• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I knew that Lowen was in Project Ember but it has come to my attention that the creator of this hack is apparently a filthy Lowen/Rebecca shipper, because Lowen has a convo with Wolt where he explicitly calls him his son. As Wil/Rebecca is the only pairing regarding those two characters that is acceptable by law, i'm afraid i'm gonna to call every agency on the planet. Because shipping Rebecca with anyone other than Wil is punishable by 10,000 years in maximum security time prison.

Agreed, though I'll put the crook on parole.

The RebeccaxLowen "rural girl and her knight in not-so-shining armor" setup is slightly comedic, but it's naught before the RebeccaxWil pre-established childhood friendship and shared bond with Dan/Dart.

7 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I did it...

qRYvV8e.png

I see your preferences, much agreed with my own, especially A tier. Though I'm not that charmed by Airi, and I'd move Makoto up a tier. I'm still delaying on starting Triangulum, so I can't judge Miyako yet. 

So, i'm gonna go on a rant about Smash Ultimate's "balance" right now.

1: They need to add landing lag to aerials again, honestly. Keep in mind this comes from someone who plays a virtually lagless character as well, so no bias. 

So someone attacks me with an aerial and i block it cause i predicted it. Well, their attack is -2 on shield and with 7 or so frames of landing lag, suddenly i'm punished for choosing the correct option. It shouldn't be that way, it's stupid. Let's punish the player for choosing the right option! Balance/10 right there.

2: Free conversions need a nerf. Damage output is way to high in this game. Most D-Throws----> aerials do anywhere from 20-30 damage on average. That's too much, imo. Especially for something that's way too easy to pull off. 

3: Ass boxes need to be fixed. Attacks hit from very far behind where the hitboxes should be, and it's unfair that i'm punished for getting behind, say, Roy, and he hits me with a f-air from 2 leagues behind him. Like... what?

4: There needs to be a reason to engage the opponent. I'm guilty of this as well, so yeah. Faster characters that are in the lead... just can run all day long. and with no lag, you can't punish them at all. This makes the game "boring" when it becomes a chase down for one side. Playing online, i was running from a player for almost 3 minutes because i had no reason to engage. this is bad design, and ruins the "fun" aspect.

5: I frames. These need to be reduced on attacks, like wtf. Frame 1 invincible on Dolphin Slash? That's busted, hands down. I main Lucina and i think it should be nerfed, if not outright taken out.

6: Air speed. This also needs a reduction to make it more difficult to recover. This also fixes the "free combos" issues as well. 

7: super armor. Another gimmick that makes advancing boring. getting hit? yeah, armor says nope! 

8: DI. Getting out of certain attacks is nearly impossible because there is shit DI. implement Melee/PM/Brawl's version please.

...and that's it for now. more later.

Edit: All Smash games have issues, sure but this one just multiplied them by 10 and went overboard. 

TLDR: stop giving characters free combos/recoveries/outs and the game will be more fun, i can guarantee it.

Edited by lightcosmo

Maxed out Gunter before getting to Mozu's Paralogue...
such is the power of DLC and My Castle.

If anyone's playing Conquest or Rev and wants to use Gunter, the one in My Castle has some good skills that might help (like Trample and Shurikenbreaker).
It's a European version, though, so...

For some reason, I started a "grind all the things and get skillz!" thing in Rev.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Fire Emblem: Extreme Eugenics xD

That aspect is actually pretty fun, I will admit. xD

Planning out different builds and such... I actually like doing that, be it Awakening or Fates.

Enjoy! 

Thanks! ^^

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Planning out different builds and such... I actually like doing that, be it Awakening or Fates

It definetly is part of the fun xD

Discarding all morals to get the best kids possible? My jam xD

Well, I'm still mostly doing the supports I like for each character and see where it goes from there. At least for the ones I actually care about. xD
Also, you should S-support Ophelia. Kana with Ophelia as a mom is... quite the powerhouse. I would consider doing the same, but I picked Dark Mage talent, sooooo....

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

For some reason, I started a "grind all the things and get skillz!" thing in Rev.

Hope you enjoy it!

One thing I did like about Revelation was how sandbox-y it felt. Made it fun to do all sorts of different things, and use both the Hoshidan and Nohrian characters I liked in one run.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, you should S-support Ophelia. Kana with Ophelia as a mom is... quite the powerhouse. I would consider doing the same, but I picked Dark Mage talent, sooooo....

Yup imma trying that haha great minds think alike

I always heard about the powerful Ophelia!Kana, but never tried one myself. So let's how Powerful this Kana is.

Poor Lissa already a Great Grandma while still so young xD

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Planning out different builds and such... I actually like doing that, be it Awakening or Fates.

Thanks! ^^

I’ve never felt compelled enough in any of the games to go through five branches to get different skills for different kids and such. Maybe I would on Lunatic, though.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It definetly is part of the fun xD

Elise x Corrin OTP

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

One thing I did like about Revelation was how sandbox-y it felt. Made it fun to do all sorts of different things, and use both the Hoshidan and Nohrian characters I liked in one run.

You did a Felicia solo? How did that go? xD

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks!
So far, I actually am.

After this, I'm considering doing the same for Awakening.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

One thing I did like about Revelation was how sandbox-y it felt.

Yeah, same.
If only the map design were a bit better.

Yup imma trying that haha great minds think alike

Nice! ^^

I always heard about the powerful Ophelia!Kana, but never tried one myself. So let's how Powerful this Kana is.

I had good experiences with it before. My Conquest Normal playthrough was a breeze thanks to her. xD

Poor Lissa already a Great Grandma while still so young xD

That's the best part! XD

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ve never felt compelled enough in any of the games to go through five branches to get different skills for different kids and such. Maybe I would on Lunatic, though.

There is no reason other than "for the hell of it", really.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Elise x Corrin OTP

You joke, but i once had an Elise!Kana. Was super strong, especially with Leo's blade. 

Sadly, died on the final map and so did 70% of the team on the hard no reset run. But was MVP and probably saved my ass on that run.