• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

After all the stuff in the last chapter, we now have an obligatory beach episode (though the other games had hot springs instead). The NPCs who show up are all girls, I can't believe we didn't get lifeguard Dudley. Lloyd and Rixia have a nice time teaching their kids KeA and Sully how to swim; they haven't had many one-on-one moments since Rixia isn't a member of the main party, so it's nice how they got one now.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That Towa?

She's a new addition to this version of the game (more specifically the PS4 version, which the localization is based on), since Trails of Cold Steel established that she was in Crossbell at this point in time.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Keep in mind he has a week before Engage comes back swinging, if you convince him into SRW now he's just going to drop it halfway like he did Sparks of Hope lolololol

You know Rubenio, I don't think you ever continued Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright...

https://i.redd.it/yhw3176et9qa1.jpg

Play Yakuza

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

after all the political nonsense I understand [REDACTED]'s motives for wanting independence. Even if it will probably lead to [REDACTED] doing... interesting things later.

[REDACTED] is the best villain of the series. A shame the others here aren't as good.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

After all the stuff in the last chapter, we now have an obligatory beach episode

>Witness terrorists being gunned down with the walls painted with their blood
>Suddenly beach episode a few minutes later
I love Azure.

You know, despite having started my Engage fanfic, I got a bit of an itch to revisit some day a different idea we joked about here a while back. That one about Framme and Clanne being Alear's children. This was before the game came out, if you all recall.

Not with them, though. Would be with an OC... or two? Anyway, it sounded so interesting... maybe I could make a one-shot with the topic...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I've been working on a ROMhack of Fates for my friends and I, so that also includes editing the dialogue to an utterly bizarre plot. But while doing this editing, I've realized that somehow, that Fates' plot is WORSE than I remembered. It's honestly a little crazy.

Wait, what do you mean I'm fighting Death already? He's the fourth to last boss!? Well, technically, since I'm pretty sure you can do the Underground Waterway long already, but the intended path is to head here first...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I'd say, thought up a quick background outline for that "Alear is a parent" idea:

Spoiler

I'd use Male Alear for this.

Okay, so, the gist of it is that by the time Alear got taken in by Lumera, very few Divine Dragons were left.

Naturally, outside Lumera herself, they have their suspicions. So they give him the cold shoulder at best and actually act hostile to him at worst... except one.

A young girl (in dragon terms, of course) named... decided to go for Candela. Because if Lumera is any indication, Divine Dragons have light-related names. And as we all know, Elyos is all about theme naming.

So anyway, since Alear is still his emotionally withdrawn, low self-esteem, and self-depreciating self, things are off to a rocky start. But over time, Alear does manage to get out of his shell enough for them to become friends... and something more.

By the time the final clash with Sombron comes, Alear naturally makes the mistake of announcing his retirement talking how, once this is all over, he and Candela can finally tie the knot, exchange Pact Rings, all them stuff. Well, too bad, those plans got cut short by his thousand year coma.

But then, surprise! Not long after his slumber begins, Candela is revealed to be pregnant. No guesses on who's the father.

And... okay, the idea as I thought it would have Candela die during childbirth... but, now that I think about it, it could be interesting if mother and child were waiting for him to wake up instead of just the child. ... ... ... I gotta have to rethink this.

Anyway, still gonna say the rest of the outline as originally thought. With the idea that Candela dies, then the poor child is now left to be raised by Grandma Lumera. I was thinking on the child being a girl, named Aurora. The Latin word for dawn. Since, you know, combination of light and darkness where the latter is giving in to the former. Symbolism!

And so, once Alear finally wakes up, it's not to a pair of excitable twins (well, they'd still be his current stewards, but they wouldn't be in the room at that moment) but rather to a precocious little girl (with only a thousand-ish years, would she be around child Tiki age? Or closer to Myrrh? Or even more only like Fae? Beats me...) who is finally meeting dad for the first time. Too bad dad has amnesia and thus doesn't remember mom... or even knew he had a daughter to begin with.

---

And, well, still don't have much for how the story would change with little Aurora existing. Although part of me would want to go something of a comedy route where she has decided she'll help dad find a new special someone. One can only imagine how certain attempts could go...

Aurora: "Would you like to be my new mommy?"

Ivy:

7gdrlc.jpg

*Promptly faints after like five seconds.* XD lol

Well anyway, I'm certainly not gonna start with this idea any time soon. Still, best to have thought this up just to satiate that writing itch.

Turns out the fellow on Pixiv with all the Vestaria Saga art still has a blog up that goes quite a bit further back.
20200122141841.jpg

And later, I suppose. At least I am pretty sure this one is not on Pixiv. It's mostly VS1 stuff.
20200809225712.png

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, despite having started my Engage fanfic, I got a bit of an itch to revisit some day a different idea we joked about here a while back. That one about Framme and Clanne being Alear's children. This was before the game came out, if you all recall.

Not with them, though. Would be with an OC... or two? Anyway, it sounded so interesting... maybe I could make a one-shot with the topic...

Zephia time

And don't forget Vandad

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

6 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I've been working on a ROMhack of Fates for my friends and I, so that also includes editing the dialogue to an utterly bizarre plot. But while doing this editing, I've realized that somehow, that Fates' plot is WORSE than I remembered. It's honestly a little crazy.

When modding, you realise almost everything is poorly designed! I think that applies to most games, not just Fates.

Look guys look

It's the video teaser for my new original OC

Please do not steal.

13 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sparks of Hope is on hold *cough*

I will return to it...this week to try and finish it lol

Loogi is not pleased.

Loogi has you in his sights.

