• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Too bad Shocker doesn't know that Spiderman is not allowed to punch anyone in this show.

That episode is really bad about recycled animation. Like, that shot at the start of Spiderman shaking his first? That's used at least 3 times in this engagement. Maybe more, it's been a minute. Either way, it's really hard not to notice.

Edited by BrightBow

43 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

By the way, you know how Ma Chao always spouts "JUSTICE!" and Jiang Wei is all "BENEVOLENCE!" to the point where you can make memes out of it?
Imagine that with "HOPE!" plus some Kefka-level deranged insanity and you have that guy.

Interesting. Kefka-esque, yet the opposite of Kefka, considering by the time you fight him, he's all "I'm a god and I'm bored, life is meaningless and hopeless".

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

He has four hamsters (yes, hamsters) he calls his "Four Dark Devas of Destruction".

Must be Valkyrie Profile hamsters then. That dead little franchise had hamsters show up as its super-deadly-must-avoid enemy in its reoccurring bonus dungeon.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Interesting. Kefka-esque, yet the opposite of Kefka, considering by the time you fight him, he's all "I'm a god and I'm bored, life is meaningless and hopeless".

He's constantly saying how he wants to be the "stepping stone" for what he believes to be absolute hope, but his worldview is rather fatalistic.
"In order to be something special you have to be born as something special."

He's a pretty interesting character, all things considered. His name is also the name of the first game's protagonist with the syllables rearranged and a "da" added.
Makoto Naegi => Nagito Komaeda
They're even voiced by the same guy in the English dub.

Spoiler

They are not the same person, however.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Must be Valkyrie Profile hamsters then. That dead little franchise had hamsters show up as its super-deadly-must-avoid enemy in its reoccurring bonus dungeon.

XD
Sadly, no such thing here! Just very smart hamsters he can communicate with and who can push buttons for him.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

39-ThPs13D.gif

Oh boy! XD

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

He actually does have a character.

Oh, I know. I've read about him.

But he's a meme because he's basically the worst unit in the game.

Perhaps Berwick Wendy would be a better comparison.

If I could pick one, it would be Hilda. An axe fighter would be nice and she has also a really fun personality.

Of course there is no chance in hell anyone of the Emblem Saga games would make it in. It's funny to think that in the wide world of video games, they have even lower odds then even the most obscure characters.

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Perhaps Berwick Wendy would be a better comparison.

Hey now, he's not useless. He has the hgighest defense base in the game, is the first unit to have Lshields and there are a lot of really good axes avaliable. Wendy is an armor knight who gets ORKO'd. Derrick is an armor knight who is an armor knight.

Derrick is basically a playable generic Armor. Supposedly his stats and growths are even directly taken from generic armors.

Still, even with 0 bases in everything, he actually has decent durability. It's just that he basically combines the worst traits of Marcel and Daoud, while having an even worse movement type. So there is no practical reason to ever use him over them.

He has some skills that set him apart from generics at least. But they all make very little sense for him.
Mercy is a lot better on someone who can actually hit things.
Throw is a handy little skill, but it really just highlights how bad his accuracy is.
And Axe Guard is unreliable at the best of days. Let alone when powered by his terrible Axe skill rank.

Edited by BrightBow

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Still, even with 0 bases in everything

This sounds like hyperbole but because it’s Berwick I have to make sure.

...is this literal^?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

This sounds like hyperbole but because it’s Berwick I have to make sure.

...is this literal^?

0 personal bases; I think he uses the axe knight class bases and growths. (The other unit who is fundamentally an amor knight is in a different class, namely, Guardian.)

But he has a special shield he joins with!

Edited by Benice

So...just one step above completely useless.

Maybe so, but comparing him to Wendy is completely unfair.

should've killed him the second time I played that chapter...

Smh...

But then you miss out on story events, Enid's promotion, and items that increase hit!

Maybe so, but comparing him to Wendy is completely unfair.

I fail to see how it is, but okay. They're not the same, but they're both low-bottom tier. At least Derrick has a story excuse for being as bad as he is.

But then you miss out on story events, Enid's promotion, and items that increase hit!

Useless units must die! KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!

610493765152407563.png?v=1