Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Percy, Toby, Thomas, Gordon, Roswell, Börte

Right, these are the guaranteed ones.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Alandon, Vaughes, Farabia, Culevent and Lazeria.

Ahh, so you got 'em all! Sweet. In my first run I massacred Farabia and Culevent, and in my second I was trying out alternate events, so I massacred Lazeria and Vaughes in their first map.

Lemme tell you, it ain't worth it. Those two are great and the alternative... well, isn't.

• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

FTFY

Similar structure ≠ same story

With your logic, 90% of Trails are the same because they have a similar structure.

Oh and as you said before, its not okay to quote someone who is talking to someone else..  EVER. 

Theres similar structure, and then theres straight up reusing most ideas from another game. That argument means nothing.

This sums up what i said well enough. Your just cherry picking points.

Either way, im not gonna start a trails argument only to make the entire thread pissy, so im dropping it here. 

Edited by lightcosmo

30 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

From what I remember, Felicia was too young when she was taken to Castle Krakenburg. It is only normal that she isn't as attached to the Ice Tribe as Flora..

Did Flora became a maid later? Since they are twins.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, well that's interesting. Probably also the reference for the thing I brought up, come to think about it.

...Wait, what am I saying "probably" for, the Goemon in Lupin III's full name is straight up just Goemon Ishikawa lol.

If I recall, Lupin's Goemon is his descendant. Straight up he is Goemon the XIII or something like that.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, so you got 'em all! Sweet. In my first run I massacred Farabia and Culevent, and in my second I was trying out alternate events, so I massacred Lazeria and Vaughes in their first map.

Well, even Benette can only kill so many legendary warriors in 10 turns using only 5 guys. Felt like it wasn't worth the trouble killing them.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Did Flora became a maid later? Since they are twins.

I'd say it's more likely they were taken and forced into servitude simultaneously, but Flora was already older and thus had more of an attachment and a sense of responsibility.

If I recall, Lupin's Goemon is his descendant. Straight up he is Goemon the XIII or something like that.

Considering the titular character's gimmick, that sounds plausible.

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, even Benette can only kill so many legendary warriors in 10 turns using only 5 guys. Felt like it wasn't worth the trouble killing them.

She needed five guys? Ah, she probably took pity on 'em. Figured they needed the experience more than her. Love Bennette, seriously. I didn't think much of her initially, but she became one of my favorites with time. She's not a traditional badass, but she's quite badass in her own way, nonetheless.

Spoiler

...Hey, have I mentioned the Phoeve scene in chapter 16 is my least favorite scene in the game? Because it's my least favorite scene in the game. Kaga just could not keep his dick in his pants... Just had to do that to Bennette, a genuinely compelling character he'd accidentally written. Incidentally, Fauve is my least favorite character in the game, because of his involvement in this whole fiasco.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

...Hey, have I mentioned the Phoeve scene in chapter 16 is my least favorite scene in the game? Because it's my least favorite scene in the game. Kaga just could not keep his dick in his pants...

It was most certainly not quite as entertaining as Penelope trying to walk out of an awkward conversation, just to get immediately surrounded. Even she seemed to think this was some contrived bullshit.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

It's just a drawing, bro

That is true. Though it is also the case that some people don't exactly like it when ***king characters look underaged b/c that illegal in reality. Particularly if creepiness is involved (which thankfully wasn't the case).

From what I'm aware, the least-popular bachelor option in Rune Factory 4 seems to be Kiel. Not without reason looking at him.

Then why did you imagine it?

It began with me searching to examine a mangaka's work, and I saw the offending material to the side. At this point, I was already well-shocked, I could have stopped there, but while in Hell, it's too easy to be too curious and take a glance to the side. Even if you know what you're going to see is a living corpse with charred, boiled, flayed, skin with the bone exposed in places screaming and spewing blood in agony, or worse.

Let the degeneracy flow

It is going to be difficult not to look at Rex again without envisioning him and Zeke getting... mouthy, among other things.😵 My memory is too strong.

I mean, it does feel better than being overwhelmed with fear of death (as I am right now😣), even if it kept me awake late last night.😐 And I concede I didn't feel the same way when I saw this.:

SKoFe8if4AfsE4UwofPCi9-1200-80.jpg.webp

You see, this is the downside to PC games being moddable! Largely I would imagine because I have little fondness for Sephiroth and not much for FFVII in general, and none for the remake. It's different seeing it happen to things you care about if don't want it this way already.

