Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

If you found some guy in a field, would you get in their car and let them drive you anywhere they wanted to?

If that guy became my friend, saved my life multiple times, and saved the lives of innocents then sure. Let’s go get some Five Guys or something.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I once forced myself to keep playing what used to be my fav. Series even though i wasn't enjoying the games

look where i am now

I sometimes shed a tear because i want the series i loved back

F

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE with regards to fanservice be like.

Spittin' straight facts here.

Just now, Sooks said:

If that guy became my friend, saved my life multiple times, and saved the lives of innocents then sure. Let’s go get some Five Guys or something.

It's more that female characters tend to get unfairly criticized for similar flaws that male characters possess.

Oh, and Five Guys? Best burgers and fries. Hands down.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Best boy who is currently missing in action after a certain tactician assumed the boss who had been seen moving would not move.

...I hate that tactician, seriously. What a jerk he is.

RIP, no Pursuit for you!

Well, until ch. 14 but hush, you like that character so they'll die.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am pretty sure you can get your 500$ back since alot of people are searching for switches atm 😛

Eh, If nothing else that interests me, I'll probably just give it away. I don't really need that 500$ anyways.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If that guy became my friend, saved my life multiple times, and saved the lives of innocents then sure.

But he had no reason to be a tactician in the first place...

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Let’s go get some Five Guys or something.

Harem building with the avatar?

Well, I'd imagine a lot of that also has to do with Awakening being the first exposure many people had with Eirika. And they portrayed Eirika as a short-tempered brute with the intelligence of a pebble.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's more that female characters tend to get unfairly criticized for similar flaws that male characters possess.

More like Kaga and IS can't write good Female Leads.

Outside of FE, alot of my fav. MCs are female, but when it comes to FE i am at most meh with them (except Edelgard who i like, but more as an Antagonist).

The one i came closest to liking is Miccy, but then she had to follow that dude Pellas blindly

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Pls. Atleast they dialed it back alot with Echoes and 3H.

I want it all gone. All of it. Give women pants, scars and muscles. Oh, and I want all the men to look like Hanneman. Then only four people will buy the game, and all four of them will be me. But I'll be happy.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Trails went from a cast with very strong female characters, including the MC herself to girls being just part of a harem checklist. And the last game (not released in english yet) has a VR mode that makes the most fanservicey of games look actually tame.

I don't actually mind service much, but in some games they just don't fit (that also includes FE) and annoy me becaue they just take me out of the game.

How i feel about current Trails is how FE fans would've felt like of Echoes and 3H were Fates 2.0/3.0 when it comes to all the stuff the fanbase hates.

I see... I can't say I know much about Trails, but that sounds unfortunate. Well... I might know something, but I'm afraid I'll pull another Valkyria Profile oopsie. Okay... Here goes. I heard this in TLP and I liked it. Please tell me this is related in any way.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

More like Kaga and IS can't write good Female Leads.

T I A N N A

I know, she's kinda not a lead, but she's awesome so she counts in my heart.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Although at this point, even if they would return to the aesthetic and themes of Fire Emblem... these games are just so damn mediocre. Not sure how I could go back to this after Berwick.

Well, not like that's ever gonna happen anyway.

Edited by BrightBow

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I see... I can't say I know much about Trails, but that sounds unfortunate. Well... I might know something, but I'm afraid I'll pull another Valkyria Profile oopsie. Okay... Here goes. I heard this in TLP and I liked it. Please tell me this is related in any way.

SILVER WILL!

:EarGasm:

The boss where that Track plays :gasm:

I still remember how i barely scraped by after 25 minutes....

In the Sky Trilogy that Track (and it's arrange) only plays for the hardest of fights. Such a feeling.

Lyrical version is the opening of Trails in the Sky Second Chapter

❤️

Thanks for bringing back that beautiful memory!

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One of the best songs ever made. Period.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

So basically a marketing gag that's inconsequential to the story?

No. Not in the slightest.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, and Steak n Shake? Best burgers and fries. Hands down.

Yeah, i agree Steak N Shake is great.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Eh, If nothing else that interests me, I'll probably just give it away. I don't really need that 500$ anyways.

This is the part where I shill Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for the Nintendo Switch, released on December 1st, 2017 worldwide. 

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Outside of FE, alot of my fav. MCs are female

Same.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is the part where I shill Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for the Nintendo Switch, released on December 1st, 2017 worldwide. 

We'll see. Normally I'd go for it, but seeing as it'll cost 100-90 dollars for a type of game I've never tried before...

Although tbh the only two games I think I'd get for sure are a Skyward Sword remake and BotW 2.

Edited by Benice

The Arrange.

