• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Can't stop thinking about Lea from CrossCode is 100% inspired by KOS-MOS in design. To the point where every time I see her, my brain registers' KOS-MOS.

But unlike KOS-MOS, she's actually capable of emoting.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Of all my writing projects, I've only finished so far... that one fanfic, and one other "story".

One idea that could help you is to read/write fanfics based on public domain material. In that case you could publish your work and make a profit off of it.

Edited by Wraith

Just now, Sooks said:

Which one?

The one with the person writing that Cynthia in Fodlan fanfic.

You know, that's one idea I've entertained before. Not with Cynthia, but just in general someone else ending in Fodlan. In general, I sometimes love those kind of stories. I've got lots of ideas with the premise. With a big range of which character and which other world they end up. Alas, might be a long while before I start writing one of those.

Crossovers like that are always fun^^

Me myself want to see either Jugdral/Fodlan crossover or Telliurs/Fodlan, or Jugdral/Tellius, as they have my fav. characters in the series.

Like, Ike & co. post RD go explore the world and find that no, not the whole world sunk.

Or Jeralt, running away from Fodlan after the fire and landing into Jugdral, etc.

There's one crossover fanfic with Ishtar and Tailtiu in Fodlan i am follwing
https://archiveofourown.org/works/23166541/chapters/55448656

pretty fun so far

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

They actually do. If you stun them they lose their SG and they are also weak. 

Really? I never seen them in a situation where they can only attack once.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The title-skill system in Graces was something I’ve mixed feelings towards. It does something meaningful with Titles for a change, but it’s grindy too.

Yeah, I'm not sure about it yet, either.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Gotcha. Like I said, to each their own!
I personally think Berseria's battles system is the best the series has had so far, and I honestly can't really go back to the older games after it.

I actually liked the removal of Overlimit, to be honest, as it was always the most annoying part of every boss fight. Once they went into overlimit, you basically couldn't attack anymore.
And I never got much use out of the stuff myself. Took too long to charge up and by the time it was fully charged, the fight was already over.

But that's just me (and I'm not very good at these games)

The Xillia games' Mystic Artes are some of my favorites series wide, so I can't disagree. xD

It just doesnt auit me, as you said.

It gives the player SO many options, though! And in the case of Yuri, allows for a few million damage on one Mystic Arte.

Xillia's are gorgeous, so we agree on that!

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I feel this. My main issue with SG was, you get it by doing attacks that deal bonus damage, but like it's never really clear which attacks do that. And with so many attacks, you're constantly swapping them out to see which one deals the bonus damage you need.

This is a good point as well. I like the idea, but it was a little poorly implemented. 

-

As it stands, Vesperia will always be on top for me, I just love the characters, gameplay, music, artstyle, and of course, the best Mystic Arte Savage Wolf Fury. Xd

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The one with the person writing that Cynthia in Fodlan fanfic.

A lurker I see. 😛

Well, I would more so state it as having reignited my desire, so to speak. What initially started it was the incredibly high quality of the Harry Potter novels, which I could always recommend. Speaking of, it might be time to start my kind of annual but not really reading of that series. I could pick up the first one sometime soon... I mean last time I stopped on book six, but eh. It’s obviously the worst one. 😛 (I mean it’s still the seventh best book of all time.)

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, that's one idea I've entertained before. Not with Cynthia, but just in general someone else ending in Fodlan. In general, I sometimes love those kind of stories. I've got lots of ideas with the premise. With a big range of which character and which other world they end up. Alas, might be a long while before I start writing one of those.

I had never imagined such a crossover fic before, because I know that little about fanfiction. That might be why I took a look at that one.

I've never done a crossover fic, tbh. It's always been within one fandom, as few stories as I've written.

Well, not including the small amount of bad poetry I've written. Those have been their own thing, for the most part.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I had never imagined such a crossover fic before, because I know that little about fanfiction. That might be why I took a look at that one.

They're certainly lots of them around.

Not long ago I found a fanfic that was about Golden Sun's Isaac ending in Fodlan.

For a different sort of example, one of the fanfics I'm following is one where Kratos from Symphonia ends up in Abyss's Auldrant, though years before the game's events. It has a sequel that is about the game's events... and Lloyd has joined in too. That one is still a WIP, though it's been long since the last update.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I've never done a crossover fic, tbh. It's always been within one fandom, as few stories as I've written.

Well, not including the small amount of bad poetry I've written. Those have been their own thing, for the most part.

What kinds of fics (or anything) do you write?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

i've been mulling over updating Teehee quest again, but then i remember the parts i hate in Trails and stop lol

What’s Teehee quest?

Scarlet Curiosity over, now onto...another Touhou fangame!

This time it's a 2D platformer, Tempest of Heaven and Earth. Seems not as well known as some of the others, I only happened upon it in a bundle of Touhou games on Steam, but it looked cool and I grabbed it on sale with some Christmas money.

It's fun, but boy do I suck at it. 😬

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What kinds of fics (or anything) do you write?

Slice-of-life/romance fics, mostly. I've done some darker angst kind of stuff as well. And I've dabbled in a bit of poetry as well. SF was the first place I started posting my work, and I've been sharing them here almost every time I've written something new.

I really should continue anything that isn't my current pool of focused stories... but eh.

On that subject, I was meant to finish another chapter from one of them today, so...

Ah, how could I forget of that one-shot I made for the Writing Competition thread...

Never end up writing for it again. So many lost chances.

Edited by Acacia Sgt