(And yes, a Cloud nude mod exists. And a 4k high-polygon count au naturale Tifa mod has been downloaded 78400 times.)

...Maybe I should embrace the absurdity of Rule Whatever here. Between its beauty yet finitude and all goes that goes wrong in it, this existence is already messed up enough.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Can I talk about how much it bugs me that the Ice Tribe is basically a small native tribe that is not at all taken seriously in any of the routes? Like it's either you're fighting them because Flora for whatever reason has the final say on what the tribe does

Historically, many historical Eurasia countries had to deal with persistent "barbarians". For the Greeks, Romans, Eastern Romans, Persians, Chinese, Koreans, all at some point had to deal with so-called barbarians, who most often came from the north and Central Eurasia.

I like to pretend the Ice Tribe is such a thing to Nohr. To the far north and west, the Ice Tribe occupies taiga and its warmer fringes. They've been a in constant coexistence of peace and war with Nohr. I would go so far as to add an Ice Tribe dynasty that ruled briefly Nohr at the zenith of the Ice Tribe's power, and that the present day Nohrian royal family might have some icy blood in their ancestry. The present state of affairs is a nadir of Ice Tribe power.

For Hoshido... not sure how to define its relations to the Wind and Fire Tribes. Wind Tribe retains independence without interference, but are considered "tributary barbarians" that respect nominal Hoshidan cultural and political supremacy, and engage in minimal though not necessary zero warfare against the great power. The Chinese (and thus generally East Asian) approach to barbarians, insofar as I understand it.

2 hours ago, ping said:

qYxtt5t.jpg

Finally a win on Immortal :]Although "Inca on Highlands map script" might count as cheating. I was also kinda lucky that my second-closest neighbor, China (the green civ) ended up in a perma-war against Venice - not entirely sure why, although I'd speculate that China didn't want to peace out because they were at a massive army advantage, but couldn't use it because I didn't let them through my lands, which means that Venice was pretty darn impossible to reach. In any case, that allowed me to be fairly greedy with not building a ton of military without getting murdered like I usually get on this difficulty.

I don't see a problem with playing to a civ's advantages, that's some of the fun of using them! (Although for the umpteenth time, I've learned Polynesia on Terra isn't so amazing. Besides Happiness, as after I settled my fifth city, the "AI thinks you're expanding too fast!" diplomacy penalty kicked in and Persia declared war two turns later. My army was an archer and a spearman on the other side of the world. Darius had muskets.)

And nice to see an Immortal win! I wouldn't think it too much worse than Emperor, it's that extra starting Settler the AI gets on Deity that sounds nightmarish to me. How do I expand?

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I mean, it does feel better than being overwhelmed with fear of death (as I am right now😣), even if it kept me awake late last night.😐 And I concede I didn't feel the same way when I saw this.:

SKoFe8if4AfsE4UwofPCi9-1200-80.jpg.webp

You see, this is the downside to PC games being moddable!

What's the opposite of Safer?

Need to know for this.

2 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Need to know for this.

Riskier? Danger/Dangerous?

Two hairstyles and four 🍆 options are available. And if your prefer a touch of modesty the "armored jockstrap" mod will provide some coverage.

3 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Thank you... I think. I look forward to actually seeing her in-game one of these days.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thanks. Also Phone Serenes won't let me delete the ping, so uh... Hi, Lightchao. How are you?

I'm alright, I'm having fun playing your least favorite games. I also briefly played the Live A Live demo but only did some of Mecha-Kirby's campaign, I'll probably get back to it once I finish Xenoblade 3.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd say it's more likely they were taken and forced into servitude simultaneously, but Flora was already older and thus had more of an attachment and a sense of responsibility.

As far as I remember, the actual reason is that Felicia doesn't know she and Flora are political hostages, so she isn't bitter about their situation like Flora is.

15 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It was most certainly not quite as entertaining as Penelope trying to walk out of an awkward conversation, just to get immediately surrounded. Even she seemed to think this was some contrived bullshit.

