Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know, replaying Fates made me realize i really really really want Attack stance to return. I love it.

I didn’t know until this play through, but I would agree only if pair up/defense stance returns as well, although I’m on the fence as to whether or not I like it tbh.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t know until this play through, but I would agree only if pair up/defense stance returns as well, although I’m on the fence as to whether or not I like it tbh.

Maybe without the op stat boosts, but only as a way to counter attack stance and movement

Edited by Shrimperor

34 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

He only has his good res and speed going for him, really.

Well, and capture, but his ATK is so patheticlly weak he can't do that properly

I've never gotten much use out of the capture mechanic, in all honesty.
Seemed kinda pointless.

I liked it more in FE5.

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean he’s basically necessary to deal with the mages in his joining chapter on harder difficulties. And of course capture. So he at least has some use.

Reveal hidden contents

plus if anyone deserves to get whatever the male equivalent of widowed is, it’s him

My reaction to the spoiler:
tenor.gif

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

fO2QTaw.png

I_love_Ophelia.png

Shrimpy x Ophelia OTP

26 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Niles?

Absolutely

tumblr_osvnwnQ3oy1t6y3efo2_400.jpg

Yes.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, people like Fates mechanics? Huh, I personally dont.

*Conquest is peak fe gameplay talk*

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I've never gotten much use out of the capture mechanic, in all honesty.
Seemed kinda pointless.

I liked it more in FE5.

I’m gonna be completely honest here:

I only use it because I feel obligated to capture all the capture-able named characters.

I can see it having its uses in lunatic (conquest, at the very least) since enemy skills are very common on generics.

I mean they are on hard conquest as well, but generics typically don’t have more than one skill, at least at my part in the game.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Hard disagree. But that's imo, so *shrugs*

I was making fun of that line xD

You won’t have to worry about a thesis on Conquest until after I beat the game (again)! xD

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

*Conquest is peak fe gameplay talk*

I'm with lightcosmo on this one.
"Peak" gameplay doesn't crush my soul so hard it makes me almost give up on a franchise I like.

But that's just me. I'm hoping the same won't happen to you and you'll come out the other end having had a good time! ^^

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m gonna be completely honest here:

I only use it because I feel obligated to capture all the capture-able named characters.

I did this once, and then proceeded to never use any of them. xD
After that, I decided that it's not worth the hassle, especially if I have to deploy two units for it I don't even like using to do it.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm considering playing something else, myself.
There are a lot of better games that still need completing.
Games I won't complain about as much.

291715015000588292.png?v=1

Same, really though.

stares into the void that is his backlog

Although tbh, my backlog isn't that big. It just feels overwhelming because I lose focus on games so easily. xD

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

*Radiant Dawn is peak FE gameplay talk*

Kz5vqqk.jpg

And yes I know you're joking. xD

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Although tbh, my backlog isn't that big. It just feels overwhelming because I lose focus on games so easily. xD

Same these days, actually. xD
Although my backlog is rather sizeable... some games I haven't even gotten yet.
Eep.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Thracia really incentivizes capture due to low resources. That's why I think it works so well there.

Yep, agreed!
And you don't have to envy that one enemy unit with a non-droppable weapon you would have wanted. You can just capture them and take it!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

>Radiant Dawn
>Peak gameplay
>Part 4 exists

you sayin something? Those are, without match, the worst chapters in all of FE

I...uh...actually liked those chapters, hehe.

I generally don't mind rout maps, and I thought that those were actually well done.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I...uh...actually liked those chapters, hehe.

I generally don't mind rout maps, and I thought that those were actually well done.

Different tastes and all xD

But honestly, i almost dropped Radiant Dawn there. Those Maps i really really really hate.

Rout + reinforcements ugggggggh

I actually enjoyed Radiant Dawn's Part 4 myself.
It let me use some units and unit combinations I wasn't able to before, which I liked.

And I also like how you can rearrange your teams the way you want to. It's pretty great!
I once did a run where I gave all the horse units to Tibarn and all the fliers to Micaiah, for example. (The desert chapter is so much easier with a crapton of fliers. xD)

Edited by DragonFlames

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>Part 4 exists

you sayin something? Those are, without match, the worst chapters in all of FE

I find part 3 to be worse, myself. Part 4 is extremely tedious, but part 3 is just as tedious and on top of that, almost all of the available units are well-trained from the get-go, so I'm just watching the game play itself veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slowly. At least in part 4 I could break the monotony by doing something stupid like training Fiona or something. Part 3 was almost as much of a snoozefest as PoR was.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

And I also like how you can rearrange your teams the way you want to. It's pretty great!
I once did a run where I gave all the horse units to Tibarn and all the fliers to Micaiah, for example. (The desert chapter is so much easier with a crapton of fliers. xD)

Going off of my limited Tellius knowledge: does this mean you can assign every character to any of the different parties (like greil mercenaries (if they’re even in that one) and... that’s actually the only one I know)).

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Going off of my limited Tellius knowledge: does this mean you can assign every character to any of the different parties (like greil mercenaries (if they’re even in that one) and... that’s actually the only one I know)).

Yep!
There are some characters relevant to the story you can't switch around, and you can't change in the middle of Part 4 (you arrange your parties at the beginning of it), but otherwise, you have complete freedom.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yep!
There are some characters relevant to the story you can't switch around, and you can't change in the middle of Part 4 (you arrange your parties at the beginning of it), but otherwise, you have complete freedom.

It sounds good. If only the game didn’t require you to win the lottery to play it legally...

Edited by Sooks