• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Future Ruben when he meets his future daughter's boyfriend and his name is Conrad

Fuck Conrad

I mean as far as I know, there is one Spark that does this so while it is cooldown-based, it's just one person who can revive (AoE btw).

Right.

I mean like I said, you don't get this until the end of Terra Flora anyways.

Yeah, of course. Eh, I probably won't get much use out of this, to be honest. This is the kind of game where I feel you're better off avoiding damage altogether.

2 hours ago, ping said:

biQAxNY.png

NWl6C2m.png

zoqTSYL.png

Good work.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Now this map is basically me just rotating Reflect and Invisibility on Luigi cause Rabbid Peach died right after this.

Luigi has evolved past the need for a weapon.

2 hours ago, ping said:

biQAxNY.png

NWl6C2m.png

zoqTSYL.png

We will soon approach the "respect your elders" age, where FE fans will finally become old and senile-pilled and recognize the elderly as the true chads of Fire Emblem. At least, 2% of the fanbase will, I hope. I hope and cope.

Love this opening

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man... Now that the hack's pretty much done, my afternoon feels rather empty.

So you have to post it here so we don't end up with an empty afternoon.

6 minutes ago, Green06 said:

So you have to post it here so we don't end up with an empty afternoon.

Well, thanks for the interest. I still have to finish implementing the character endings. Postgame will have to wait, see if I can figure it out down the line. It wasn't a priority, anyway.

I don't feel particularly inspired right now, so maybe I'll do it later. Then tomorrow I can share it with anyone who's interested.

AoE revive with a 4 turn cooldown? That's... Simultaneously busted and underwhelming, since this is the kind of game where you'd rather be aggressive and use positioning to avoid retaliation than get to the point where you need to revive folks.

Anyway, I just bonked a Donnel goomba three times in a row to extend Edge's movement range far enough to reach a pipe. Then I chucked it off the map. I love this game.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good work.

C0NmjBA.png

yNEQbE2.png

rvhtKMh.png

Work isn't done.

I like the part where Marcus would've survived two hits in this scenario (Peres and generic attack him on EP, Marcus attacks Peres on PP).

Admittedly, Roy and Lance are pretty helpful here. +17 Hit, +25 Avoid, +2 Atk, +3 Def.

Welp, no more sense in avoiding it. Time for University applications...

This is my first time, UBC-Chan, so please be gentle.

11 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Good luck, son

Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Enjoy the best time of your life!

Aye... I hope it's not as stressful as applying for it is. There's so much to be worryin' about. Not knowing for sure what degree to get or program to do, not knowing whether or not I can follow my passion, getting a huge debt...

Well, for now all I can control is getting in, so I'd best do a good job with that!

ULJS00143-00012.jpg

So this is when Gundam stopped being "Real" for a subseries. When it went Lavos instead (*Checks* okay, this crab-centipede is a few years older, and this isn't exactly a unique idea), and possibly provided the inspiration for the Machine Cells.

Plopping this monster turn 1 aggressive on a map was not what I was expecting. But Doughman Cashew sitting on a forest at the edge of its maximum range could safely dodge it with only a 10% hit rate (when set to Evade) for several turns while the Giganos army was destroyed by everyone else.

I played the following map, it was actually difficult for a base defend with the enemies properly coming in from opposite directions. There were chances when the enemies could have moved onto the base and GO'ed me, yet they chose not to and instead attacked me.

10 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Yeah I've heard this game continues the Nintendo tradition of being the grand third entry return to form after the experimental sequel and the classic original. It's quite beloved but I don't hear much about it these days. Nonetheless I'm excited.

It did sell over 700k back in the day, making the best-selling FE in Japan for a long time. I would think it something akin to A Link to the Past over there indeed. Although, by virtue of being in a wholly different genre with a very different kind of spritework, I would say ALttP has held up better.

FE3 seems like it's going to be a very chill game.

Not that it's not going to be difficult and stressful, more that it's just the type of thing I can play while listening to a podcast or something.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE3's terrible UI is the reason why I can't ever get myself to play it. I can only hope you are able to get used to it better than me.

