Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Dayni said:

I took part in the BB succession game and lost 5 people and the will to live in universe, you do not want me.

No no, I mean, what are you waiting for to play Berwick Saga? I mean, I know what, but I am legally obligated to be a jerk about Berwick Saga

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ah the pot chapter?

be faster xD 

The ninjas behind you shouldn't even matter. You shouldn't even have to battle them

They were apothecaries, the ninja were in front of my and randomly started charging.

I wanted to play faster but that front room in front of Ryoma is jam packed with enemies.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, now. I have never played Revelation and I know absolutely nothing about it, but because people have told me it's bad and ugly, I am qualified to claim that both GBAFE titles, 6 and 8, are better than it by a longshot.

How much do you like one off gimmicks that entire maps revolve around for I kid you not almost every chapter? What if I told you that almost all of them only hindered progression instead of being a tool to progress? And that it was filled with a contrived narrative and tons of characters who are basically useless, along with the game very not subtly hinting at you to use a specific team while giving you like 50+ units?

Definitely peaks your interest right? /s

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

How much do you like one off gimmicks that entire maps revolve around for I kid you not almost every chapter? What if I told you that almost all of them only hindered progression instead of being a tool to progress? And that it was filled with a contrived narrative and tons of characters who are basically useless, along with the game very not subtly hinting at you to use a specific team while giving you like 50+ units?

Definitely peaks your interest right?

flashbacks to the ice block map

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Use pots to nerf them

You can also go from the side!

When you’ve been breaking every pot with the dragon vein before entering

The poison pots are very very scary though. Half HP for the rest of the map? No thank you.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

flashbacks to the ice block map

Remembers the sheer tedium of the sliding block map. And the elevator map.

At least there was that one time they gave you moveable blockades, the one thing I want to return and it was in Soleil's paralogue anyway.

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The problem with Berwick Saga is that it becomes difficult to play anything else. It's too good.

I have to agree. During both of my first runs, I didn't play anything else other than BWS from start to finish. Few games have managed that. Heck, the only reason I'm not doing that with my third run is that LPing delays me. And even so, I'm mantaining a faster pace in this LP than in the past two!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Use pots to nerf them

...Okay, what am I even reading now? Why does Conquest have a map where you throw pots at people?

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

When you’ve been breaking every pot with the dragon vein before entering

Might not be the smartest idea to do that

Infact i cleared that map on lunatic without using a single dragon vein as i could than time which pot to use when

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Okay, what am I even reading now? Why does Conquest have a map where you throw pots at people?

xD

You don't throw haha

There are pots on the map with various effects. You gotta use them to your advantage. Sounds gimmicky on paper but is actually really fun

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You’re at this place that’s known for having like every ingredient for medicine known to man because a party member of yours is very sick. There are pots with medicine and poison around the map, if you break the pots with medicine anyone within two spaces of the pot will get a buff and if you break any pots with poison anyone within two spaces will get a debuff.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

There are pots on the map with various effects. You gotta use them to your advantage. Sounds gimmicky on paper but is actually really fun

I would disagree, there are so many that they block your path very frequently.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There are pots on the map with various effects. 

Bad.

Very bad.

You're weak, IntSys. Give me a map where I get to throw pots at people. That would get me to buy your next title! Uh... maybe. Depends on how much it resembles Berwick Saga.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I would have hoped destroying medical supplies would be considered a war crime of sort.

Can't break war crimes if they haven't been invented yet.

*taps head*

I’m gonna attempt it again! I still feeling breaking all the pots is a better strategy to just rush through, got to get out/kill Ryoma in that sixteen turns.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, with Code Name S.T.E.A.M., they essentially made an entire game around Berwick Saga's Overwatch mechanic.

There better not be any enemies with hide and chu-ko-nus, too...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Sadly i don't think we will get anything with the same turn system ever again. A shame because i actually liked that and would've liked it seen developed further

A shame indeed. But we'll always have Berwick Saga.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Can't break war crimes if they haven't been invented yet.

*taps head*

Does this justify turning Yubello into a warlord, though?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I’m gonna attempt it again! I still feeling breaking all the pots is a better strategy to just rush through, got to get out/kill Ryoma in that sixteen turns.

Hmm. Maybe before breaking the pots trying taking out the enemies behind them with Archers/ Mages.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There better not be any enemies with hide and chu-ko-nus, too...

Well, most weapons fire multiple shots at once in that game. As for Hide, don't actually remember if there are enemies with camouflage or not. Either way you can still blast them.

Edited by BrightBow