Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20210108_121911.jpg

Nobody was gonna take this down.

... I swear, I once had Ike with 100% exactly those stats.
Huh.

Also, @Shrimperor: Congratulations on getting your degree!

51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He doesn’t know why he’s even here anymore.

Me.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Didn't stop someone from later using him as the main character of an entire Apocryphal book, which has him leave his humanity and become the good old angel Megatron.

Good old robo-angel! xD
Seeing Metatron in SMTIV for the first time threw me off hard. Clearly someone took the "meta(l)" and "tron" a little too literally.

and if you wound up with wholly competent or semi-competent liege, things could feel fairly different if you didn't opt to overthrow them.

That is true, though after a while, all rulers will offer you to take over for them anyway. You even get a neat little cutscene when that happens.
I once had Sun Jian entrust his role to me...
and then, just one in-game month later, Sun Ce rebelled against me. Methinks that wasn't a coincidence.

Reading this makes me think I'd show zero creativity and thus that I'd feel like I am not playing the game "right", even if I know there is no right way.

I usually try to make them look like they could be actual playable characters within the series (some joke stuff notwithstanding).
Even my "original" characters all have Chinese names to make them fit in better (unless I recreate someone from a different game series).

But really, like you said, the is no "right" way to do things.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Ey, someone has good taste!

Gotta balance out my garbage taste in nearly everything else somehow. xD

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, but how long has he been in the chamber pot?

The Coffee Shop?

https://www.urthcaffe.com/

Your japes still lie in the wasted red light of the Old Sun.

D56C9961-B411-453D-AD57-87979A31BE27.jpeg

Edited by Wraith

3 hours ago, joevar said:

also, from which game is your pic? i feel like i've seen it but cant remember

Lin, from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (Dark Conflict as it's subtitled in Europe). I've been replaying the game recently, still very fun for me, despite the passing of what will be exactly 13 years since its release come the 21st of this month. The villains might be cartoonish, but I still like the cast, and Lin I think I can say beyond a reasonable doubt is my favorite.

Curiously, considering I brought up the game in the discussion of Awakening in @Alastor15243's topic in the past few days, the Kouhei Maeda who wrote co-wrote and co-directed Awakening, wrote Days of Ruin as well. A little surprising, and amazing how he managed to flub up three arcs in one game vs. making four arcs in another work not so bad. In practically the same number of chapters even. Although, I can't quite say he wrote the Days of Ruin cast I love, if it is the case the Dark Conflict script is closer to the Japanese. Gotta give some credit to Treehouse or whoever localized it in North America then.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

How the hell did you manage to get Ike only 2 speed points? His base is 24, correct?

23 actually. I checked RD Ike's averages, he is a comparatively slow 35%. All the other stats are on the average, barring roughly b/c decimals +1 Mag/Def/Res.

11 minutes ago, Wraith said:

You’re japes still lie in the wasted red light of the Old Sun.

D56C9961-B411-453D-AD57-87979A31BE27.jpeg

No, I reside under the Black Sun.:

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Is it truly black or is it a reflection of your own stained soul?

Well, considering the circumstances that led to the once-normal sun being corrupted into the Black Sun, without going into the spoilery details, you could be right, in a sense. And yes, it is truly black, and let me warn you the side effects of it going black can't be blocked out by sunscreen alone.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

How the hell did you manage to get Ike only 2 speed points? His base is 24, correct?

It is. RD Ike's speed is... not great.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Because you like us and we like you!

That latter part might be true, but I don't know about the first...
Nah, I'm joking. I do like you guys! ^^

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thanks, young Fate-ling!

Np, np! ^^

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Probably not that hard to get.

Possibly! His bases don't leave much wiggle room for too many variations.
Also, keep him away from mages in Part 4. Mages are the bane of his existence.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, considering the circumstances that led to the once-normal sun being corrupted into the Black Sun, without going into the spoilery details, you could be right, in a sense. And yes, it is truly black, and let me warn you the side effects of it going black can't be blocked out by sunscreen alone.

You turn to stone.

Well I know his growth isnt great, but with the Seraph Robe you get in 3-2, he should have gotten much better than that. Assuming you used it on him, but it suits him best I think.

Oh noes! Takumi has used a dragon vein against me! The horror!

Except all of his troops were so far away that the thing has accomplished absolutely nothing. Unless it lasts the rest of the map, it's going to be utterly inconsequential. Good work, Tak.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh noes! Takumi has used a dragon vein against me! The horror!

Except all of his troops were so far away that the thing has accomplished absolutely nothing. Unless it lasts the rest of the map, it's going to be utterly inconsequential. Good work, Tak.

Haha. Yeah. Hahahahahaha.

...good luck.

Well, that was that. There was one really close call because I was an idiot and thought Nyx could survive one attack (she couldn't, damned stances), but I was able to save her by throwing Camilla at the problem; and there was a little panic at the end of the map when two pegasi flew past Effie and headed towards the game over area.

Other than that, smooth sailing for the most part. Effie and Arthur make the best team, tanking one side of the map on their own, no sweat. They're also the first to reach an A support! I think they'll marry. Sure, why not, they're both complete idiots and I love them.

After the map, Takumi showed symptoms of mild possession and ran for the hills. Then we took a ferry even though Takumi drained the sea. Okay.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Without sacrifice, there is no survival....without faith, there is no hope....without Him, whom sits on the Golden Throne on Holy Terra, there is no humanity.

Edited by Wraith

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sometimes I wonder why I brave Serious Discussion, haha...

Same. But I do it anyhow. And knowing that I'm not the only one who does makes it better. Because if you're going to do something stupid, might as well as do it with those you've some or great familiarity with. -Provided the stupid thing doesn't result in the death and or injury of oneself or others, the committing of a crime, or something that could impact your life down the line. Drunk driving midday past a kindergarten playground is strongly condemnable, and it'd hurt your image if you want to be a pediatrician one day.

Part of me wants to reply to that post... but don't dare over what may happen out of it.

Not that the post itself would be anything explicitly bad, other than out-of-topic for the thread. It's mostly just linking this other post in clarification of what was the stated reason over the mentioned banning.

Edited by Acacia Sgt