Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Man, those 2 Spenthrift archers on that Map...

37 ATK

When most of my units have 4-17 Def and ~25 HP XD

Yeah, they're... awful to deal with.
Merchants and Apothecaries in general are annoying to fight. They're way too beefy. xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

They trivalize the game waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

Well, put another way, you could say they make the game go by faster.
Which, considering FE4's Prologue was tedious and boring enough to put this dragon to sleep, can only be a good thing.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, they're... awful to deal with.
Merchants and Apothecaries in general are annoying to fight. They're way too beefy. xD

They are only annoying if you try to Enemy Phase them, as then they use Spenthrift and get +10 ATK and DEF/RES.

Which is wew, even if they can only use it 1-3Times/Map.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is the effect of each pot rng?

Well, kinda but not really?

You can see which pots are buffs and which are debuffs, but you won't know the exact buffs/debuffs.

Doesn't matter much as in the end you want to use the buffs for yourself while apply debuffs on enemy

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Well, put another way, you could say they make the game go by faster.
Which, considering FE4's Prologue was tedious and boring enough to put this dragon to sleep, can only be a good thing.

I would argue OP units trivializing the game is one of the surest ways to make the game into a waste of time. I mean, if all you're doing is move Seth forward and watch him do things, why play the game at all?

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They are only annoying if you try to Enemy Phase them, as then they use Spenthrift and get +10 ATK and DEF/RES.

Which is wew, even if they can only use it 1-3Times/Map.

I found them a pain in the ass on both phases, since them being as beefy as they are meant I could rarely kill them in one round, after which they would attack me on enemy phase.
And since they were almost always grouped with other annoying crap, I could rarely, if ever, position my units in such a way to use attack stance without wasting a unit's turn not killing one of the other annoying crap, after which said annoying crap would go and do annoying crap things.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I would argue OP units trivializing the game is one of the surest ways to make the game into a waste of time. I mean, if all you're doing is move Seth forward and watch him do things, why play the game at all?

Oh, I don't disagree!
My response was more on the facetious side, making a joke of how FE4 desperately needs something to speed it up to avoid boring me to death.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Oh, I agree!
My response was more on the facetious side, making a joke of how FE4 desperately needs something to speed it up or else it bores me to tears.

I see... Seriously, one of these days I gotta try FE4. It's outrageous! It's unfair! How can you be a Kaga elitist, and not have played FE4?

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They trivalize the game waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To both of these: also consider that everyone isnt great at strategy so they decided to give worse players a bit of a break. 

And I mean if your going to argue that they break the game, slot of things do that in FE. Whether its units/weapons/classes. 

I mean, cavs trivialize GBA FEs by that logic.

B4T2xgM.png

Why you shouldn't enemy phase them unless you calculate everything exactly XD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

since them being as beefy as they are meant I could rarely kill them in one round

Very rarely are units both physically and magically beefy in conquest. When in doubt, Attack Stance = more actions.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

position my units in such a way to use attack stance

Why Archers are actually good in Conquest: Their 2 Range and Bows having Axe Mt and Lance hit allows them to pwn and position correctly.

Conquest is one of the games where i find Archers very useful, despite not having access to longer range

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I mean, cavs trivialize GBA FEs by that logic.

And i consider GBA FE to be the worst FE for many many reasons. 

FE 6 makes me want to throw my PC due hitrates and surprise bullshit, FE7 makes me wanna sleep, FE8 as well without a difficulty patch

Rev > GBA FE. Atleast Rev has the whole sandbox thing going for it

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Very rarely are units both physically and magically beefy in conquest. When in doubt, Attack Stance = more actions.

They were certainly annoying enough in both for me.

Why Archers are actually good in Conquest: Their 2 Range and Bows having Axe Mt and Lance hit allows them to pwn and position correctly.

Unless they can't hit for shit.
*glares at Niles*

Conquest is one of the games where i find Archers very useful, despite not having access to longer range

This is true.
Unless they're named Niles.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

To both of these: also consider that everyone isnt great at strategy so they decided to give worse players a bit of a break.

Personally, I think the best way to go about this is not to give the player broken units, but to design proper difficulty levels. DSFE did it best, I believe. Both 11 and 12 have great difficulties, there's something for everyone. FE's problem is that most games suck at balancing their difficulties.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And i consider GBA FE to be the worst FE for many many reasons. 

FE 6 makes me want to throw my PC due hitrates and surprise bullshit, FE7 makes me wanna sleep, FE8 as well without a difficulty patch

Rev > GBA FE. Atleast Rev has the whole sandbox thing going for it

Curious, have you ever played FFT before? Since you like difficulty so much, I think I know the perfect mod for you. You want to test your brain? Well this mod does that to the extreme.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

*glares at Niles*

NXDtx3b.png

Kore ga, Bowzu no Densetsu da!

Also Quick Draw = 34 ATK on Player Phase.

Highest ATK on the Team for sure xD

And i didn't even promote yet haha. Will probably go Sniper to pick Skills then go Kinshi Knight, maybe. Might even give her Aether Scroll if her skill keeps being through the roof

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

DSFE did it best, I believe. Both 11 and 12 have great difficulties, there's something for everyone.

Did someone say Ambush spawns?

Edited by Shrimperor

DSFE did ambush spawns the best out of any game. it is very unfortunate that they're there to begin with, but at least in SD, there's been exactly one obnoxious ambush spawn.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Curious, have you ever played FFT before? Since you like difficulty so much, I think I know the perfect mod for you. You want to test your brain? Well this mod does that to the extreme.

I don't have a good track record with SE. Every game i tried from SE i drop, very fast

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

DSFE did ambush spawns the best out of any game.

Very very hard disagree there

Only Conquest of all FE did difficulty right imo. 

Edited by Shrimperor

Did someone say Ambush spawns?

I'll take ambush spawns as an unfortunate blunder when the game is otherwise well designed and the difficulties are properly balanced. The rest of the games don't have such robust difficulty settings.

Also don't forget that Three Houses also has ambush spawns in the hardest difficulty (worse than DSFE at that), except in that game the difficulty balance is garbage and makes me unable to enjoy it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

NXDtx3b.png

Kore ga, Bowzo no Densetsu da!

Also Quick Draw = 34 ATK on Player Phase.

Highest ATK on the Team for sure xD

And i didn't even promote yet haha. Will probably go Sniper to pick Skills then go Kinshi Knight, maybe. Might even give her Aether Scroll if her skill keeps being through the roof

Oh, I know how powerful Bowzu is!
10 move Kinshi Knight Mozu trivialized Rev (and made it kinda fun at the same time), and a similar setup (just subtract the 10 move) made some Conquest Hard stuff barely tolerable (Spies' Yumi from my Castle rewards ftw!)

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Very very hard disagree there

Which game did ambushes best, then? Genuinely asking.

Well, I guess FE7. For some reason all Lyn mode reinforcements are ambushes. But that don't really count since Lyn mode is a four hour tutorial.