• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

An open field route map randomly in the mid game? NO! NONONONONONONO!

I had high hopes... Don’t do this again, not after Awakening.....

Edit: It’s a kill boss map. I am big smart.

Edited by Sooks

Fuckin'

Finally.

I defeated Hinata's archer duo. Froze the first turn, then killed enough of his friends to squeeze Shura, Kumagera and Niles through and surround him. Now we can die somewhere else and scream, because I'm not even keeping save states anymore. I'm mad at this point, I want to defeat this map legitimately.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuckin'

Finally.

I defeated Hinata's archer duo. Froze the first turn, then killed enough of his friends to squeeze Shura, Kumagera and Niles through and surround him. Now we can die somewhere else and scream, because I'm not even keeping save states anymore. I'm mad at this point, I want to defeat this map legitimately.

Good mad or bad mad?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Good mad or bad mad?

I guess good mad? The map's not bad, I'm just angry at it because it's difficult. I want to defeat it.

Takumi just shot the archer duo with the ballista. Even the enemies hate those two assholes.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, my class for the day is over. That means I get to die to Hinata's shitty archer duo again. Yay.

The Emperor protects, you can’t fail Rubenio!

I have no idea how everyone's still alive.

There's master duos behind us and a shitton of troops ahead.

Someone help me.

...Oh, and I'm pretty sure Rallyman's there, but like hell am I going to go out of my way to capture him. If the opportunity presents itself, I will, but this is too difficult.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

QuerulousMedicalCaribou-size_restricted.

Tsubame Gaeshi > Excalibur

Speaking of Musashi, Samurai Warriors got you covered.
7a6dbd8645b9ccdb47d1bc85a298d14d.png
The historical Musashi Miyamoto was an actual dual wielder, by the way.
I am not making that up.

As another fun trivia nobody here will care about in the slightest: Kojiro Sasaki in Samurai Warriors is a flamboyant psychopath obsessed with killing, while his Fate incarnation is an honorable swordsman seeking a good challenge.

So uhhhhhhhhh

I guess I'll go have dinner now before I screw something up.

I'm not even halfway through the map and I'm already begging for the sweet release of death. I have no idea how to face the castle part. This is too much, without saves of any kind. Urgh...

It really sucks that Hades is a rougelike because I do enjoy the combat, the music, the story and characters but having to drag my ass all the way through the entire game just to have another attempt at the final boss just isn't fun.

Meanwhile here I am not pained by that map at all.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So uhhhhhhhhh

I guess I'll go have dinner now before I screw something up.

I'm not even halfway through the map and I'm already begging for the sweet release of death. I have no idea how to face the castle part. This is too much, without saves of any kind. Urgh...

PRO TIP: If you have a unit use the stairs to get up the wall, all the enemies will start moving toward them, and those close enough will attack. But, if they use the stairs again (and you don’t have any other units up there) all the enemies will go back to their original spaces. 😉

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

As another fun trivia nobody here will care about in the slightest: Kojiro Sasaki in Samurai Warriors is a flamboyant psychopath obsessed with killing, while his Fate incarnation is an honorable swordsman seeking a good challenge.

But which one was the historical Kojiro Sasaki?

Edited by Sooks

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I see Rubenio is beginning to feel what I felt playing that game.
Only difference is: he actually enjoyed himself.

Not really. I'm not enjoying this map. Too much bullshit coming from all sides, and I'm expected to beat it flawlessly in one sitting? No, thanks. When the three master of arms duos arrived with their multiple effective weapons to invalidate my tanks it started to feel like a cruel joke.

It'd be enough if it ended there, but no! Now I have to beat 10 enemies in one turn so I can get ready for Oboro's onslaught that's sitting right there! I don't know, maybe I'm just too much of a scrub, but I feel they went way overboard with this one.

Just now, Sooks said:

Meanwhile here I am not pained by that map at all.

I guess "throw Xander and Camilla at the map" solves the issue rather handily, but I prefer to have fun with my teams.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I guess "throw Xander and Camilla at the map" solves the issue rather handily, but I prefer to have fun with my teams.

My strategy was using more than one exploitation.... maybe that’s why I was fine....

But anyway, my point was that resetting over a long map didn’t bother me that much. And it took me like five tries.

Edited by Sooks

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Masochism is an uncommon trait indeed. One that I do not possess myself.

585548048923623437.png?v=1

I mean, I'm not trying to say that people can't like or enjoy it.
I'm just saying that I can't see in it what others are apparently able to do. And that is honestly the most frustrating part.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But which one was the historical Kojiro Sasaki?

That's the question, isn't it?
I honestly have no clue!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really. I'm not enjoying this map. Too much bullshit coming from all sides, and I'm expected to beat it flawlessly in one sitting? No, thanks. When the three master of arms duos arrived with their multiple effective weapons to invalidate my tanks it started to feel like a cruel joke.

It'd be enough if it ended there, but no! Now I have to beat 10 enemies in one turn so I can get ready for Oboro's onslaught that's sitting right there! I don't know, maybe I'm just too much of a scrub, but I feel they went way overboard with this one

That about matches up with my own feelings on that map in particular.
Right down to the scrub comment, even.

But you enjoyed previous maps, at the very least.
My last ounce of fun evaporated with Ninja Hell and didn't come back at all.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I mean, I'm not trying to say that people can't like or enjoy it.
I'm just saying that I can't see in it what others are apparently able to do. And that is honestly the most frustrating part.

I getcha. It's understandable. I feel the same way about Conquest...well, and Thracia...

And vanilla FE6.

And FE4.

Yeah. XD

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It'd be enough if it ended there, but no! Now I have to beat 10 enemies in one turn so I can get ready for Oboro's onslaught that's sitting right there! I don't know, maybe I'm just too much of a scrub, but I feel they went way overboard with this one.

This is exactly how I feel about endgame, actually.

But replace Oboro with generic maid.

And replace one sitting with two maps in one sitting...