Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I dont like how, if you have 2< SG, your character is useless. Also, the enemies dont have this penalty against them, which isnt fair. They gang up on the player, which is annoying af.

No OVL? That's one of the best parts about Vesperia! Infinite Arte chaining? With no cost at lvl3 and no damage at lvl4? Those are so much fun to go nuts with.

Gotcha. Like I said, to each their own!
I personally think Berseria's battles system is the best the series has had so far, and I honestly can't really go back to the older games after it.

I actually liked the removal of Overlimit, to be honest, as it was always the most annoying part of every boss fight. Once they went into overlimit, you basically couldn't attack anymore.
And I never got much use out of the stuff myself. Took too long to charge up and by the time it was fully charged, the fight was already over.

But that's just me (and I'm not very good at these games)

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The Mystic artes are much better looking in Vesperia and Xillia as well, imo.

The Xillia games' Mystic Artes are some of my favorites series wide, so I can't disagree. xD

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 176.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Age Of Calamity's koroks and chests are really hard to find...But so far, we've gotten all of them in the first six missions!

Pro tip: Use a guide if you wanna find them all.

40 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

qH7Bjly.png

I arrived at dreaded map 1 in my class switcher run...

Also Mars op

IS that master ninja Xander I see?

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

Pro tip: Use a guide if you wanna find them all.

Benice is becoming a true gamer more every day.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

IS that master ninja Xander I see?

Yes. Didn't know what to replace Paladin with, and since Master Ninja is Sword + Blue weapon, like Paladin, i thought replacing paladins with MNs fits.

Swordmaster could be the other option, but that's Hero's replacement

Impressions so far:

Biggest Winners:
Felicia with a bow is really strong. She can take out fliers, not to mention can get rally stuff as priestess and countermagic, and with shining bow she murders.
Nyx - Diviner fixes her skill and makes her even faster at the price of some magic. Odin can actually double stuff now, but still piss poor magic...
Kaze - 26 SPD as outlaw before promotion wtf. Good str and high bow MT helps him, and i am planning to go Bow Knight with him for Shuriken Breaker
Xander - no more getting doubled.

Losers:
Camilla's retainers get rekt hard. Selena loses even more str as myrmidon, and Beruka as Pegasi is oof. Camilla herself as Kinshi is good, but nothing amazing like her Wyvern self

Benny and Effie - Lose alot of Def & Str, and don't get much spd for it. Benny still gets doubled by everything. Effie's personal helps her against mages early game though

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

So the game that that track comes from is a fangame? Huh.

Officially licensed, I assume?

More or less.

All the official Touhou games are made by one guy, ZUN(Excepting the official fighting games, which are made by ZUN together with Twilight Frontier). But basically anyone who wants to can make and sell their own game/manga/whatever featuring Touhou characters without needing to get ZUN's "permission" as long as they follow the guidelines for fanworks.

Or that's how I understand it, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

More or less.

All the official Touhou games are made by one guy, ZUN(Excepting the official fighting games, which are made by ZUN together with Twilight Frontier). But basically anyone who wants to can make and sell their own game/manga/whatever featuring Touhou characters without needing to get ZUN's "permission" as long as they follow the guidelines for fanworks.

Or that's how I understand it, anyway.

Hey, that's pretty neat. Imagine the owner of an IP being that nonrestrictive with their IP.

If only Nintendo were like that.

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

My girlfriend is watching Bridgerton, her posh British aristocracy, which I’m enhancing with my crass America humor.

Go Wraith! Use those skills you picked up from Fire Emblem: Fates!

Blah, blah, blah, love triangle, everyone wants to sleep with everyone else, “I’ll duel you for the honor of my family and my sister’s chastity which you stole, vile villain!”.

Edited by Wraith

Wraith shouldn’t you be focusing on girlfriend time instead of being on here?

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That first half sounds just like most modern, western media.

Another one has fallen to anime.

That wasn't a way of exalting eastern media as inherently superior, btw. I'm just not fond of most of what western media has to offer in recent decades.

Movies, TV, and music from the 90s and further back are anywhere from pretty solid to fantastic, IMO.

vibes in EWF

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Wraith shouldn’t you be focusing on girlfriend time instead of being on here?

...Sooks, for your poor innocent young ears I’ll keep this brief. We spent loads of time together throughout the holidays. A man needs his own time to maintain sanity.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That wasn't a way of exalting eastern media as inherently superior, btw. I'm just not fond of most of what western media has to offer in recent decades.

Movies, TV, and music from the 90s and further back are anywhere from pretty solid to fantastic, IMO.

vibes in EWF

I was kidding, oops.

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

...Sooks, for your poor innocent young ears I’ll keep this brief. We spent loads of time together throughout the holidays. A man needs his own time to maintain sanity.

My poor innocent young ears know how to respect their elders and listen to their ramblings.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My poor innocent young ears know how to respect their elders and listen to their ramblings.

Then I shall impart this wisdom with my ramblings Sooks. A relationship is like being chased by a ravenous, bloodthirsty shark. If you stop swimming for a moment you get eaten in one fell gulp.

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Then I shall impart this wisdom with my ramblings Sooks. A relationship is like being chased by a ravenous, bloodthirsty shark. If you stop swimming for a moment you get eaten in one fell gulp.

And that’s fulfilling?