Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

This reminds me how last year... or was it two years ago? Anyway, I got like three-four ear infections practically in a row. With only weeks between each one. There was a real threat it would turn chronic, and about possibly requiring sending a sample to a lab to check if they had gone antibiotic-resistant.

Fortunately... that didn't came to pass. Been infection free ever since... thankfully... but not before the last one also affected my eye, which hurt like nothing else... and very likely was what caused the astigmatism...

... got the last laugh, that it did...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This reminds me how last year... or was it two years ago? Anyway, I got like three-four ear infections practically in a row. With only weeks between each one. There was a real threat it would turn chronic, and about possibly requiring sending a sample to a lab to check if they had gone antibiotic-resistant.

Fortunately... that didn't came to pass. Been infection free ever since... thankfully... but not before the last one also affected my eye, which hurt like nothing else... and very likely was what caused the astigmatism...

... got the last laugh, that it did...

I can't help but wince a bit at the thought of that. Last time I had an eye infection, I literally had to wear an eye-patch for a couple weeks while it healed. If it left lasting damage, I imagine it was quite a bit worse.

Just now, The Roger The Paladin said:

I can't help but wince a bit at the thought of that. Last time I had an eye infection, I literally had to wear an eye-patch for a couple weeks while it healed. If it left lasting damage, I imagine it was quite a bit worse.

It wasn't an eye infection. I mean, it could've possibly been a coincidence, but the fact was that the second to last ear infection I had my eye and the upper cheek area below it were aching so much. No visible thing. Just, lots of pain. And the pain went away as the ear infection did. So it did something. Not externally, but it did, considering the astigmatism.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It wasn't an eye infection. I mean, it could've possibly been a coincidence, but the fact was that the second to last ear infection I had my eye and the upper cheek area below it were aching so much. No visible thing. Just, lots of pain. And the pain went away as the ear infection did. So it did something. Not externally, but it did, considering the astigmatism.

I was kind of using my eye infection as a reference point regarding your ear infection... given the closest reference point I could think of that I've experienced.... and what I immediately thought of.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

You know, this whole time I never realized what "Bloody Lobsters" was referencing. And then it hit me.

mqdefault.jpg

If you know, you know.

Bloody Lobsters would have to be one weak band of assassins (I forget VasaraPerceval's Blade Quest). The Blood Lobster wasn't exactly the smartest in their placement of the bombs, who is going to be around on a rooftop or at the edge of an unfinished section of road? The casualties from many of the bombs would be nil. You could argue convincingly that the BL sought terror over deaths, but what is more effective than death in inducing fear? Blood Lobster wasn't exactly sane, and it was supposed to be a "find the hidden objects" quest, so I shouldn't overthink it.

I don’t know if this issue exists on other versions of the game with other buttons, but pressing A to forward text sometimes skipping events is really annoying and doesn’t even make sense.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Huh, sounds like a weird glitch. Never encountered that before, but then I haven't really played much after the 1.4 update. You on PC, right?

I am on switch, actually.

It only happens on certain events though, which is odd. I can’t really make a habit of using X to forward dialogue since you have to use A to initiate conversation and to make choices in dialogue branches.

I guess Y might work...

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm pretty sure he's playing on Switch. I could be wrong though.

Yet you were correct this time!

Y’know Akira toriyama really was the one to not only define the battle shounen genre as we know it but also helped the define jrpgs as we know them because of his work on dragon quest.

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

Y’know Akira toriyama really was the one to not only define the battle shounen genre as we know it but also helped the define jrpgs as we know them because of his work on dragon quest.

What was his work on it beyond the art style that DQ is defined by?

Back to what I was going to post:

Let go your earthly tether,

Enter the void,

Empty and become wind.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Back to what I was going to post:

Let go your earthly tether,

Enter the void,

Empty and become wind.

Oh great, another Guru Laghima fanatic...

>Xenoblade 2

>Unlocks Land of Challenge

>Recruits Shulk and Fiora

>Goes to do the Dino Drama challenge on the easiest Custom difficulty to permanently add Shulk and Fiora to the roster

>Dino Drama doesn't unlock until after the main story is complete

Ah. I see. And I'm going to assume I can't permanently add Elma to the roster until after the main story is done either. This is my fifth playthrough and I'm just now finding out.

