Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Where does Sherpa fit into this?

Spoiler

Aegina has a twin sister named Luciana, who both fight for Gulcasa. The twins are Yggdra’s older sisters who were banished for being twins.

Edited by Wraith

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

That's one of my favourite Robert E. Howard Poems. The competition being the Death Song of Conan the Cimmerian. Both have a feel of morose  due to the subject matter. Though the latter's got Conan's typically rebellious tone to it, whereas the former captures Solomon Kane's more sombre nature, but at the same time lays reference to some of his classic adventures. If I were to pick a third, it'd be The King and the Oak. It may not capture Kull's essence the way the other two do, but it's definitely got some power to it.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Then you are definetly doing something wrong. Melee and physical attacks/crafts were massively buffed in 3rd, and the strongest character is a melee one, and most high tier characters are physical.

Like with the right setup Anelace can deal 9k damage with her normal attack. On Nightmare mind you. And she's considered to be mid tier.

Oh no they deal decent damage, but that doesn't equal to 8,000 across the board to 6 to 7 enemies on average from magic. 

On the topic of magic, they go very quickly in the 3rd, SC it didn't feel like magic was cast nearly as quickly. Example for why i feel the way i do:

Spoiler

Physical attack dealt against Loewe: 1,000 damage (no boosts to str during battle)

Magic damage dealt against Loewe: 7,000 damage. 

And considering physical attacks have risk of death and can miss, i feel like magic is the better option overall. 

Could be just my playstyle, though. ive always played more defensive sooooo who knows?

Edited by lightcosmo

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

With an absolutely hideous artstyle

It's youthful, and maybe exaggerated, but on the whole, I like it. Helps in my case I was exposed to it in my formative youthful years with Riviera. -As long as it doesn't get uncomfortably sexualized on figures that appear too young.

For you, yes, I see how it'd be outright bad. Stay crusty, old, unshorn, and plain. Remind the rest of us here that there are alternative views of aesthetics out there.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's youthful, and maybe exaggerated, but on the whole, I like it. Helps in my case I was exposed to it in my formative youthful years with Riviera. -As long as it doesn't get uncomfortably sexualized on figures that appear too young.

I mean, I'm not saying it's bad. I just personally don't like it--

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For you, yes, I see how it'd be outright bad. Stay crusty, old, unshorn, and plain. Remind the rest of us here that there are alternative views of aesthetics out there.

...There was no need to make me cry, you know...

I mean, c'mon, that was just cruel. Crusty, unshorn and plain, sure, but... Old?! I'm 22 years old! Heck, I think I'm younger than you!

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...There was no need to make me cry, you know...

I mean, c'mon, that was just cruel. Crusty, unshorn and plain, sure, but... Old?! I'm 22 years old! Heck, I think I'm younger than you!

You misunderstand me. I'm speaking of your character design preferences, not you yourself. You like old men- crusty and old; you like facial hair- unshorn; and you like Berwick Saga's artwork -though maybe not love it- which I deem fairly plain beyond the non-natural hair colors.

All I was doing, was expressing my own opinion on the Department Heaven aesthetic, not trying to change or denounce yours'.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You misunderstand me.

So I did, it seems. I mean, I was joking, it's not like I was upset or anything, but... Yeah, I misunderstood, sorry.

I'm speaking of your character design preferences, not you yourself. You like old men- crusty and old; you like facial hair- unshorn; and you like Berwick Saga's artwork -though maybe not love it- which I deem fairly plain beyond the non-natural hair colors.

You know, my first instinct when reading this was to argue, but then I thought back to... basically all the character designs I enjoy and they all have at least two or three of these qualities, so...

Yeah. You're right lol

All I was doing, was expressing my own opinion on the Department Heaven aesthetic, not trying to change or denounce yours'.

Yeah, I'm afraid it's just not my cup of tea, but I can see the appeal. It's competently done, that's for certain.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm glad you're enjoying it more than the one you played before!

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Where does Sherpa fit into this?

Sherpa is Milanor, of course!

Cool boys helping Princesses and stuff

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Based Grey

53 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh no they deal decent damage, but that doesn't equal to 8,000 across the board to 6 to 7 enemies on average from magic. 

doesn't beat almost 0 AT attacks from a certain someone, or cratfs with lower delay than normal attacks from certain few characters

Just now, Shrimperor said:

doesn't beat almost 0 AT attacks from a certain someone, or cratfs with lower delay than normal attacks from certain few characters

I noticed this on one of my allies for sure. 

I edited my previous post with more thoughts right as you chimed in sooo maybe that helps clarify things?

Oh and ofc if you are using Kloe, lowering their DEF makes physical characters amazing. 

Morale/Forte can bolster them quite a bit and coupled with Kloe's def down craft, can do some crazy damage. (Imo Joshua benefits most from this, Dual Strike doing 6,000 X2 is amazing.)

Physical characters can also impede enemies from killing your mages. not to mention pushing them back (Agate does this best) 

I wasn't saying they are bad by any means, i have a high opinion on them, as you can see. Just in the short run magic feels better, but i don't actually know, i guess. XD

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh and ofc if you are using Kloe, lowering their DEF makes physical characters amazing. 

Morale/Forte can bolster them quite a bit and coupled with Kloe's def down craft, can do some crazy damage. (Imo Joshua benefits most from this, Dual Strike doing 6,000 X2 is amazing.)

Physical characters can also impede enemies from killing your mages. not to mention pushing them back (Agate does this best) 

I wasn't saying they are bad by any means, i have a high opinion on them, as you can see. Just in the short run magic feels better, but i don't actually know, i guess. XD

tell me, did you get Tita's

Spoiler

Mecha?

Aoe 6k damage with normal attack.

Also good luck @Sooks! go get that A+😄

Edited by Shrimperor

Also @lightcosmo did you view Door 15?

When I have the chance to look at my file, I'll tell you. I have all of em done but 2, I believe? Also, where do I get the Nightmare invitation?

Fishing game was hell, ngl. Got screwed the first time, I was 330 pts up and he caught a 355 point fish and beat me.

somewhere in Abyss i think

Yikes, enemies down there are deadly.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit I thought you were a few years older.

Now I just feel ancient.

blog_hallow_reach.jpg