Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh hey, Live a Live is coming to PC. This one I'm most likely not double-dipping on, but still. PC gets kino, becoming slightly more correct videogame platform.

Also I hadn't heard, but back in September they confirmed 500k sales. Probably higher by now, which would put it at double the sales the original had. JRPG folks, enlighten me. That a good number? This is such a weird-ass, niche game that I couldn't expect it to do that well.

...Seriously, it still blows my mind that Live a Live: The Remake exists. The original is almost 30 years old, not the most unknown but still very much unknown, a sales failure, a weird experiment that's very much not a safe bet money-wise... It's utterly unbelievable that it got remade over, say, another Chrono Trigger or FF6 re-release.

Oh, finally! It paid to wait, hehe.

CT got several ports instead, that's why. Next one may be a HD one to follow suit, perhaps.

FFVI also got ports, and a cancelled 3D remake like III and IV got. Perhaps one day...

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also TIL there's a user called "wraithsgirlfriend"

I wonder for how much longer he was going to keep it a secret.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

peak anime

I also generally don't let the brigands kill the helpless woman.

The funniest thing about this route is that like, half the tertiary cast has a beef of some kind with the Land of Racism, for various reasons. So I'm watching their side stories, where they recount and express these beefs, as I force them to fight to ensure the Land of Racism's tight-fisted hold on the entire continent for centuries to come.

We're the good guys!

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

damsel in distress? Just the right Kaga style of anime 😛 

Yeah, because that trope has never come up in western storytelling like, ever. :lol:

And wait, are you now blaming Elibe FE on Kaga, too? Did I miss something?

13 minutes ago, ping said:

And wait, are you now blaming Elibe FE on Kaga, too? Did I miss something?

I mean, isn't Elibe trying to emulate Archanea? Mostly Binding Blade, but still...

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I mean  if Kaga didn't leave we wouldn't have gotten Elibe

It follows that you should praise Kaga every day to thank him for Engage, then

Actually, did you hate Kaga Emblem? It's sometimes difficult to follow who hates what in this threat except that the folks with good taste hate anime.

7 minutes ago, ping said:

did you hate Kaga Emblem?

nah i am fine with Kaga Emblem. I like both modern and Kaga. 

Although with Kaga i generally mean from FE4 on. Not big on Marth or Valentia games either

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

RDT_20230330_0808562983819089459470241.j

@Saint Rubenio @Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for the bolded the above chatter, maybe Monolith should pay attention.😉

They've done it in small doses, what with the reused Gormott map (and Xenoblade 3's DLC is presumably reusing a portion of Aionios). But never something as big as the whole world.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You should automatically receive Dimitri's flute. 

Rather than go dancing mad, you could check the Horon Village shop. If it isn't selling a flute, then it means that yes, you'll be automatically getting Dimitri's.

Gotcha, I'll check the shop to be sure.

I do have the Boomerang btw.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I like how there are, like, two photos of Kaga and they're both iconic.

And incredibly low quality.

17 minutes ago, ping said:

Actually, did you hate Kaga Emblem? It's sometimes difficult to follow who hates what in this threat

Hi.

26 minutes ago, ping said:

It's sometimes difficult to follow who hates what in this threat

Collectively, we hate the entire series, I'm pretty sure.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

One that's always stuck out to me is bigot. You add an e and all of sudden you got mustache in Spanish. How'd that happen?

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hi.

Stay in the back, Armagon. It is not your time.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One that's always stuck out to me is bigot. You add an e and all of sudden you got mustache in Spanish. How'd that happen?

Guy who just learned Spanish: "I like bigotes. ....why are you all looking at me like that?"

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Stay in the back, Armagon. It is not your time.

It's always Armagon Time.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Collectively, we hate the entire series, I'm pretty sure

I think if there's one game that nobody hates here it would be...FE8

I think. Not sure lol

Nah why Link gotta pay the moblins to stop them from harassing Dimitri when he can just kill them like usual?

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I think. Not sure lol

Nobody hates BSFE either on account that nobody's played it.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I wonder if we'd manage to collectively like the entire series, too. OG Gaiden might be a hard find.

Although I like to make the point that I had fun with literally every FE that I've played. To varying degrees, but still. So if there's one of the Gaiden fans (surely there's at least 37 of them worldwide) around, that would already go pretty far.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's always Armagon Time.

It'll be Armagon Time when I say it's Armagon Time.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I think. Not sure lol

Yeah, I think that might be it. I don't believe anyone has particularly strong feelings for it here (maybe 06? not sure), but on the other hand that also means nobody truly hates it. It's inoffensive. Which, really, is a good way to describe FE8 lol

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah why Link gotta pay the moblins to stop them from harassing Dimitri when he can just kill them like usual?

Every last one of them, perhaps?

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nobody hates BSFE either on account that nobody's played it.

Wrong. I've played it. I mean, for fuck's sake, Armagon, how could I not have played it? It has me in it!

5 minutes ago, ping said:

I wonder if we'd manage to collectively like the entire series, too. OG Gaiden might be a hard find.

Pretty sure I'm the only one who has played OG Gaiden here.

...It's... something. Sadly, it wasn't the surprise hit that FE1 was. One of these days I oughta throw it on the sig, but I'm unsure if it goes below or above Echoes. Being objective, I probably should throw it below. It's pretty much the same game, but very slow, even on emulator, which is terrible given Gaiden's peculiarities. FE1 got away with it due to its surprisingly solid map design, but Gaiden suffers greatly because it's a huge bore of a game.

On the other hand, it may only have one page of script per chapter, but like, 80% of Echoes's additions only served to worsen the story, so I kinda don't want to put it above Gaiden.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What are we, the Borg?

9 minutes ago, ping said:

I mean, you can count on me not hating any given game. I've had fun playing through them all so far. Even when individual elements exist, they've not made me hate any given game as a whole.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's a Secret to Everybody