Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Having all chains be platonic until the S support would be much better, in my opinion.

I agree but also don't make S-Supports universal. Not everyone should S-Support everyone. Else you run into the AwakeFates problem where two characters that pretty much hated each other the whole chain are suddenly in love.

Or we could rework the whole system but that's never gonna happen...

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

I agree but also don't make S-Supports universal. Not everyone should S-Support everyone. Else you run into the AwakeFates problem where two characters that pretty much hated each other the whole chain are suddenly in love.

Agreed. I mean, as it is, there's already limited paired endings in 3H. Just keep the same endings, but attach them to S-Supports. I think that would be the best way to handle this.

...And for the love of God, don't make Sothis x Byleth a thing. Please. Have some restraint, IntSys.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't understand, how does removing S-supports change this? I'd argue the lack of S-supports worsens the quality of a lot of Three Houses's support chains. They have even less time to develop the relationship (C-B-A as opposed to C-B-A-S), and you can get those ridiculous situations where a character confess their love for five different characters in their A supports, but they can only marry one. Having all chains be platonic until the S support would be much better, in my opinion.

I mean forcing them to be romantic, if we look at Fateswakening’s trope fest and then I love you. I understand that all supports are of a much higher quality in fe3h with some exceptions, but still.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

^This

I spot the return of the greatest Flames of the greatest Dragon!

Welcome back @DragonFlames! It was lonely without ya^^

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

yes, pls. Just nuke the think and remake it.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Am I the only one who wants to have, like, 5-8 supports per unit again?

This is what Echoes did and I'd be fine with that.

Unless you mean a unit can only Support 5 times per run in which case that is cringe.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yep. I feel like having fewer supports makes most characters better. I'm not saying Support quality=support quantity, but having too many supports makes even good characters feel samey.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Naturally.

xD

Less characterization = less quality characters = bad

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Me: 1:15

Oh no

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just scrap everything and do it like SRW does.

I’m guessing it barely does anything?

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Echoes also has much less characters and would've used a couple more supports for some of the characters.

Or just supports period for some

Good characters would have been nice as well

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m guessing it barely does anything?

Pft, "barely", AHAHA

SRW doesn't employ permadeath. It can't, since it adapts at least over 10 different stories at the same time every single time. As such, EVERY character participates in the regular dialogue. Any kind of development just happens in the regular dialogue. So there's nothing like support conversations, because any that could qualify are just mandatory lines in the main story script.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good characters would have been nice as well

Especially when it comes to the MCs

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

FE can have great character interaction without supports AT ALL. Just look at TRS's cast.

Hey, i agree, but for that you need to abolish the current support system first (something which i would like to see), but i am afraid that will never happen.

If we are to stay with the current system, then gimme some more

Edited by Father Shrimpas

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just scrap everything and do it like SRW does.

You've a funny way to spell Berwick Saga.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Actually, I personally believe that Echoes went too far. Some characters are in a desperate need for more supports. For a couple of examples: Silque has only one support that isn't even about her. Genny's only support option is route-locked. That sucks.

Just now, Spara said:

FE can have great character interaction without supports AT ALL. Just look at TRS's cast.

FE doesn't have the balls to do something like TRS's penultimate chapter boss.

I hate how there is no shared scene between Faye and Daoud in Berwick Saga. Just because these characters have nothing to do with each other doesn't mean they shouldn't have some lengthy conversations in at least four different scenes.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, BrightBow said:

I hate how there is no scene about Faye and Daoud in Berwick Saga. Just because these characters have nothing to do with each other doesn't mean they shouldn't at least have some lengthy conversations in at least four scenes.

Come now, you say that as if Derrick being able to fuck the entire playable cast would be a bad thing.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE doesn't have the balls to do something like TRS's penultimate chapter boss.

You mean the Defeat Boss that randomly becomes Approach Door? If so, lmao

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh no

Ah, forgot to point out. You noticed how the male one had his chest clock at 12 O'clock?

It wasn't at 12'Oclock earlier in the scene... *Insert George Takei Oh My*