• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They could've also relegated the old protag to a later recruitment, when their power level raised by prior adventures stops being so broken. You just need a good plot excuse why they aren't around at the start

I do recall Mega Man X7 doing this and uh.....well it was one of the many reasons why people don't like X7.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Pls tells me this means no love.😛 Just two opposite sex coworkers of justice, for whom there is no friendzoning, because they never thought of leaving that zone in the first place.

Can confirm. I'd post some convos but I'm just now clocking out of work. But their relationship alternates between proud owner and reluctant pet (cause Gunvolt got cursed into dog form so Kirin would do things like not give him chocolate because, well, you know) and energetic granddaughter and protective grandfather (this works because Gunvolt was in stasis for a few decades). And yes, Kirin did call him Grampvolt (also Dadvolt in one of the stages).

Ruben mentioning Square and censorship came to mind when I saw this.:

FYqI-PGXkAAouFg?format=jpg&name=smallFYqKNFyXEAIsn8t?format=jpg&name=medium

Square has made a manga app, with a one-version-fits-all-countries modesty policy. Also, plenty of microtransactions and in-app currencies.

It is a law of the universe that for every one well-received & sold game Square makes nowadays -and Japanese sales for LaL look good enough- it has to make three flop games or other business mistakes.

FYsPK_YX0AUIOUg?format=jpg&name=large

They've even blacked out the knees of a guy (who admittedly looks feminine in the face if they're rushing out the bars as quickly as possible).

I'm not hate-filled over any of this, it's more absurd than anything. -Until you realize Square is doing this b/c there are countries where such trivial details are continually edited out. Then you pity those countries and think "prolific sleazy titillation ain't so bad after all, it's freedom!".

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I do recall Mega Man X7 doing this and uh.....well it was one of the many reasons why people don't like X7.

I was thinking of X7 when I writing that. And I think the excuse itself is part of the problem. X begins the game with crisis of morality or something and thats what keeps him from help Zero and new guy Axl. X only joins if you optionally save enough Reploids. Considering this is seven games into an established series, why X would suddenly break like that is strange.

I can think of a game that handled "old protagonist rejoins much later" significantly better. Mostly b/c they're off doing things, and want to do them alone.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can confirm. I'd post some convos but I'm just now clocking out of work. But their relationship alternates between proud owner and reluctant pet (cause Gunvolt got cursed into dog form so Kirin would do things like not give him chocolate because, well, you know) and energetic granddaughter and protective grandfather (this works because Gunvolt was in stasis for a few decades). And yes, Kirin did call him Grampvolt (also Dadvolt in one of the stages).

A very weird dynamic it sounds like. The young owns the old, despite in a way being weaker (I imagine so if Gunvolt is the temporary super mode), and the "old" doesn't look old at all.

Still, I'd take these highly unusual circumstances over a tired and cliche relationship.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ruben mentioning Square and censorship came to mind when I saw this.:

FYqI-PGXkAAouFg?format=jpg&name=smallFYqKNFyXEAIsn8t?format=jpg&name=medium

Square has made a manga app, with a one-version-fits-all-countries modesty policy. Also, plenty of microtransactions and in-app currencies.

It is a law of the universe that for every one well-received & sold game Square makes nowadays -and Japanese sales for LaL look good enough- it has to make three flop games or other business mistakes.

FYsPK_YX0AUIOUg?format=jpg&name=large

They've even blacked out the knees of a guy (who admittedly looks feminine in the face if they're rushing out the bars as quickly as possible).

I'm not hate-filled over any of this, it's more absurd than anything. -Until you realize Square is doing this b/c there are countries where such trivial details are continually edited out. Then you pity those countries and think "prolific sleazy titillation ain't so bad after all, it's freedom!".

Those wouldn't even register on the horny jail meter. Literally going for Victorian standards on the latter and the middle is........ Yeah. Cripes that's just sad. The censorship and the whys, not the currencies, that's SellIP NFTix for you.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A very weird dynamic it sounds like. The young owns the old, despite in a way being weaker (I imagine so if Gunvolt is the temporary super mode), and the "old" doesn't look old at all.

It's not the first time a young person's held an artifact with an older soul attached in fairness.

47 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

This is what we got when some peeps are sensitive towards drawn skin

I know I am.