It's not even the math either. Until Vestaria Kaga refused to implement automatic math in his UI. It's just that on top of that this game's UI is horrendously designed and organized. They got much better starting with Genealogy.

Anyway, that's been grumpy Ruben qhining about the Mysterious Interface. Got that out of my system, now let's talk about why using a mage with 1 base magic is a good idea.

I'm surprised no one's made a mod of some kind just to fix the wonky UI, I mean the fact that if doesn't even tell you how much damage you'll do is especially annoying.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This just in: local femboy burns several people alive.

It is he that shall fell the Shadow Dragon.

9 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

You going to try Samto by the way?

Oh absolutely.

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

FE4 (Seliph only) and FE5 also both have dismount mechanics. 

So far the only use I've found of them is the ability to use swords, which doesn't matter as much in a game with no weapon triangle, and to traverse terrain that mounts will otherwise not be able to traverse.

Is there anything else?

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is related but separate but the game has a true ending so you might wanna look up the requirements for that. I think Serenes (the main page) has a page for that.

Mm, I'd best look at that.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I just pressed buttons and if it didn't work I reloaded the save lol.

That's probably what I'll end up doing, heh. I'm awful at math, the numbers just fizzle out in my brain.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think nowadays some fan translations do stick to official terms and stuff, or change them to match even if years down the road. Don't know if Mystery has one such patch, but I know other FE games do. Like Binding Blade I think.

I believe the patch I'm using was one suggested by Ruben and Kadath so I trust that it is at least decent.

I mean, Marth is still just one man. And Falchion is still just a regular sword against other humans, if it wasn't for its "HP Restore to Full" effect.

I suppose if it's not to fight Dragons, why take it. You may have noticed in Shadow Dragon, but Silver Swords have more MT than Falchion and had less WT. I think the idea here is that outside its dragon-buster capabilities, Falchion is not that stellar of a sword.

This may not apply to Kaga-era FE, but I have a headcanon as to why that power discrepancy considering other weapons of its kind. But you're still too early in the game to bring it up without spoilers I think.

Makes perfect sense but still has the same energy of playing Majora's Mask and having none of the items from Ocarina of Time.

Seriously though, maybe gunpowder has already been invented in Archanea? Or some magic equivalent, like the Mines of Blazing Blade, which are explosive fire magic after all.

The ballista had a legit internal combustion engine!

IS, add guns to Fire Emblem you cowards.

Just make them reskins of longbows or something.

Now I'm reminded of this tweet.

2 hours ago, Green06 said:

Love this opening

It's really good, one of my favorites of the 3DS era despite just being just a reroll of ingame cutscenes.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It did sell over 700k back in the day, making the best-selling FE in Japan for a long time. I would think it something akin to A Link to the Past over there indeed. Although, by virtue of being in a wholly different genre with a very different kind of spritework, I would say ALttP has held up better.

As Dayni said, it being a Japanese exclusive probably has a lot to do with it.

@Lightchao42 ay yo, this shit goes hard.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is the kind of game where I feel you're better off avoiding damage altogether.

That's every video game.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

AoE revive with a 4 turn cooldown? That's... Simultaneously busted and underwhelming, since this is the kind of game where you'd rather be aggressive and use positioning to avoid retaliation than get to the point where you need to revive folks.

I gave it to Rabbid Mario because he has Canto.

45 minutes ago, Benice said:

Aye... I hope it's not as stressful as applying for it is. There's so much to be worryin' about. Not knowing for sure what degree to get or program to do, not knowing whether or not I can follow my passion, getting a huge debt...

Depends on the degree and whatnot. Though you'll still need to go through the core classes before you can actually start a degree in something you want.

Math made me miserable, there were legit times where I felt I wasn't gonna graduate.

10 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Makes perfect sense but still has the same energy of playing Majora's Mask and having none of the items from Ocarina of Time.

Tbf, most of Link's items, he could only use as an adult 

And Skull Kid raided his belongings anyways.

10 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Like I keep saying, an FE game with DaVinci tech.

24 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Mm, I'd best look at that.

Make sure you get all the constellation fragments. That's the primary cause for concern for now.

