Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wraith of all people is an SMT fan?

...All was lost and before it was interred in its sepulchre Nintendo forgot to drive stakes through its head and heart. Erelong it rose from the grave to haunt the innocent and guilty alike once more.

Edited by Wraith

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is literally a nothing trailer. It's like when they showed the Metroid Prime logo with the number 4 on it, except without actually knowing what it is. We have no information on Metroid Prime 4 other than it's a new Metroid Prime game. And that they restarted development but that's it.

Oh, that’s literally just existing character art and a concept. Huh.

Ok I looked it up. That trailer came out a mere two months after TMS started development. At this time, Atlus wasn't exactly sure what they wanted it to be other than a game that takes material from both franchises.

That being said, it looks like TMS was never meant to be a literal crossover. Reading on the development, it looks like they very much wanted it to be it's own thing that just happens to pull from both SMT and FE.

In conclusion, that first trailer should have never been made.

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

...All was lost and before it was interred in its sepulchre Nintendo forgot to drive stakes through its head and heart. Erelong it rose from the grave to haunt the innocent and guilty alike once more.

Nintendo wasn’t in charge, Atlus was. And seeing as how I can go out and buy it, I doubt it was ever interred in any sepulchres. It can still haunt the innocent and guilty alike though.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nintendo wasn’t in charge, Atlus was. And seeing as how I can go out and buy it, I doubt it was ever interred in any sepulchres. It can still haunt the innocent and guilty alike though.

May the Emperor walk with you Sooks. You’ll need divine intervention to survive with your sanity intact.

Edited by Wraith

May the Emperor walk with you Sooks. You’ll need divine intervention to survive with your sanity intact.

Does the emperor have any idea of my path? Since you’re obviously a prophet.

Awesome theme, awesome boss fight... in concept.
Reality: overly long, horrendously tedious dungeon (if not for Strange Journey, it wouldn't be a stretch to call it the worst (final) dungeon I have ever seen), boring damage sponge final boss

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

>getting hit by a 6%

game pls

wtf

it wasn't lethat, but come on

Reminds me of the time my Clarine got hit by a 15~ and got hit by its crit of 18~. Or the time my Chrom died to a 13. Good times, good times...

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

Exactly. Does he know of the path I will go down? Because I don’t.

He will also walk by your side so long as you believe in him and don’t fall to the Ruinous Powers. Remembers Sooks, he ascended for our sins.

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

He will also walk by your side so long as you believe in him and don’t fall to the Ruinous Powers. Remembers Sooks, he ascended for our sins.

Not my sins. He was probably before my time.

What’s his deal anyway?

OR the time my Franz got crit by a 4 at the end of an hour long chapter, and I made my pfp the boss of that chapter who crit him, captioned “dum”. I love rng!

I can beat all of that. When I Ironmanned FE6, I lost three units in three chapters in a row to low odds. And then Marcus got good levels and became an Oifey out of the blue. I was having him run Durandal in the lategame because I had lost every single other rider and swordsman. I'll never get tired of bringing that up, I find it so hilarious in a really sad way.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

“Here we see a wild Fire Emblem fan, hating Fire Emblem despite playing it almost every day.”

One of the perks of Berwick Saga technically not being FE is that I get to love it without coming across as a fake fan

So a new interview regarding Kuro no Kiseki came out.

"First of all, you can guess the meaning is about the dawn (黎明) of a new story. Reading it as black (くろ) evokes the idea of “darkness before dawn is the blackest”, doesn’t it? From there, a bluish light points at the sky, little by little, and it becomes dawn. The character for kuro represents that we’re approaching the crux of Kiseki’s story and that it’s time to shed some light on the mysteries of Zemuria’s world.

A simpler explanation would be that we’d suddenly like to change the atmosphere from the games in the series thus far. I think it’s specifically a more mature Kiseki title. The protagonists we’ve had so far — Estelle, Lloyd and Rean — were all protagonists on the light side. Kuro no Kiseki will be relatively dirty, depicting mainly what lies between societies. It will focus on fights between crime syndicates and also their disputes with the Society. Previous works also featured hostility toward Ouroboros, but didn’t develop a collaborative partnership with Ouroboros as an organisation rather than its members, did it?

Those grey areas is what we like to focus on now. Naturally, the protagonist and party members familiar with those grey areas will find themselves involved in several incidents. It offers a perspective unlike previous titles in the series."

Whether or not they'll stick the landing remains to be seen but I suppose with this information, the new alignment system makes more sense now. Although I still doubt it'll go to SMT's extremities.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then Marcus got good levels and became an Oifey out of the blue. I was having him run Durandal in the lategame because I had lost every single other rider and swordsman. I'll never get tired of bringing that up, I find it so hilarious in a really sad way.

I have a similar story but the opposite way. On my first run of FE7, Hector turned out to be abysmal. He had aim that made Stormtroopers look like expert marksmen and by endgame, he was only able to rack up enough EXP to reach Lv.7......as an unpromoted Lord. As such, Endgame had the extra challenge of me keeping Hector alive at all costs because everything would kill him.

Edited by Armagon