Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

The first map with reinforcements is chapter 5

Wrong.

Just to be sure

We talking FE11 or 12 here? Because i am talking 12, and reinforcements appear way before chapter 5, including the prologue maps

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

We talking FE11 or 12 here? Because i am talking 12, and reinforcements appear way before chapter 5, including the prologue maps

Oh. I'm talking 11. I haven't played 12.

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Divine Pulse or Mila's Turnwheel is the next best thing for undoing mistakes or rethinking strategy.

I beg to differ. DSFE's save points are the best in my opinion. You have to actually think before you use them, incorporate them into your strategy, so to speak; and they feel a bit more satisfying to use, since you have to earn them and set up a safe situation to use them. Divine Pulse is absurdly broken, you can undo literally anything, that's too much in my opinion.

24 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

(which RD did, perfectly I might add),

Remembers cheesing Titania's death in 3-5 because there was nobody to help her

Being a stupid in 1-3

Save abuse on Dheginsea out of sheer terror (which never was used because it actually was first try)

The BLOODY PITFALL MAP

Perfect's not the word I'd use, this is encouraging bad behaviour.

@Saint RubenioI think if the DS system didn't require you to be at specific points in the map that would be a fair compromise (Limited saves per map, but not fixed in place)

Edited by Dayni

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Divine Pulse is absurdly broken, you can undo literally anything, that's too much in my opinion.

“Literally anything you say?” -Three Houses’ devs

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I beg to differ. DSFE's save points are the best in my opinion. You have to actually think before you use them, incorporate them into your strategy, so to speak; and they feel a bit more satisfying to use, since you have to earn them and set up a safe situation to use them. Divine Pulse is absurdly broken, you can undo literally anything, that's too much in my opinion.

To be fair, those games arent quite as difficult as they have game breaking units left and right.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, fair enough. DSFE's save points are basically a form of battle saves anyway, if unnecessarily limited.

You should be able to save at any time, but still be forced to strategize on every turn. Battle saves allow for fixing mistakes without abusing them like DP and the Turnwheel do. No other system has matched it. It can't be abused, but it's not so restrictive that you have to play larger portions of a map or the whole map because of one mistake.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

To be fair, those games arent quite as difficult as they have game breaking units left and right.

FE11 has gamebreaking units left and right? 12, sure, I can't deny that. But 11? Everyone kinda sucks in 11...

Also, isn't Three Houses even worse in this respect? Everyone's a growth unit, so the earlygame is awful until they all get broken and then the game stops posing a challenge.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Well, fair enough. DSFE's save points are basically a form of battle saves anyway, if unnecessarily limited.

You should be able to save at any time, but still be forced to strategize on every turn. Battle saves allow for fixing mistakes without abusing them like DP and the Turnwheel do. No other system has matched it. It can't be abused, but it's not so restrictive that you have to play larger portions of a map or the whole map because of one mistake.

Oh yeah, I do agree that DP is at least better than nothing. After playing DSFE, KagaSaga, etc. going back to GBA is painful.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Really, having to replay large stretches of a game because of one mistake is a trend I wish would die out completely in gaming. The player shouldn't be punished and forced to retread what they've already proven themselves capable of doing simply because they screwed up one time. Trends like that are why mechanics like Divine Pulse were even added to FE, as potentially abusable as it is.

Although tbh, 3H hard has always proven difficult enough that I burn through my DP charges pretty quickly, haha.

You know what would be funny.

A game giving you that same "you can use this to turn back time" spiel... but then also gives you a warning of not using it lightly. Thinking it's just for story stuff, you don't think much of it. Then you use it... and it sends you to the Skyrim cart back to the beginning of the game. And it autosaves. Now that would be quite something to pull off...

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE11 has gamebreaking units left and right? 12, sure, I can't deny that. But 11? Everyone kinda sucks in 11...

Sedgar and Wolf can trivialise huge chunks of 11 and Caeda has the forged wing spear to obliterate almost anything that exists. 

Just did c13 of BWS ironman. WHY AM I GOOD AT ALL THE HARD MAPS BUT LOSE 2 UNITS TO THE GODDAMN FOOD MISSION!?

7 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Sedgar and Wolf can trivialise huge chunks of 11 and Caeda has the forged wing spear to obliterate almost anything that exists. 

Right... I don't usually consider Caeda a "gamebreaking" unit because she dies if anything looks at her funny. And also because I'm bad and don't forge the wing spear.

Just now, Spara said:

Just did c13 of BWS ironman. WHY AM I GOOD AT ALL THE HARD MAPS BUT LOSE 2 UNITS TO THE GODDAMN FOOD MISSION!?

I often ask myself that question... I think it has something to do with expecting things to go awry in hard maps, so you are more focused. In the easy maps, you let yourself relax, which is a bad idea.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Right... I don't usually consider Caeda a "gamebreaking" unit because she dies if anything looks at her funny. And also because I'm bad and don't forge the wing spear.

A large part of "optimal" FE11 is the whole forged weapons are absolutely gamebreaking thing.

Anyway the best FE is Pokémon Conquest, without a doubt

Just now, Pengaius said:

Anyway the best FE is Pokémon Conquest, without a doubt

I disagree, I believe there is a game that is superior. A wicked saga called...

FE8, obviously. It has Moulder in it. Boulder is best waifu, so FE8 best game.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I often ask myself that question... I think it has something to do with expecting things to go awry in hard maps, so you are more focused. In the easy maps, you let yourself relax, which is a bad idea.

Makes sense. I'm still surprised I managed to clear 11 through 13 with only one death.

Just now, Benice said:

Ugh...

Well, PoR time. I said that I'd finish it...

If you dislike the game that much, please don't feel like you have to finish it. I can't imagine playing it at 15 fps would be a pleasant experience anyway.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If you dislike the game that much, please don't feel like you have to finish it. I can't imagine playing it at 15 fps would be a pleasant experience anyway.

If Shadow Dragon and Berwick Saga can be my favorites while running at 15 fps, FE9 still can as well if the lategame is better.

EDIT: Also, it seems to be running at about 30 fps, so not bad.

Edited by Benice

Just now, Benice said:

If Shadow Dragon and Berwick Saga can be my favorites while running at 15 fps, FE9 still can as well if the lategame is better.

I honestly don't know how you can even play a game at such an abysmal frame rate.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy it.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I honestly don't know how you can even play a game at such an abysmal frame rate.

In the case of Berwick, it's because the action never stops-no long enemy phases to wait through. In SD, I can skip enemy phase which cuts a lot of time.

Just now, Benice said:

In the case of Berwick, it's because the action never stops-no long enemy phases to wait through. In SD, I can skip enemy phase which cuts a lot of time.

But still...15 fps? That's unplayable.