Right? Frankly, the Penneloupe nonsense I'm willing to forgive. It's hilariously dumb, but it's also tiny and irrelevant, so out-of-nowhere and contrived it's actually funny. As well, it has a neat little gameplay set up going for it, and there's two characters coming to her rescue and one is another girl, so it feels a lot less cliché than Kaga's usual Kaganess. All in all, while it's a pretty Garon moment, it's certainly not as damaging to her character as the aforementioned garbage to the aforementioned character. Now that, that's so fucking annoying.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm alright, I'm having fun playing your least favorite games.

Awesome. Glad you're enjoying them.

I also briefly played the Live A Live demo but only did some of Mecha-Kirby's campaign, I'll probably get back to it once I finish Xenoblade 3.

More awesome. Do be sure to share your impressions when the time comes.

As far as I remember, the actual reason is that Felicia doesn't know she and Flora are political hostages, so she isn't bitter about their situation like Flora is.

...Ah, so Felicia is just cripplingly stupid, just like everyone else in Nohr who can't see anything wrong with the grey man who is leading them to pointless war and ruin. That checks out, honestly.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't see a problem with playing to a civ's advantages, that's some of the fun of using them! (Although for the umpteenth time, I've learned Polynesia on Terra isn't so amazing. Besides Happiness, as after I settled my fifth city, the "AI thinks you're expanding too fast!" diplomacy penalty kicked in and Persia declared war two turns later. My army was an archer and a spearman on the other side of the world. Darius had muskets.)

And nice to see an Immortal win! I wouldn't think it too much worse than Emperor, it's that extra starting Settler the AI gets on Deity that sounds nightmarish to me. How do I expand?

Yeah, but the Inca in such a mountainous environment are just not fair :lol: Nevermind that this is the Inca in such a mountainous environment with the Temple of Artemis, which is an ungodly amount of growth. A 40-pop capital is really great; the same 40-pop cap plus four expands that are all as big as the AI's capitals is insane.

...have I mentioned that I really like the Inca? Poland's seven free world wonders (an admittedly slightly overly dramatic way of describing their free policies, but the Oracle is a fairly decent wonder to build) or NebuCHADnezzar's super early free Great Scientist are great and all, but there's something about the food and production yields that an Incan city in a good neighborhood can get.

21 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Need to know for this.

Hmmm... wasn't "Safer Sephiroth" a mistranslation (gee whiz, a translation error in FF7? What are the odds!) that should've been "Seraphim Sephiroth"? If so, we need a silly distortion of "Devil Sephiroth". "Debile Sephiroth"? "Defo Sephiroth"? "Deffi Sephi"?

2 minutes ago, ping said:

Hmmm... wasn't "Safer Sephiroth" a mistranslation (gee whiz, a translation error in FF7? What are the odds!) that should've been "Seraphim Sephiroth"? If so, we need a silly distortion of "Devil Sephiroth". "Debile Sephiroth"? "Defo Sephiroth"? "Deffi Sephi"?

Defil Sephiroth.

XC3 first week Japanese physical sales are in- 112k, about 20k more than XC2.

Although, some critics (including trolls) are disappointed in these numbers. As the Switch user base has grown in the years since XC2, and thus it should be even higher, despite this being good Japanese sales by the franchise's standards, particularly one Nintendo hypes up via marketing. Shin Megami Tensei V was also reported by Famitsu as 143k physical in its first week, to reference another major modern JRPG. Keep in mind, Famitsu doesn't include physical sales from online retailers, which could add a few thousand more. Nor does it count digital sales, which if we set those at 35% of sales, would equate to another 60k, for a grand total of about 172k sold in total. And, Nintendo did fudge XC3's limited edition.

6 minutes ago, ping said:

Looking at FF Wiki:

Sepher (סֶפֶר) is Hebrew for "book".

[view · edit · purge]Səphīrōth (סְפִירוֹת, medieval Hebrew form of Sephirot; also spelled Sefirot), is a plural noun in Hebrew; the singular is Sephirah (also spelled Sefira). The Sephiroth are described in the Kabbalah as the manifestations of God that allow Him to manifest in the physical and metaphysical universes. Sephiroth also means "counting" (of numbers).

The boss's name as written in Japanese is "セーファ・セフィロス", or "Sēfa Sefirosu"; "safer" can also be transliterated as "sefer", "sapher", and "sepher". Thus, Safer Sephiroth (Sefer Sfirot) translates to "Book of Numerations" likely referring to the 10 Kabbalistic Sefirot, the ten aspects of creation according to Jewish Mysticism.

