Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know Berwick Saga's awful snow map that doesn't feel like it belongs in the same game? This right here is this game's equivalent. Holy shit, what an awful, luck-based map. Half the time I was just hoping the enemies would attack Kumagera instead of running past him. I got through in the end, but that was terrible. The AI was so inconsistent, too! One turn everyone except for one enemy ran past Kumagera towards the team... and then they doubled back to attack him. Why!?

And to add insult to injury, the game randomly took one deployment slot away, so Roland had to sit this one out. Thanks a lot, Fates. That was real nice.

Sigh... My only consolation is that the plot finally let someone die, and it couldn't have been someone more deserving. Eat shit and die, Kaden. I hope you and your entire tribe have fun doing your little trick in hell. Fuckin' shitstain...

...Oh, and Flora joined. Whoop de doo.

Now you got the worst out of the way, enjoy the lategame 😄

But yeah Fox Hell is blegh. Feels like they got another Team to do that map or something...

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-snip-

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

-snip-

So basically what i am getting i won't miss much if i start the game now and activate the DLC when i get it, right? Or should i wait a few days instead until i get the DLC?

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Now you got the worst out of the way, enjoy the lategame 😄

Thanks! I probably won't have time to play another chapter today, but I'll get to it tomorrow.

Just now, Sooks said:

Two more chapters @Saint Rubenio and you’re at the best trio of maps in all of fe!

I'll be the judge of that!

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So basically what i am getting i won't miss much if i start the game now and activate the DLC when i get it, right? Or should i wait a few days instead until i get the DLC?

Yeah, you can start now.

Besides, my first run of the game was with no DLC because it wasn't out yet haha.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I'd say Fuga's Wild Ride and Stair wars are great maps as well, but i know not many people like them.

I'd say from after Fox hell until Ryoma is peak FE design

3* I forgot about the stair one.

I love those maps a ton, they just don’t have the same common theme like the three I’m talking about y’know?

@Shrimperor I don´t mean to be nosy, but one or two things when going into XC2,

-) make sure to endure until the end of chapter 3. The game hides at least one major mechanic until then.

-) have a full party. Having a tank, a dd and a healer is very much so relevant.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Half the time I was just hoping the enemies would attack Kumagera instead of running past him. I got through in the end, but that was terrible. The AI was so inconsistent, too! One turn everyone except for one enemy ran past Kumagera towards the team... and then they doubled back to attack him. Why!?

Could they damage him? Fates AI should ignore units they can´t damage, unless they can attack without being retaliated upon.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I love those maps a ton, they just don’t have the same common theme like the three I’m talking about y’know?

Yeah those three are amazing

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, you can start now.

Besides, my first run of the game was with no DLC because it wasn't out yet haha.

As you know, i don't replay games much, so i'd like my first run to be as complete as possible, so to say xD

3 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

-) make sure to endure until the end of chapter 3. The game hides at least one major mechanic until then.

I am no stranger to slow games, but thanks^^

Honestly, aslong as the gameplay is as fun as XB1 i am sure i can manage. Hopefullly characters and story are better however as i wasn't a big fan of those in XB1.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Yeah those three are amazing

I meant story wise but that too

Otherwise I’d be talking about how every Conquest map is good except for 3! Oh wait I already do.

Oh yeah @Shrimperor since you wanted a reminder

3 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

make sure to endure until the end of chapter 3. The game hides at least one major mechanic until then.

Honestly, after playing through the game five times, this early portion of the game is balanced around not having full access to your abilities. I can see why it might bother some but I don't think it's that big a deal anymore.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

As you know, i don't replay games much, so i'd like my first run to be as complete as possible, so to say xD

Understandable. Although XB2 post-game is pretty good, especially with the Land of Challenge, so you might be there a while haha. Also you can't get one of the Rare Blades at all until after beating the game (this one has the highest awakening rate).

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hopefullly characters and story are better however as i wasn't a big fan of those in XB1.

Imo Xenoblade 2 improves on both a lot but I'll let you be the judge of your experience.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Thrash drum intensifies

Edited by Dayni

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nice! I like me some post-game especially if i enjoyed the game!

And I know you don't usually replay games but NG+ has a lot of incentive to actually do it. You don't have to if you don't want to but it's worth it to do if you choose.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I like Endgame xD

Makes my brain melt yeah, but in a nice way

Even if Lunatic approaches bullshit territory with the Maids there

It doesn’t let you save and thinks being insanely punishing is a great combination with that. :lucino:

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

It doesn’t let you save and thinks being insanely punishing is a great combination with that. :lucino:

Ok yeah the no saving part is bs but at the same time the map before you can do in like 5 minutes XD

Just install the fan patch that allows saving there, or use save states

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, after playing through the game five times, this early portion of the game is balanced around not having full access to your abilities. I can see why it might bother some but I don't think it's that big a deal anymore.

I only have one complete playthrough under my belt and on my NG+ file I´m only in the Praetorium, but I thought the early bosses had some bullet sponge issues. Then again I also explored the fuck out of the first like 6 titans/continents and had my fair share of run-ins with enemies I was probably not supposed to run into.

I assume you played with the power of NG+ behind you?

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And I know you don't usually replay games but NG+ has a lot of incentive to actually do it.

Thank the devs for BEXP merchants... I hate Tiger!Tiger!

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ok yeah the no saving part is bs but at the same time the map before you can do in like 5 minutes XD

Doesn’t make it any less tedious, though.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Just install the fan patch that allows saving there, or use save states

That would require modding my 3DS.

To me, everything from Ninja Hell onwards was... oof.
Should've probably dropped the game after Ninja Hell in retrospect, but past me was too stubborn.
I know I'm pretty much alone in that, but... Never again. Seriously.
But I learned my lesson. It's why I dropped FE4 and FE5 when I did.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

And I'll be shilling right there with ya.

Yay!

Also, I hope you enjoy XB2, Shrimpy! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

To me, everything from Ninja Hell onwards was... oof.
Should've probably dropped the game after Ninja Hell in retrospect, but past me was too stubborn.
I know I'm pretty much alone in that, but... Never again. Seriously.
But I learned my lesson. It's why I dropped FE4 and FE5 when I did.

I did the same thing with fe1 and fe15!