Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

One thing i have to say i like about this game is the complete removal of RNG bullshit. Instead evasion, crits, etc. are done by conditions. For example some units get evasion by attacking and not killing, others by having 4 more luck than oppossing unit's skill, crits by attacking in a certain way (although i didn't figure out the conditions for that completely yet, the battle forecast does tell you if you fullfil crit condition or not), etc.

SRW moment.

I think, @Acacia Sgt does SRW do something like this?

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Yeah, SRW also employs RNG, but Seishin/Spirits allowing for some modifications to the values.

That said, some games do employ special mechanics. Like in SRW AP, where unit evasion gets halved for every successful dodge. It resets every turn.

The funny thing is, it's conditioned on a loop until it gets sold. I think. Even if you accept to buy, Russia can still refuse in the end. But then, you can get the offer again. In any case...

KwvIA4d.png

qimnLpi.png

In this timeline, it would likely be known as "Max's Folly/Icebox". At least until its riches get discovered, like in OTL.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

sqpQml2.png

Look who got the offer, heh.

Long Mexico?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

qimnLpi.png

In this timeline, it would likely be known as "Max's Folly/Icebox". At least until its riches get discovered, like in OTL.

You considering taking the west coast of British Colombia now?

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You considering taking the west coast of British Colombia now?

Maybe... if I felt like I could take on the British. Who are currently allied with Germany. I'd rather not for now.

Besides, even if I were to take on war against Britain, taking their North American Pacific coastline wouldn't be my first priority. It'd be, I don't know... give Venezuela de Esequibo, give Argentina the Malvinas, something like that...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I've been scheduled for my first dose of vaccine later this week. Registration for all opened early this morning and everything close was booked, so it'll be an hour's drive away. But, the shot is worth the time and mileage.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20210419-121149.png?width=555

Screen_Shot_2019-04-22_at_12.03.08_PM.jp

If you didn't hear, they took down the demo everywhere. Which is like throwing away a barrel of gasoline after the forest has been reduced to ashes. If it weren't for the demo, the game would still have gotten terrible reviews in all likelihood, but some people would've been deceived into buying the game and only afterwards regretting it.

As is, for the week the game released, it failed to reach the top 30 in (physical) sales, meaning less than 2100 copies. It also failed to reach the top 30 in the Japanese and North American Switch eShops. And, it failed to reach the top 40 in the United Kingdom, losing to games that have been out for over 100 weeks. This game was multiplatform, but it's obvious that it flopped hard.

There are a few genuine human fans of the game that think it is unfairly hated. But you also have Metacritic, where bots made weirdly-worded 10/10 reviews for the game- "glitterbombing" might be the term for this.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Now, as someone unfamiliar with English folklore, anything particular you want to mention?

People who went to the Twilight Realm of the Fae would only be there for a few hours, but return to earth and years would have pasted. Elves would kidnap children and leave violent, bloodthirsty Changelings in their place.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As is, for the week the game released, it failed to reach the top 30 in (physical) sales, meaning less than 2100 copies. It also failed to reach the top 30 in the Japanese and North American Switch eShops. And, it failed to reach the top 40 in the United Kingdom, losing to games that have been out for over 100 weeks. This game was multiplatform, but it's obvious that it flopped hard.

I know Avengers PS4 was financially not good for Square Enix but man, that game is a platinum seller in comparison to Balan Wonderworld's sales.

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

People who went to the Twilight Realm of the Fae would only be there for a few hours, but return to earth and years would have pasted. Elves would kidnap children and leave violent, bloodthirsty Changelings in their place.

Bah, Stealing from Irish folklore! Typical.

Not quite on the first one, as the realm where time passes far slower that shows up in the Leinster cycle's Tír na nÓg (which has its ties to death and the afterlife), the second has a fair bit more overlap but it's not like it's unique to the NEAtlantic Isles and the idea of these being spun from older common stories would be unsurprising.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Honestly surprised they did.

I definitely think legacy things (such as maintaining updates) should be kept up longer, but I can live with the end of a storefront, much as continuity with them should be required and an ability to bring forward owned titles more than a polite suggestion.

Course, I'm not mad here.

59 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you didn't hear, they took down the demo everywhere. Which is like throwing away a barrel of gasoline after the forest has been reduced to ashes.

What reduced the forest to ashes in this case? I’ve never heard of this game. Which, judging by how it did, seems to be commonplace?

Hmm...

Take this with a grain of salt? Maybe it needs more...

Salinas: Sal - Guerrero Negro, Baja California Sur

Until I actually see things happening.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

FB_IMG_1618854490696.jpg?width=413&heigh

True.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

What reduced the forest to ashes in this case? I’ve never heard of this game. Which, judging by how it did, seems to be commonplace?

Simply put, it's a nothing game. Literally all the effort went into the animated cutscenes and character design.