Sepher Sephiroth is an index of numbers and their religious correspondences published by Aleister Crowley in The Equinox Vol. 1 Num. 8 in 1912, republished more commonly in 777 and Other Qabalistic Writings of Aleister Crowley. He translates the paper's title as "The Book of Emanations", Sephiroth being the explication of unity through a decimal system.

Safer∙Sephiroth could be seen as a Seraph–a celestial or heavenly being with six colossal wings that literally means Burning Ones, hence the translation of "One-Winged Angel"'s lyrics meaning "burning inside with violent anger"–with a seventh wing in place of his arm.

The Italian translation did go with "Seraph", which in Hebrew is "Saraph" meaning "burning", although the Old Testament uses it to mean "serpent".

Now "Bizarro Sephiroth" as an aside is "Ribasu" in Japanese, which according to the above Wiki, was mistaken for the English word "Reverse", when it's actually "Rebirth".

12 minutes ago, ping said:

...have I mentioned that I really like the Inca?

I see you do. I'll need to give them more of a play than I briefly did.

13 minutes ago, ping said:

Poland's seven free world wonders (an admittedly slightly overly dramatic way of describing their free policies, but the Oracle is a fairly decent wonder to build)

I also need to give Poland a try. Besides being supposedly strong, they do offer replayability and flexibility. The Tradition-Rationalism-Ideology imbalance means you rarely get to fully explore the other Social Policy trees. I still haven't ever done full Commerce, considering the rapid increase in Policy costs, Poland's freebies not increasing that do on paper seem much stronger than the +2 Culture per city per turn or so some of the other civs get as their Culture bonus.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

From what I remember, Felicia was too young when she was taken to Castle Krakenburg. It is only normal that she isn't as attached to the Ice Tribe as Flora.

That is even worse in my eyes if she's a character who's indifferent to the fact that she was basically brought into slavery.

Now I wish that was part of her character arc. Instead of getting over her clumsiness she could come to terms with the fact that she had been robbed of her culture and childhood.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, at least we get to see the Ice Tribe. Even its chief, in one of the routes, but no more, for no reason at all. The Fire Tribe is just something that exists kinda, or so we're told.

Which is a shame since the Fire Tribe aesthetic is one that is infinitely more interesting.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Historically, many historical Eurasia countries had to deal with persistent "barbarians". For the Greeks, Romans, Eastern Romans, Persians, Chinese, Koreans, all at some point had to deal with so-called barbarians, who most often came from the north and Central Eurasia.

I like to pretend the Ice Tribe is such a thing to Nohr. To the far north and west, the Ice Tribe occupies taiga and its warmer fringes. They've been a in constant coexistence of peace and war with Nohr. I would go so far as to add an Ice Tribe dynasty that ruled briefly Nohr at the zenith of the Ice Tribe's power, and that the present day Nohrian royal family might have some icy blood in their ancestry. The present state of affairs is a nadir of Ice Tribe power.

For Hoshido... not sure how to define its relations to the Wind and Fire Tribes. Wind Tribe retains independence without interference, but are considered "tributary barbarians" that respect nominal Hoshidan cultural and political supremacy, and engage in minimal though not necessary zero warfare against the great power. The Chinese (and thus generally East Asian) approach to barbarians, insofar as I understand it.

That's a very interesting perspective, and an incredibly cool headcanon, but as the tribe stands now it reeks of "Canadian policy towards Native Americans in the 19th century"

26 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You know what, Ruben's right, that does check out with everyone else in Nohr. Even Flora herself in the end wasn't smart enough to go against Garon even though she mentioned that the Ice Tribe was totally fine and she didn't need to do this before she died in Rev.

5 minutes ago, ping said:

...have I mentioned that I really like the Inca?

The rainbow sun shines bright this day.

9 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

That is even worse in my eyes if she's a character who's indifferent to the fact that she was basically brought into slavery.

To be fair, this is all going on the assumption that these two live perfectly good and comfortable lives, since it kinda looks that way. Then you can make an argument that Flora just didn't want to shatter Felicia's happiness, so she let her live the lie as much as possible. Except that doesn't seem like it should be the case, Garon being Garon, but then again... Garon is known for being inconsistent with the object to be as poorly written as possible in every situation. So maybe he did treat them so well that Felicia didn't even notice she was a slave until she was told.