Screen-Shot-2022-07-28-at-7-51-18-PM.png

🥵

It's g-lis-ten-ing!🤤

Forgive me, it's the depression right now. I played the first two stages of the snow laden Not-London in Kirby earlier today. As soon as I turned the Switch off, lamentations for the fate all of who live surged back. In the continued absence of counseling (I alerted family of my current episode to gently nudge them back into finding me someone), lust I find to be one of those things that can provide temporary relief. Maybe I should watch the new Netflix series that provides people with advice and maybe direct help in building the sex dungeons of their wet dreams, though I'd be afraid family would accidentally click on my profile on the shared account.

And, partaking of this all-of-a-sudden is also my little way of saying "screw outlandish censorship policies!" now.😋 (Though I trimmed the bottom off this pic b/c SF very reasonably requires it.)

44 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Those wouldn't even register on the horny jail meter. Literally going for Victorian standards on the latter

Which in America are still the standards of Mormons at least. I think full-length pants even in the summer are the norm for males of the distinctly American Christian sect. Some evangelicals might agree too.

The censorship and the whys

Comments suggested they're doing this -and refusing to back down in social media statements- is because it is the easier option. Making two versions of the app, one uncensored and one edited, would require additional technical work, which means additional costs. If they did make two versions, they would also have to keep the app's versions sufficiently separated. If someone in a censored country gets into the unedited version too easily, then Square could face a lawsuit or worse be banned by said country, putting the whole manga app endeavor and any associated profits at risk.

It's not the first time a young person's held an artifact with an older soul attached in fairness.

*Takes some time to remember more.* Ah yes, Byleth & Sothis. And Yuta and Gridman to bring up SRW30 again. And that makes me think of Kouta and Fighter Roar. Maybe kinda Rex and Gramps in XC2 too (and certainly Pyra and Mythra as well). Plenty of cases, I just wasn't thinking at that moment. The Gunvolt 3 situation still sounds neat 'tho.

20220728_205641.jpg

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Still, I'd take these highly unusual circumstances over a tired and cliche relationship

I'm honestly just surprised by Kirin's personality in general cause I just expected stoic woman based on the marketing. The fact that she's so fun and her banter with GV is great makes me happy.

I watched Thor: Love and Thunder.

I miss "boring" Thor and I want him back.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So I shall instead convey my feelings through a drawing.

It looks like Xander is hitting her with a dickslap

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's me right now.

Okay, I ended up doing the next Thieves Guild quest after all. But after that it was off to the College of Winterhold. Pft, entering The Arcaneum, there they were, the ever spawning pair of Boethiah Cultists... patiently waiting sitting on the chairs. XD Still, I'm already Boethiah's champion, why are the cultists still spawning everywhere I go...

Anyway, did the next part of the main quest, and with that I finally started the last Daedric quest of this playthrough, Hermaeus Mora's. There's something symbolic to have left this for last. The one Daedric quest you need to begin during the main storyline. You don't have to finish it, but you have to do enough of it to matter. In a way, it's not entirely a coincidence that Hermaeus Mora would be involved when an Elder Scroll is right now relevant. Considering the DLC the game would get... certainly sounds like it was deliberate they designed the quest this way...

Well, I'm off to continue... but next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Azure Sticker Gunvolt 3 was indeed worth the wait (review)

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. That game released in 2016. Now six years later plus two spin-off titles, we finally have Azure Striker Gunvolt 3. Does it compare to the 2nd game? Is it as good as i have hoped? Is it a proper follow-up to the second game? Well the anwsers are yes yes and kinda.

As far as the story goes, it feels like a soft-reboot of the series. It doesn't follow up on Gunvolt 2's plot threads, by which i mean the one obscure hard-to-get secret ending because if i'm being pretty honest, the Gunvolt games go fairly standalone story-wise. The plot of this game isn't as good as the second one but it's still decent with a cast of very lovable characters. Kirin is a surprise favorite of mine, since i sort of just expected her to be this stoic heroine but her interactions with Gunvolt and the rest of the cast are filled with really fun banter and in this aspect, this game excels above it's predecessors. Recruiting bosses to form your own Justice League is a neat concept for this type of genre, it doesn't really happen before and allows for even more fun banter. There's also some neat connections to the first and second games towards the end that you would get more out of if you've played them (and honestly, these games aren't that long, you could knock out the trilogy in a weekend).