I'm surprised no one's made a mod of some kind just to fix the wonky UI, I mean the fact that if doesn't even tell you how much damage you'll do is especially annoying.

Also- when fighting dragons, keep in mind they target target Def, but ignore all of it. -Unless you happen to be a fellow dragon.

Fire lances, early cannons, early guns, they wouldn't be overpowering or anything due to the long reload times. For a time, Europe's dominant military unit was the "Pike & Shot" (the Spanish Tercio) after all. I think they could fit in just fine.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's every video game.

Is it though? ;):

Spoiler

"Don't worry, I'll use Restore one turn before the last poison tick hits. It's almost twice the XP compared to a Heal spell!"

1 hour ago, ping said:

rvhtKMh.png

Work isn't done.

26wRL4S.png

All in a day's work.

pChbTNN.png

⬆️Growth unit, very amazing potential, magic nuke. Wowee. ⬆️

⬇️The Jeigan, earlygame crutch, steals XP. Worthless after a few maps. Ewwww. ⬇️

q7m5Lus.png

2 hours ago, ping said:

C0NmjBA.png

yNEQbE2.png

rvhtKMh.png

Work isn't done.

I like the part where Marcus would've survived two hits in this scenario (Peres and generic attack him on EP, Marcus attacks Peres on PP).

Admittedly, Roy and Lance are pretty helpful here. +17 Hit, +25 Avoid, +2 Atk, +3 Def.

Supports in GBA can be pretty busted... if you bother to grind them.

Either way it's fine. Nothing wrong with getting a little help from dear friends. This is anime, after all.

39 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

FE3 seems like it's going to be a very chill game.

Not that it's not going to be difficult and stressful, more that it's just the type of thing I can play while listening to a podcast or something.

Yeah, pretty much. It's not like the madness that is FE12 in its harder difficulties. Lunatic FE12 is an experience.

It takes warp and replaces it with a vulnerary. Like, seriously. What kind of sick bastard does that?

Eh, you get used to that. In the future Kaga games it's that way too, but at least those give you one tidy screen of numbers ordered in rows with the corresponding statistical values all lined up properly, so you just do a couple of substractions and crack on. At least in my experience, it's not that big of a problem. The problem is that FE3 throws numbers at you over multiple different windows that you can't view at the same time and tells you to have fun putting them together.

It is he that shall fell the Shadow Dragon.

Oh I would love that.

Oh absolutely.

Good, Sam is fun too.

So far the only use I've found of them is the ability to use swords, which doesn't matter as much in a game with no weapon triangle, and to traverse terrain that mounts will otherwise not be able to traverse.

Is there anything else?

It's... really just supposed to be a penalty for mounts. Y'know, unlike in Three Houses, where it's one of the three trillion advantages wyvern lords have over every other class in the game.

Anyway, Berwick Saga handled dismounting the best, in my opinion, but my opinion is also that Berwick is generally a masterpiece, so don't listen to me, I'm biased.

That's probably what I'll end up doing, heh. I'm awful at math, the numbers just fizzle out in my brain.

Oof.

Well, I suppose Armagon's approach is fine too.

...Though I'll admit, it's one of the reasons I can't stand this game lol. Other than liking the visuals less, like 60% of my crackpot favorites being gone, no difficulty options, no supports, the inability to do funny memes like Axebello... Play FE12.

Sorry, I really need to stop. On a more positive note, I do enjoy how the star shards work in this game. You'll get your first in a little bit, they are a great little mechanic that is sadly only found here and in Thracia, under a different name. They reworked them in the remake, and while they're handy, they're less entertaining.

Emblem and Rabbids: Kingdom Deliverance.

Make it happen, IntSys. Take the franchise from Koei's crap-stained hands and hand it over to the badasses at Milan. Please.

It's really good, one of my favorites of the 3DS era despite just being just a reroll of ingame cutscenes.

I'm fond of Fates's intro, myself. If the royals didn't look like ridiculous clowns to the last it'd probably be ultra cool. It still is, to an extent. Though I could never get over how the pieces of Azura's broken necklace look like bullet casings.

