Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Very true! Anyways, hope at least one of the two main minigames suits ya.

Pretty sure I'm unlocking the thing right now. Hopefully I can get started soon enough and see how it is! I hope it involves throwing a lot of people into other people.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

>bookmarks questions he was unsure of

>bookmarked over a third of the test

Relatable.

friendly reminder because I don’t think you were here for that part, I made that edit, thank you for the ego boost

Your memes are very impressive. You must be very proud.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh my fucking God, what is my luck. Mr. Shakedown was right there, I run in his direction to have a rematch... And then the idiot cop guy stops me and Mr. Shakedown despawns. God fuck damnit.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

What if you wanted to fight a boss in a really epic way, but Draggy's brain said:
FkyALj5.jpgKy6PkbJ.jpg

XD

I don’t know what you’re talking about, this is more epic.

Just now, Sooks said:

I don’t know what you’re talking about, this is more epic.

You're... not wrong. XD

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Memes are always the way, Always.

Especially in Nep. xD

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:
You seeing this? (Note, this might not be real)

Well, that'd be quite the surprise.

I got my foot in the door with Final Fantasy IX, sat through the lengthy "not really playing it" opening sequence, and then stopped. Even when it stepped back from VII-VIII edgy seriousness and went for something more lighthearted, Square kept up on the presentation.

As if Chrono wasn't enough I'm getting Toriyama vibes from Queen Brahe's face. Zidane I can tell must be Square's interpretation of Sun Wukong, who now that I think about, I never realized was absent from FF before, despite his incredible mythological clout. And Garnet is the first time Square merged white mage with summoner; I wasn't particularly fond of Yuna, though I have nothing against her either, here is hoping this princess is a gem.

Given I am aware of the infamous Excalibur II indicating the game can be wrapped up in I would imagine 15 hours (Ex II calls for 11 hrs max to reach a late game location IIRC), even if that is an extreme rush, it does bode the tiniest bit well for hopes it won't become slog at some point. I'm playing blind regardless of any missable things, because a guide makes things filled with artificial worry.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

rJ2B6cU.png

>Jihad-End

She looks too happy on the warpath.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

#YU did it first

In fiction (~1300s AD), Romance of the Three Kingdoms did it first. Guan Yu apparently flooded Fan Castle, although historically, the floods were natural and all Guan Yu did was exploit the enemy's weakened state after Mother Nature independently wrecked them.

That stage is fun in DW8. And hilarious that you can still ride horses in the flooded areas, so the horse just swims through. XD

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In fiction (~1300s AD), Romance of the Three Kingdoms did it first. Guan Yu apparently flooded Fan Castle, although historically, the floods were natural and all Guan Yu did was exploit the enemy's weakened state after Mother Nature independently wrecked them.

And despite that, he still ended up the loser of that campaign, when Lu Meng and the Wu army showed up.
Pride comes before the fall, as they say!

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That stage is fun in DW8. And hilarious that you can still ride horses in the flooded areas, so the horse just swims through. XD

Oh yeah, I love that stage!

Edited by DragonFlames

Oh hey someone listened to me about a game.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Given I am aware of the infamous Excalibur II indicating the game can be wrapped up in I would imagine 15 hours (Ex II calls for 11 hrs max to reach a late game location IIRC), even if that is an extreme rush, it does bode the tiniest bit well for hopes it won't become slog at some point. I'm playing blind regardless of any missable things, because a guide makes things filled with artificial worry.

Trust me, that will be a thing where you know what you're doing when you go for it, especially if you go for 100% item clears. And it'd be closer to 12 than 15 hours considering where ExII is, trust me on that one.

Pretty sure you could cut the time a bit by tricking it to skip FMVs by opening the disk tray, might be on PAL versions you had to do so because of the frame rate difference or I'm remembering something wrong.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I got my foot in the door with Final Fantasy IX, sat through the lengthy "not really playing it" opening sequence, and then stopped. Even when it stepped back from VII-VIII edgy seriousness and went for something more lighthearted, Square kept up on the presentation.

As if Chrono wasn't enough I'm getting Toriyama vibes from Queen Brahe's face. Zidane I can tell must be Square's interpretation of Sun Wukong, who now that I think about, I never realized was absent from FF before, despite his incredible mythological clout. And Garnet is the first time Square merged white mage with summoner; I wasn't particularly fond of Yuna, though I have nothing against her either, here is hoping this princess is a gem.

I never really thought on the Wukong comparisons myself, being a philistine on Journey to the West. As for Garnet being the first White Mage summoner, I presume you mean for characters who you don't have free rein on for main games like in.... pretty much 5-8.

here is hoping this princess is a gem.

801e66bd96ae37a12579e51aabc7deb6.jpg

Actually got a spare Dark Mace on my current run, for Paramythis to send people to horny jail with. Especially with Flourish.

...actually a rather decent weapon too. +7 dark damage. Pretty equal to the Holy Sword that she starts out with.

Edited by BrightBow

Why does the game take away my only Axe unit when i am sandwhiched between Lancers 😞

And they all have Void Status and Super High Gen so i can't card status them...

And Protect so i can't even defeat the mobs...

Edited by Shrimperor

Ya know, I was initially a bit miffed about Wu not getting any of the newfangled Deification forms, but after playing the game, I am not disappointed at all, since Sun Quan is one of the first characters you get (which is amazing, because he uses his Flame Blade moveset from DW8E (guess who was one of my mains)), everyone has about equal importance to the plot, and the Deification form is practically pointless in gameplay: to use it, you need to fill a separate gauge (the Rage Gauge, that enables True Musou/Rage Musou attacks for everyone without a transformation), and that gauge depletes within a few seconds, after which you transform right back, so all that hype was for naught, really.
In fact, the team of Sun Quan, Xiaoqiao, and Nobuyuki Sanada beat every Pandaemonium stage (the highest difficulty the game has to offer, where Hundun appears at random) that popped up rather comfortably, and none of them can transform at all.

Though I will say... the appearance of Hundun is a rather terrifying prospect, as he can down you in just a few hits, and the music is replaced with his theme when he's near. And just the opening of it is enough to send a chill down your spine:

Edited by DragonFlames

And now I have made it home from the big long test! Victory!

Anyway, 

there’s a lot to unpack here, shocking reveal after shocking reveal.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Anyway, 

there’s a lot to unpack here, shocking reveal after shocking reveal.

That mask is awesome.

Also "strategy game" is debatable if it follows in Three Houses's footsteps

So from what I read that means you're pretty much finished? Or am I wrong there?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So from what I read that means you're pretty much finished? Or am I wrong there?

I am finished. We had three big, end of the year tests and I just completed the last one. Now I think there’s two and a half more weeks of school and then this school year is over.

The colours were in monochrome and there was no sound.
I have no idea what it was about, or why it was made.
But there was one thing I did understand.
A man burning with flames seemed to be the main character.
The movie was focused on him alone.
Every once in a while, he would fight someone, kill, be killed himself, and then repeat the process.
It was all so extreme, and I didnt understand any of it, but...
The man continued to burn throughout the entire manga.
And before I knew it...
I found myself with a clenched fist.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

That mask is awesome.

I haven't figured out how to pun his name into something resembling Daft Punk yet.

Just now, Sooks said:

I am finished. We had three big, end of the year tests and I just completed the last one. Now I think there’s two and a half more weeks of school and then this school year is over.

Well, you have that going for you.

Here you'd have the year end tests be in that last week or two. Or if they're the nationally planned tests after the school year ends.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good luck!