• Replies 176.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I try to submit a (test) map tomorrow still I have to settle plenty of things. It might not become the prettiest map, but I want to save the delicacies for the end. Gameplay has highest priority right now. I hope I can I bring in my weapon especially staff ideas I have had for a pretty long time (blind, bann staff etc.).

Also I just have received an idol:

2kxIwup.jpg?2

Arrived in less than two weeks from Japan - WOW!!!

Good final gift for 2020.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Only on normal mode, though. Hard removes them... As well as the ability to see enemy ranges, for some undiscernible reason.

Even without those changes, I wasn't gonna play on Hard anyway since it's actually Lunatic (or Maniac, same thing).

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That bolded statement makes it seem like the dungeons are Strange Journey-like.
Which is about as foreboding to me as someone saying "hey, is your nuclear reactor supposed to do that?"

Idk how Strange Journey dungeons are but TMS' dungeons pretty straightforward for the most part. There is the occasional puzzle that isn't exactly clear on what you have to do (had to look up a guide for two of them) but that's about it.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I blame myself for that, since I think it is overall the weakest in the series from what I played of it, gameplay included.

Well it's not just you, I've heard a few other people call it one of the weaker ones.

On hard mode generic enemies are two levels higher than on normal mode. Bosses are unchanged. Aside of the early bosses of part 1 they have in all three difficulties the same stats and A.I. It's not really a dramatic jump of difficulty aside of the chapters for the Dawn Brigade because having one more / less speed difference for doubling the enemy / getting doubled matters a lot. Laguz in part 3 have increased weapon strike level which means instant five more damage plus the HM level boost.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

All I can really comment on is that I would switch Berseria and Vesperia, and I'd put Abyss next to it, and I'd probably change the tier names a little.
Then again, I am the guy who holds a game in high regard that pretty much the entire fanbase hates or at least agrees that it's not good. So...

I dont really like Berseria battle system, the SG thing was way to limiting, imo.  And the story/characters were only okay.

The tier names I was mostly goofing off with, haha.

Bonus experience levels will grant always three stats unless more than two remaining stats are maxed out. The right way or using bexp. is when someone has maxed out multiple stats. Micaiah caps magic and resistance early. Once it has happened, she can get some levels to improve her speed. Edward usually caps HP, skill and speed before level 20, so his strength and defense could benefit from bexp. levels. As for promotion it's automatic at level 21. Four master seals for free (hidden item, stealable from an enemy) and I think two purchasable ones in the final two maps are obtainable in part 1 which allow to promote earlier. The usual time to promote is at level 20. Some units who can max out multiple stats can promote earlier.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

Got Remilia's true  ending in Scarlet Curiosity. Good game overall, though with some problems. The postgame extra dungeon is pretty repetitive and disappointing....except for its final boss, which was pretty intense.

Spoiler

Also, this segment was cool. But kinda lame it was so short. Kinda wish there was a full Flan mode or something.

A boss rush mode would also have been a nice addition. But it's still a good game, and you should all play it!

And have another (spoilery)  sample of the OST. :v

Spoiler

Edited by Robert Stewart

Aw, that's earcancer for my ears.

Seriously the version of this theme in Danmaku Festival which is a techno song is quite melodic compared to that.

I purchased Scarlet Curiousity in the sale, yet have to play it.

Hopefully the gameplay has a bit more quality than this theme.

yeah it's 1RN, however there are 2RN scripts out there

Ah, I will leave it to that since I prefer 1RN and non faked numbers.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

Went back to TWEWY to continue the post-game stuff.

Man I forgot how broken level 3 fusions were, just used one to decimate a boss I thought would be a nightmare and when it turned out I took out >80% HP with it I was stunned.

So I'm around level 30 in tales of Grace's, and I still think the combat is pretty darn good. 

The mix of the new attack system and the old arte system is nice. There are... slot of skills to learn like, wow.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Idk how Strange Journey dungeons are

Imagine everything I believe makes bad dungeon design (warp puzzles, sliding puzzles, holes you fall through - all for the sake of making you start over from the beginning if you make even the tiniest mistake (how that's supposed to be anything approaching fun is beyond me, to be honest, but hey)). Then imagine all of those appearing constantly, without pause, and in increasingly annoying combinations.
That's Strange Journey's dungeons in a nutshell. The worst of the worst being the new dungeon added in the Redux version, that you have to complete if you want any of the new endings.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I dont really like Berseria battle system, the SG thing was way to limiting, imo.  And the story/characters were only okay.

A shame. I thought all of these were pretty dang amazing.
But to each their own! ^^

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

The tier names I was mostly goofing off with, haha.

I see. XD

Just now, DragonFlames said:

A shame. I thought all of these were pretty dang amazing.
But to each their own! ^^

I see. XD

I dont like how, if you have 2< SG, your character is useless. Also, the enemies dont have this penalty against them, which isnt fair. They gang up on the player, which is annoying af.

No OVL? That's one of the best parts about Vesperia! Infinite Arte chaining? With no cost at lvl3 and no damage at lvl4? Those are so much fun to go nuts with. 

The Mystic artes are much better looking in Vesperia and Xillia as well, imo.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So I'm around level 30 in tales of Grace's, and I still think the combat is pretty darn good. 

The mix of the new attack system and the old arte system is nice. There are... slot of skills to learn like, wow.

The title-skill system in Graces was something I’ve mixed feelings towards. It does something meaningful with Titles for a change, but it’s grindy too.