Gameplay-wise oh yeah babyyyyy this is one of the most fun games i've played in a long time. In fact, the gameplay alone propelled this game into my Masterpiece Club. Kirin is a fusion of Zero and Gunvolt with a tether mechanic and she is the most fun character Inti Creates has ever designed. Everything with her clicks and the stages being built around her Arc Chains give it the best level design in the series and it's great that it's also the most visually appealing game (it's Inti Creates so great spritework is always expected). The stages have excellent replayablity with different difficulties and going for higher scores. There's a gacha system in place which is kinda weird but it does ensure that you'd usually get something new each time you run through a level. But what about Gunvolt, our titular protagonist? Well, in a move i'm sure is controversial, Inti Creates has gone an interesting route: Gunvolt got so powerful he had to be sealed away. As such, his role in the game is essentially being Devil Trigger. But i think it's wrong to say that this isn't a "mainline Gunvolt" game because despite his playable status, he very much has an active role in this game. I can see why some people may be upset that he's not permanently playable but he's an important part of the plot regardless and as such, this does earn the title of "Gunvolt 3".

Although the plot is admittedly a bit weak and you could argue that Gunvolt 2 is the better overall package, the gameplay alone makes this game my favorite game in the series. Welcome to the Masterpiece Club.

10/10

Before I tune out for the night, now that Xenoblade 3 is out, I wanna share this from earlier in my playthrough.

20220729_012219.jpg

Fucking fake-ass shit, this ain't Rotbart 0/10 worst game.

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

It looks like Xander is hitting her with a dickslap

If that was what his dick looked like, I'd be worried for him.

But then, he probably can't see his own dick through the furrowed brow, so...

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Ah, classic 06. You know how this piece of art would be much improved? If it had Garon flying in the background.

Or the foreground. Foreground would be even better.

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I watched Thor: Love and Thunder.

I miss "boring" Thor and I want him back.

I'll admit some disappointment too, though at the time I wasn't too certain of my thoughts. Honestly still not and that was something I shared with the person I watched it with.

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Elise looks like she wants to punch him in his stupid face.

tenor.gif?itemid=4413390

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So this what you guys get into while I'm at work...

Apparently.

4 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Apparently.

Again, I'm somewhat sorry. I need to start playing another game, but I'm too indecisive on what it should be. Melancholy disinclines me from starting up a long RPG like a Tales (even if it's what I'd want to do), and while a Ys being more actiony can cut through the mood better, Ys IX is still too fresh in my mind for me to start on one of its predecessors. In the absence of game playing, I glue myself to the Internet for something of a distraction.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Fucking fake-ass shit, this ain't Rotbart 0/10 worst game.

When you put a giant gorilla on a pedestal, it'll eventually inevitably remove them from public access. They are no longer a lowly ordinary animal with a bit of a reputation, they are a god, residing in Pocket Dimension Olympus high above the humble crowd.

Sooooooo either DLC or perhaps they only show up in a lategame location I guess, or they spawn in an earlier location after lategame events ala certain UMs/Tyrants in the prior three non-Torna games.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Although the plot is admittedly a bit weak and you could argue that Gunvolt 2 is the better overall package, the gameplay alone makes this game my favorite game in the series. Welcome to the Masterpiece Club.

10/10

Gaming is divine for you right now, isn't it. When was the last time you were disappointed or dropped something? I can't remember. 

I'm not being critical of you. On the contrary, good for you that you can find a little personal golden age in gaming ATM.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's g-lis-ten-ing!🤤

*bonk* Go to horny jail! Where we send all horny people! All the horny people, clumped up in a tight, confined space!
...I feel like somebody didn't quite think this concept through. Or maybe they thought it through very thoroughly and it's all part of their masterful (and probably horny) plan. They say that criminal jail breeds crime, so it stands to reason that horny jail breeds horny.

3 hours ago, WraithReborn said:

But….I thought that you…wait, what? Where am I?

I mean, I believe it's been recently established that Shrimpy = Rubenio. And Rubenio loves Fates. Well, at least the parts of Fates that include Garon.