shrimperor

are you going to split save?

Yep!

Nice. Oh well, that'll make super whatever her name is all the more legendary!

@Sooks1016, 2x sucks because enemies are not threatening, it is super long, (You basically walk in a bunch of circles until you reach the sieze point) there is Thracia fog, and there is no variety of enemies.

Hide contents

Doesn't that like only happen if you decide to deploy her? I honestly don't remember

Not to mention if you didn't clear the chapter before it enough or don't have a warp stuff that event is 100% not happening

Spoiler

I think so. Either way, it's a chapter with chests and stuff. Unless you're sending only Lifis, Lara is bound to be deployed.

Okay, went to check. At least in the old translation, she outright says it.

Lara:
“Lord Leaf, please let me speak with him. I need to talk to him!”

I'm pretty sure so long he's alive Lara can talk to him just fine. No need to Warp skip it. Unless you are also aiming to recruit Trude. Or get Tina before she uses up her staffs.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Acacia Sgt 

Hide contents

The cryptic part was the Salem part iirc, not Lara. You have to capture him (and not release him) to get access to 11x

Spoiler

No, there's no need. Capturing him is for recruiting him. But Getting to 12x only requires doing it in under 20 turns.

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

Mayve Fates RN, then? 2rn above 50, 1rn below?

Yeah, that could work. 

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Or maybe make enemies stronger.

If enemy scaling were increased, imagine the hell that would be C22. No thank you. 

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
Spoiler

I think so. Either way, it's a chapter with chests and stuff. Unless you're sending only Lifis, Lara is bound to be deployed.

Spoiler

It's also a fog map. Well, it makes sense to have one of your thieves there due to sight anyway, but that does't mean Lara will be deployed, as the player doesn't see the chests.

Also Fatigue could lean to player completely missing the event

43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And it also has objective variety, something most FE suck at. Even the FEs with alot of objective variety have less variety than first quarter of VC4

As someone who's considered looking into VC, how do you recommend going about it?

And what mad variety is there with objectives?

Saias with now 20 Leadership stars!

He's probably gonna kick my Saiass anyways...

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

maxresdefault.jpg

It's not particularly hard, but you move at a snail's pace.

If you have Thracia open right now, if you high enter, I believe it shows a  pop-up view of the whole map. That may be a more effective way of showing the map, if you wanna show Sooks what suffering looks like.

Hide contents

It's also a fog map. Well, it makes sense to have one of your thieves there due to sight anyway, but that does't mean Lara will be deployed, as the player doesn't see the chests.

Also Fatigue could lean to player completely missing the event

Spoiler

It's an indoors map. By that point, if you're not expecting doors and/or chests, do you even FE?

Maybe, but unless you deployed her in 12 itself, she'll be good to go. If not, surely you're bound to have at least one S Drink around. Though I forgot, can they be used in the preparations screen?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Benice said:

If you have Thracia open right now, if you high enter, I believe it shows a  pop-up view of the whole map. That may be a more effective way of showing the map, if you wanna show Sooks what suffering looks like.

I don't. That's a screenshot I found online, but here's another pic of it.

map2x.png

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's an indoors map. By that point, if you're not expecting doors and/or chests, do you even FE?

Maybe, but unless you deployed her in 12 itself, she'll be good to go. If not, surely you're bound to have at least one S Drink around. Though I forgot, can they be used in the preparations screen?

On that question, you can leave it on the unit, then select them to deploy and it'll allow you to use them.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

As someone who's considered looking into VC, how do you recommend going about it?

Either VC1 or VC4. Both are completely fine starting points! Although VC1 is cheaper so you might get that first. There's also a VC4 demo for consoles iirc.

VC1 has better Story & Characters, while VC4 has much much better and more balanced Gameplay.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And what mad variety is there with objectives?

you shall see xD

Like one of the earlier maps has the following:

• seize 4 enemy bases
  • Defend them for 4 turns after seizing them

So you have a seize + defend mission in one. And that's early on.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Do you insta deploy all your thieves or something? Usually 1 is enough. If you decide to deploy Lifis instead of Lara you're out of luck

Edited by Shrimperor

Hide contents

Do you insta deploy all your thieves or something? Usually 1 is enough. If you decide to deploy Lifis instead of Lara you're out of luck

Spoiler

You said it: It's FoW. Might as well deploy both.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wish Mia had reallllly absurd stats to show offer her potential, because she deserves them after all you went through to get her. If X2 brings back all/most/some of the first game's playables, I think Mia deserves a chance to really shine there in an AfM or something.

She should've at least been Lv.50 be default. Getting her there is no issue but the boss you fight to get her is higher-leveled than she is, not to mention the Ganglion Antropolis just being a very deadly location in general.

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

No way you are getting it blind

Thracia be like.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Either VC1 or VC4. Both are completely fine starting points! Although VC1 is cheaper so you might get that first. There's also a VC4 demo for consoles iirc.

Also worth noting that both games happen at the same time so if you're into that sort of story telling, then you have something to look forward to.

But yeah, i also recommend starting with VC1 first. Which reminds me, i still need to finish it. I shouldn't have neglected my Lancers.