This Track plays when

Sky 3rd Major Spoilers

Spoiler

You fight the Father of the MC of the first 2 games.

One of the best fights in the series ❤️

Then again, Sky 3rd has like almost all of my fav. Boss fights ever genre wide.

Edited by Shrimperor

The fancy spin on Lyon, as I heard one person put it, is this.

• Eirika- Lyon yet lives, I must save him.
  • Ephraim- Lyon is dead, I must kill him to save his body from further desecration.

After the dance with Gorgon Eggs...

• Eirika- Lyon really is dead, I'll stop his body desecration.
  • Ephraim- Lyon yet lives, I'll stop he who is my friend, not the Demon King pretending to be my friend.

They flip their perspectives. Both are driven by emotion, Eirika is naive so she hands it over, Ephraim rushes alone into the stone smash because he really doesn't like the idea of his friend's body being used a puppet.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pain in the ananas: etymology maps | News | theguardian.com

I still chuckle at this.

The Hispanosphere(?) shares in the Anglosphere in using an "inaccurate" name, yay! Look beyond Europe, and it shouldn't be so bad, considering thats two of the big three European postcolonial "-ospheres", although I could see Latin American nations using indigenous words instead of what Iberia uses.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Anyway here's pretty pictures of Tantal in clear weather, which given the nature of the area is something that rarely happens.

IMG_20201113_114540.jpg?width=768&height

I was wondering for a moment "how does Tantal have sunsets?", only to remember Titans can have holes. Though this is a little confusing with one plot point.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, and Five Guys? Best burgers and fries. Hands down.

Seconded! Buy me a peanut butter milkshake with it, and were I Chrom, I'd instantly enfeoff Robin as Duke of Importantia.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

SILVER WILL!

:EarGasm:

I didn't know the name when I first heard it, but... Yeah, eargasm is right.

The boss where that Track plays :gasm:

I still remember how i barely won after 25 minutes....

All I remember is this divine lightning shall pierce the skies

Thanks for bringing back that beautiful memory!

You're welcome! Thank you for the version with lyrics. Very nice.

...Such divine music shall pierce my ears.

Sorry sorry... I just love that line too much not to use it everywhere. I also unironically really like TLP. Am I the only one? I'm not, am I...? Please?

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Although at this point, even if they would return to the aesthetic and themes of Fire Emblem... these games are just so damn mediocre. Not sure how I could go back to this after Berwick.

Well, not like that's ever gonna happen anyway.

I managed it. Somehow.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'd say Lucina is a well-written female protagonist. Certainly as good as characters like Marth and Ike.

I... I know absolutely nothing about Lucina, actually. Awakening is probably the game in the series I'm the least familiar with. I know... next to nothing about it. There's a gal who commits suicide, but she returns I think, somehow...? And everybody hates it, or they don't, I'm not entirely sure.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

We'll see. Normally I'd go for it, but seeing as it'll cost 100-90 dollars for a type of game I've never tried before...

Although tbh the only two games I think I'd get for sure are a Skyward Sword remake and BotW 2.

Get Luigi's Mansion 3. It's awesome because Luigi is in it, and because I said so.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The Arrange.

Ohh, I've heard this version too! Pretty damn amazing. I've got to thank Blazer for his taste in music, if nothing else. So many of the pieces in TLP are godlike.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The fancy spin on Lyon, as I heard one person put it, is this.

• Eirika- Lyon yet lives, I must save him.
  • Ephraim- Lyon is dead, I must kill him to save his body from further desecration.

After the dance with Gorgon Eggs...

• Eirika- Lyon really is dead, I'll stop his body desecration.
  • Ephraim- Lyon yet lives, I'll stop he who is my friend, not the Demon King pretending to be my friend.

They flip their perspectives.

Oh wow. That's actually rather brilliant, and I never realized it. Thanks.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I... I know absolutely nothing about Lucina, actually. Awakening is probably the game in the series I'm the least familiar with. I know... next to nothing about it. There's a gal who commits suicide, but she returns I think, somehow...? And everybody hates it, or they don't, I'm not entirely sure.

Uh...that's one of the game's weaker plot points, yeah. Makes her supposed death meaningless, really.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

No. I'm talking about Awakening, where her role in the story is central.

No, it's not. Once she served her purpose on cashing in on Mystery of the Emblem's popularity, she is just this little thing to feel sorry for that exists mostly in the background.

Anyway, the only Amiibo characters worth anything in Code Name S.T.E.A.M. are Lucina and Ike. They both can do some fun unique stuff.
Now everyone will agree that Ike is underpowered. Still, Ragnell has some unique properties that can make him pretty fun to use. And the rest of his skills are fairly flexible. So he can contribute in a lot of different teams.