Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've never understood the appeal.

Same, to be honest.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahaha... Don't let them hear you, man, you'll be torn apart. Or at least you would be, in Spain. Dunno about Germany, but my country is utterly obsessed, to the point where football news don't just show up in the sports section, but also in the general news report. The state of the football is relevant enough to be a matter of national interest, it seems.

As Shrimpy already said, basically, Germany is pretty much the same way, actually.
"King Football" and all that stuff.

As for the being torn apart thing, well, it's not something I'm terribly scared of, to be honest.
I love seeing people with inflated egos get humiliated. That time was one of those moments for me, and it brought me no end of satisfaction (not to mention it did wonders for my sleep schedule). And I sincerely hope for a repeat of that.

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

lYQbKyW.jpg

PTSD time

Oh hey, it's that thing that can resurrect itself ten times over. Good luck with it!

And neat profile picture you got there, Shrimpy!

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

And I sincerely hope for a repeat of that

Nobody has the illussion that germany can win anything this time, so don't worry xD

the team is currently really bad

Good luck with it

thx thx!

And neat profile picture you got there, Shrimpy!

Credits @Saint Rubenio

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I see! Well done, @Saint Rubenio!

Thanks, Draggy! It took me a long time to get it done. As much as one minute.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, yes, Football...

That's my reaction any time someone brings it up, yeah.

I'm never been a sports person, but I don't mind watching a match of anything every now and then. As a Latin American, I'm obliged to like it to some extent.

And, well, I still watched this, hehe:

Edited by Acacia Sgt

It is the sport I don't care about beyond the scope of my sleep schedule. And the occasional bout of sadistic happiness, as described earlier.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thanks, Draggy! It took me a long time to get it done. As much as one minute.

Still, I think it looks good!

Edited by DragonFlames

I'm from the "land of football", so it was unavoidable.

HYagYiv.png

CLAIR

Edited by Maof06

How did "soccer" happen, anyway? How did America just randomly decide to start calling handball football and gave football a completely random word that has nothing to do with anything?

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>soccer

>land of soccer

Google translate is a bitch

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How did "soccer" happen, anyway? How did America just randomly decide to start calling handball football and gave football a completely random word that has nothing to do with anything?

It was actually first used by the British. The US simply copied it, but then in Britain the use declined.

Association Football became shortened to Soccer.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It was actually first used by the British. The US simply copied it, but then in Britain the use declined.

Oh.

...That doesn't answer the other question, though. Why in the world do they call handball "football"?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh.

...That doesn't answer the other question, though. Why in the world do they call handball "football"?

Because the foot in football doesn't refer to using the feet, but rather, that it was played on foot. In contrast to horse-riding sports.

I never cared for sports personally, but over here the general opinion of them is not as… intense, as it sounds like it is in Germany and Spain, so there’s really nothing to say about it.

I mean I could make my country proud by going football!?!? You mean soccer, you communist! but I don’t care that America has a different name for it.

49 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

As for the being torn apart thing, well, it's not something I'm terribly scared of, to be honest.
I love seeing people with inflated egos get humiliated. That time was one of those moments for me, and it brought me no end of satisfaction (not to mention it did wonders for my sleep schedule). And I sincerely hope for a repeat of that.

Who are the people with the inflated egos here?

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Association Football became shortened to Soccer.

Oh, well that makes sense, considering that’s how we ended up with our stupid measurements.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Because the foot in football doesn't refer to using the feet, but rather, that it was played on foot. In contrast to horse-riding sports.

Ohh. Well, that's something I'd never heard before. Interesting. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I never cared for sports, but over here the general opinion of them is not as… intense, as it sounds like it is in Germany and Spain, so there’s really nothing to say about it.

Guess that's one thing 'Murica's got going for it.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Definitely not me. After all

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Guess that's one thing 'Murica's got going for it.

Yeah, we actually just had the first gay, active NFL (National Football League) player come out Monday, which is really nice. Just one day later he had (and still has) the top selling NFL jersey, which makes me happy.

55 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Here, as in, this thread?
No one, I'd say.

In terms of soccer, it's mostly the sports media, and general attitude that is spread throughout the country due to some... rather obnoxious parts of the fanbase (facilitated by the media, honestly), who think Germany > everything else when it comes to sports.

Edited by DragonFlames

Hey Zombieland Saga S2 was pretty neat.

Hey what the fuck was that post-credits scene about? I have never seen something come out of left-field this hard (yes i have).

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But 2 million? Hmm... Samus might need to go Hypermode for that.

It could happen. Metroid Dread is already at the top of a lot of pre-order charts and with the Switch's gargantuan playerbase.....yeah it's possible.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

"Lunatic Mode is bullshit".

48 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So like most sports?

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Here, as in, this thread?
No one, I'd say.

In terms of soccer, it's mostly the sports media, and general attitude that is spread throughout the country due to some... rather obnoxious parts of the fanbase, who think Germany > everything else when it comes to sports.

I meat here as in the context you were using, football. Sorry that didn’t make sense.

Just now, Sooks said:

I meat here as in the context you were using, football. Sorry that didn’t make sense.

Ah, okay! Sorry for misunderstanding, then! ^^
But yeah, my answer is what I wrote in my second paragraph.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So like most sports?

Back in the 14th century, when the term was first born, yes. It was basically playing with a ball on foot. However they played with it, but as long it wasn't on horseback.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, we actually just had the first gay, active NFL (National Football League) player come out Monday, which is really nice. Just one day later he had (and still has) the top selling NFL jersey, which makes me happy.

Not bad! Not bad at all.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"Lunatic Mode is bullshit".

I look forward to the end of this guy's FE12 run so it stops being trendy to hate on FE12 and it once again becomes trendy to forget FE12 exists so I can just sit in my corner and be like "FE12 is awesome."

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I look forward to the end of this guy's FE12 run so it stops being trendy to hate on FE12 and it once again becomes trendy to forget FE12 exists so I can just sit in my corner and be like "FE12 is awesome."

And then, someday, some lonely dude pretending to be a dragon will join you in that corner.