That's every video game.

Ahahah... C'mon, don't be like that, I have a point lol. Like, in FE for example, healing is much more accessible and there are less ways to deal damage without putting yourself at risk. It isn't feasible to avoid damage in FE, you're just trying not to take enough to die. In Mario XCOM 2, though, your characters die very easily and healing isn't quite as convenient, but there's also a million ways to utilize positioning and abilities to keep the enemy from doing any harm at all to you, so the focus is more on keeping yourself safe as much as possible and take out or disable your foes so they can't come after you.

...Or at least, that's how I'm playing the game. Not to say I never take hits or even tank on purpose, but the game feels designed more with minimized risk in mind. I hope I've explained myself properly.

Also may I remind you that the next game on my backlog has a mechanic where you murderize your allies for temporary power

I gave it to Rabbid Mario because he has Canto.

Rabbid Mario is so fucking good, seriously. I guess he had to compensate for having the second-worst ability somehow.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They are one letter apart.

Unrelated, but I read Towa's surname and this was the first thing that came to mind.

3 minutes ago, ping said:

Is it though? ;):

Hide contents

"Don't worry, I'll use Restore one turn before the last poison tick hits. It's almost twice the XP compared to a Heal spell!"

Imagine wasting a restore use on poison.

This post was written by the hoarder gang.

26wRL4S.png

All in a day's work.

pChbTNN.png

⬆️Growth unit, very amazing potential, magic nuke. Wowee. ⬆️

⬇️The Jeigan, earlygame crutch, steals XP. Worthless after a few maps. Ewwww. ⬇️

q7m5Lus.png

Oh my God he outdamages Lilina.

HE OUTDAMAGES LILINA

This man is a menace.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Emblem and Rabbids: Kingdom Deliverance.

Medeus gets oneshot by Rabbid Marth.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Or at least, that's how I'm playing the game. Not to say I never take hits or even tank on purpose, but the game feels designed more with minimized risk in mind. I hope I've explained myself properly.

You have, it's just that sometimes the game fucks you up lmao.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Medeus gets oneshot by Rabbid Marth.

Oh my fucking God

Rabbid Garon

This is not an idea I should've come up with...

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You have, it's just that sometimes the game fucks you up lmao.

No yeah, absolutely. It just tends to feel like a failure of the plan than something that just had to happen, y'know?

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Supports in GBA can be pretty busted... if you bother to grind them.

Either way it's fine. Nothing wrong with getting a little help from dear friends. This is anime, after all.

The ones growing at +2 honestly aren't too painful to get. I obviously made sure to keep them adjacent when possible (it helps that Lance and Marcus are both mounted), but I never had to spam End Turn. If you're not playing at a dondon pace, 90-ish turns isn't unreasonable, especially for early joiners. The +1 supports are a meme, of course.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Imagine wasting a restore use on poison.

This post was written by the hoarder gang.

OK, but 20 XP. Twenty Ex Pee. That's nine more XP than a simple Heal. Hell, it's three more XP than a Barrier use!

This post was written by the Promote Your Healer At Lv. 20 gang.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my God he outdamages Lilina.

HE OUTDAMAGES LILINA

This man is a menace.

30 Mag Lilina with her future husband making pancakes for breakfast and delivering +3 Atk to her. Yyyyup.

sHqv3CI.png

God dammit, even outside of Gaiden Minerva gets damseled.

rZ0YhCq.png

Dracoknights already? Are you serious?

gR9hZvw.png

Hello Anna, where the hell were you in SoV?

IUjfNE0.png

So, how was saving your dead sister?

wkAPOgH.png

Oh goodie I get to defy gender roles twice!

qdoYQn4.png

Oh, they were talking about that thief in particular, whom I've ignored until it was already too late.

Someone please give me a dunce hat.

soc7VVA.png

The fact that only arrows can hurt this guy it terrifying.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fire lances, early cannons, early guns, they wouldn't be overpowering or anything due to the long reload times. For a time, Europe's dominant military unit was the "Pike & Shot" (the Spanish Tercio) after all. I think they could fit in just fine.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I honestly think it would work great.