Well then. I guess Poppibuster is gonna be my only freely-switchable Blade then. Once the game decides to give me a Giant Megalance Blade that is.

2 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Is Toriyama a factor for that? I know his art is part of Dragon Quest's identity but I feel like Square Enix would've still had to not sell the games on weekdays, even without Toriyama.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is Toriyama a factor for that? I know his art is part of Dragon Quest's identity but I feel like Square Enix would've still had to not sell the games on weekdays, even without Toriyama.

One of DQ Your Story's biggest complains (after the controversial nature of the ending) was that they ditched Toriyama's artstyle. At the least, it would lose part of what makes Dragon Quest Dragon Quest.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

One of DQ Your Story's biggest complains (after the controversial nature of the ending) was that they ditched Toriyama's artstyle. At the least, it would lose part of what makes Dragon Quest Dragon Quest.

That is true but this happened after 30+ years of legacy. The same thing would happen if every single Final Fantasy had Nomura art style but then one day it suddenly didn't.

What I meant was if Toriyama's art style was a big influence when Dragon Quest was just starting out.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That is true but this happened after 30+ years of legacy. The same thing would happen if every single Final Fantasy had Nomura art style but then one day it suddenly didn't.

What I meant was if Toriyama's art style was a big influence when Dragon Quest was just starting out.

Although, FF hasn't always had Nomura.

Well, he was certainly already a well known name, having become quite popular thanks to Dr. Slump, by the time Dragon Quest started.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Although, FF hasn't always had Nomura.

Yes but I was trying to make a hypothetical scenario.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, he was certainly already a well known name, having become quite popular thanks to Dr. Slump, by the time Dragon Quest started.

Yep, and Dragon Ball was already going on for two years. The popularity of Dragon Quest boosted his resume, I'd imagine.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Once the game decides to give me a Giant Megalance Blade that is.

Ah, so I'm not the only one.

I tried to start Kasandra's quest but it seems you can't until you get Zeke, not that it matters since I'm at Indol already. Nim's quest should be available now too unless that also requires Zeke. Besides that, Godfrey just needs level 3 affinity and some Merc Missions, Finch needs level 5 affinity (why so high?), and the rest of my Blades (Wulfric, Gorg, Kora) require a later area to be reached.

In other news, I'm surprised by how positively received Sephiroth's inclusion in Smash has been, which is saying something since this is the Smash fanbase we're talking about; he's probably the most well received DLC character since Joker. I guess it's because he was unexpected so people couldn't get tired of talking about him, but he's undeniably an icon so they can't accuse him of being a "literally who" like some other characters. People are also less hung up about Sephiroth being a second FF character or an anime swordsman than I expected them to be, and most are open to getting more characters from existing third party series (though I don't expect any more in this pass, except maybe Chun-Li or something).

We should also appreciate the fact that we live in a world where Sephiroth can engage in a legendary battle with Steve, which is nice. Maybe 2020 wasn't completely bad after all.

Edited by Lightchao42

11 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

In other news, I'm surprised by how positively received Sephiroth's inclusion in Smash has been, which is saying something since this is the Smash fanbase we're talking about; he's probably the most well received DLC character since Joker. I guess it's because he was unexpected so people couldn't get tired of talking about him, but he's undeniably an icon so they can't accuse him of being a "literally who" like some other characters. People are also less hung up about Sephiroth being a second FF character or an anime swordsman than I expected them to be, and most are open to getting more characters from existing third party series (though I don't expect any more in this pass, except maybe Chun-Li or something).

We should also appreciate the fact that we live in a world where Sephiroth can engage in a legendary battle with Steve, which is nice. Maybe 2020 wasn't completely bad after all.

Sephiroth gets a free pass for being the most badass gaming villain to ever grace our T.V screens. Xd

If it were anyone else, people would be grabbing their pitchforks, I guarantee it.

Edited by lightcosmo