13 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The real one that might get dropped is Utawaresomething. Just can't stomache it's gameplay, really

Really fell for that "Trails lovers will love this" Trap. Again. I even bought the whole trilogy kek

It didn't take enough games to introduce the world?

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

You know Rubenio, I don't think you ever continued Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright...

Yes, and it's too bad, because I have other things to play right now.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Correct me if I remember wrong, but wasn't the idea that Clanne, Framme and Vandad were Alear's children?

7 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Fates is a brilliant masterpiece in the same way The Room is.

3 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Turns out the fellow on Pixiv with all the Vestaria Saga art still has a blog up that goes quite a bit further back.
20200122141841.jpg

Is that friggin' Alvina? Someone's taken some liberties, she didn't look nearly that stacked.

Vester in the background's perfect, though. I can totally imagine him doing that. Before he slips and tumbles into the sea, forcing Alvina to save him before he drowns. In exactly 24 turns.

3 hours ago, BrightBow said:

And later, I suppose. At least I am pretty sure this one is not on Pixiv. It's mostly VS1 stuff.
20200809225712.png

Oh hey, it's... the guy. Ouron? Maybe? All I remember is that he was the biggest case of "I'm screwed over by my starting equipment" since Binding Blade's Echidna. Dude gets doubled due to his shitty-ass starting bow lol

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

What's with everyone's obsession with making sommie buff?

Dental appointment this morning.🦷 Nerves are 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬. I haven't failed in years, yet just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean you can't have messed up. I always feel like this.

15 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I will return to it...this week to try and finish it lol

How I feel with soooooo many games.😆

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

You know, it is genuinely wild how almost nobody is noticing the Link Between Worlds/Tears of the Kingdom parallels.

I haven't paid a lick of attention to TotK, so I can't say I'd notice any parallels.

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

Incredible how a blank slate spirit went through so many redesigns.

At least it sorta makes sense for the reasons I gave. And the designs generally are in agreement of a slim female form with elements of the Master Sword integrated most of the time, so there was a clear idea from the start. Nonetheless, we can see there sure was more than one way to spin that basic design concept.

Also, it put in the mood for flip back through the XCX artbook.😅 Seems like we weren't supposed to who the unused "Origin Form" was going to belong to. But the redaction blackout could be seen through in that one instance, revealing L's name -not sure if this blackening mistake was intentional or not.

...And more on the XCX artbook, the very limited bits of translation I found has a piece of Cauldros art with the words "Old Wroth" in the upper left corner. So, seems like Cauldros might have been a Wrothian homeworld in the initial multi-planetary scenario draft. (Were all XCX regions originally different species' home planets? -We can't answer that. But Noctilum as originally the Nopon planet would make speculative sense.) And those Nielnail bosses that you can fight in the time attack terminal? Those long pointy things over their heads are masts, Logic Drive masts. Which the translator points out is written exactly the same as the Xenosaga term.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, what do you mean I'm fighting Death already? He's the fourth to last boss!? Well, technically, since I'm pretty sure you can do the Underground Waterway long already, but the intended path is to head here first...

Third and second bosses are exclusively CotM enemies, so it makes sense. Death is Drac's loyal servant and matchmaker in Castlevania, but he shows up in like every game, he can't and shouldn't always occupy the penultimate slot.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I haven't paid a lick of attention to TotK, so I can't say I'd notice any parallels.

In terms of the gameplay. Both are games that are reusing the same maps, what changes is how you approach them thanks to the brand new mechanics.

Basically, Zelda team has done this before and proved it can be done.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But Noctilum as originally the Nopon planet would make speculative sense.

The Orpheans make more sense imo.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Vester in the background's perfect, though. I can totally imagine him doing that. Before he slips and tumbles into the sea, forcing Alvina to save him before he drowns. In exactly 24 turns.

That artist does like to do fun background action. It's wonderful.
vsep1-cs009.png

Oh hey, it's... the guy. Ouron? Maybe? All I remember is that he was the biggest case of "I'm screwed over by my starting equipment" since Binding Blade's Echidna. Dude gets doubled due to his shitty-ass starting bow lol

That and his horse can run up mountains.

The Technical Bow is nice. There are preciously few bows with decent accuracy.

Just now, BrightBow said:

That artist does like to do fun background action. It's wonderful.
vsep1-cs009.png

That's just missing Bennette walking up the cliff to destroy the entire enemy force.

Lovely art. Kinda looks rather like it was made on Paint? Pretty impressive, if so.

Just now, BrightBow said:

That and his horse can run up mountains.

The Technical Bow is nice. There are preciously few bows with decent accuracy.

That's true, but with that bow he can't kill anything by himself, and is in fact likely to get doubled and murdered in turn. Which is pretty bad in his joining chapter specifically. You want him to be somewhat independent since he's going to be racing ahead of the team, due to, well, the first thing you said.

In my second run I definitely saw his potential with clearer eyes, but you have to know to bring an extra bow to 6x for him. There are situations in which the technical bow is great, but 6x is very much not one of them.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
Zephia time

And don't forget Vandad

Hahaha, not involved in that, sad to say.

Correct me if I remember wrong, but wasn't the idea that Clanne, Framme and Vandad were Alear's children?

Yeah, we did, heh.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Third and second bosses are exclusively CotM enemies, so it makes sense. Death is Drac's loyal servant and matchmaker in Castlevania, but he shows up in like every game, he can't and shouldn't always occupy the penultimate slot.

Sure, it shakes things up. Still weird/funny, though.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Sorry, but no one ever looks forward to chapter 17.

avs093.jpg

Kind of ashamed I can't remember who that is. VS1?

...Ahh yeah, just looked it up. A miniboss in the prison chapter, right. Sheesh, it has been such a long time since I played this game. Really oughta replay VS1 one of these days, seriously...