Now I wish that was part of her character arc. Instead of getting over her clumsiness she could come to terms with the fact that she had been robbed of her culture and childhood.

That'd be compelling. We don't do compelling here.

Which is a shame since the Fire Tribe aesthetic is one that is infinitely more interesting.

Oh I agree. Fates designs are what they are, but I still have respect for Rinkah being the one and only woman one of the very, very few women in FE that actually looks ripped. We've had strong women in FE before, but they all look like frail supermodels with twig arms and legs. Pah, I say. Give us more Rinkahs. The fact that I appreciate this type of woman in another sorta way does not have anything to do with my argument, I genuinely do believe more women in this series (and others) should look the part of a strong warrior if that's what they're going to be. It'd just be neat.

You know what, Ruben's right, that does check out with everyone else in Nohr. Even Flora herself in the end wasn't smart enough to go against Garon even though she mentioned that the Ice Tribe was totally fine and she didn't need to do this before she died in Rev.

I'm assuming you mean Birthright, since Flora as far as I rememeber does not die in Rev.

Anyway, yeah. Garon's... uh, whatever it is he calls a "plan" at any point in the game only works because the smartest person in the country owns a couple more neurons than Xander does.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I also need to give Poland a try. Besides being supposedly strong, they do offer replayability and flexibility. The Tradition-Rationalism-Ideology imbalance means you rarely get to fully explore the other Social Policy trees. I still haven't ever done full Commerce, considering the rapid increase in Policy costs, Poland's freebies not increasing that do on paper seem much stronger than the +2 Culture per city per turn or so some of the other civs get as their Culture bonus.

Yeah, Poland is great fun for that precise reason. Tourism game? Getting through Aesthetics without sacrificing tech, great. You got a (good) own religion? Full piety is pretty neat. Full Commerce is also very nice to have. The ability to always open Rationalism the turn you reach Renaissance isn't too shabby either.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The boss's name as written in Japanese is "セーファ・セフィロス", or "Sēfa Sefirosu"; "safer" can also be transliterated as "sefer", "sapher", and "sepher". Thus, Safer Sephiroth (Sefer Sfirot) translates to "Book of Numerations" likely referring to the 10 Kabbalistic Sefirot, the ten aspects of creation according to Jewish Mysticism.

Sepher Sephiroth is an index of numbers and their religious correspondences published by Aleister Crowley in The Equinox Vol. 1 Num. 8 in 1912, republished more commonly in 777 and Other Qabalistic Writings of Aleister Crowley. He translates the paper's title as "The Book of Emanations", Sephiroth being the explication of unity through a decimal system.

Safer∙Sephiroth could be seen as a Seraph–a celestial or heavenly being with six colossal wings that literally means Burning Ones, hence the translation of "One-Winged Angel"'s lyrics meaning "burning inside with violent anger"–with a seventh wing in place of his arm.

Huh, interesting. I don't think I've ever heard about the possible Crowley connotation.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

I love how y'all are taking morals of Fates more seriously than the writers ever did

It's a fun pastime while I wait for Garonquest to be wrapped up so I can play the true golden route.

Anyway

XBC3 CH5 SPOILERS

Hide contents

I wonder

Why does the city only have homs

Spoiler

Why does Garon have a beard of concrete? Why does Ruby Berwick Saga wear a circlet? Why does Edgeworth Ace Attorney wear three cravats on top of one another?

I know, this is of exactly zero help to figuring out the answer to your question. But hey, just sayin'. Maybe it has horns because it feels like it, mm? Horns can be pretty slick.

...wait you said homs.

Uhhhh

Well why wouldn't a city have homs? Where else are people going to live?

...sorry for butting in. Carry on.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

I love how y'all are taking morals of Fates more seriously than the writers ever did

Well, they did really hype it up during the Iwata Asks. They even dissed Awakening's story just to emphasize how they were supposedly playing an entirely different ballgame now.

But hey, these guys are shameless liars. This was rather unambiguous since they called Awakening the "ultimate culmination of Fire Emblem". Over and over.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, they did really hype it up during the Iwata Asks. They even dissed Awakening's story just to emphasize how they were supposedly playing an entirely different ballgame now.

Heh, looking at it again, 4 of the 6 parts of the interview are purely about the story. The gall of it.