Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Social anxiety isn't a mental illness though. It's a personality trait.

Anxiety by definition is a mental illness, though, and social anxiety is no exception. There's nothing wrong with struggling socially and there are resources for people who want or need them.

Edited by Benice

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

Anxiety by definition is a mental illness, though, and social anxiety is no exception. There's nothing wrong with struggling socially and there are resources for people who want or need them.

I really just need to move past it. I'm the only one holding myself back, tbh.

46 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'll be 21 on the 16th of next month.

That was clever.

46 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nah, it's a choice.

Does saying no work? Exactly.

44 minutes ago, Benice said:

It's a tad pricey, but I could advocate for looking into it.

Not only do I not need it, but we have no money!

Thanks anyway.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it went well, went well. I think I am practically hired at this point. Thank goodness...

Congratulations!

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That was clever.

The only time I'm actually clever is when it's unintentional, apparently.

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Does saying no work? Exactly.

It can, if you just force yourself.

*sees Acacia's avatar* Oh god XD
That's a classic moment right there

I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES HAHAHAHAHA

Also, once again, is Arc of Alchemist digital-exclusive?

15 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also, once again, is Arc of Alchemist digital-exclusive?

According to a google search, it is not.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

And still in the capital xD

As far as the story is concerned, you are kinda almost there.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it went well, went well. I think I am practically hired at this point. Thank goodness...

20210213_185024.gif

16 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also, once again, is Arc of Alchemist digital-exclusive

Looks like LimitedRunGames has physical copies in stock.

Those review scores....oof. I know, I know, judge it yourself and all but.....damn.

56 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It can, if you just force yourself.

That's not quite how it works; avoiding things that stress you out is certainly a bad strategy, but trying to muscle through your mental illness isn't a great one either. I don't think you can just be "not stressed" with anxiety, much like you can't just "cheer up" to cure depression. If you do want to deal with your anxiety, I would strongly suggest seeking aid.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Congrats! One small step for Acacia Sgt, one big leap for... Acaciakind.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Do people usually use the word mum in Canada?

Nope. I kinda flip-flop between the two since I consume a fair amount of British media.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Like a get-better program?

Aye!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Epic final boss though

Like really epic

Hide contents

With mecha involvement and stuff

Thoughts and questions in a bit

You got Lv.4 Community already?

Spoiler

Also yeah, that final boss is very epic. My favorite in the series.

Just now, Armagon said:

You got Lv.4 Community already?

Yeah, i was already like lvl 3 when i got into the capital, so just had to do like 5 quests and voila was lvl4. Didn'T want to do any more quests however xD

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Also yeah, that final boss is very epic. My favorite in the series.

10x as epic as Final bosses of 1,2 and FC combined

then again none of the 3 bosses were really good tbh 

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Didn'T want to do any more quests however xD

Ah, you went straight for the end.

I did that too on my first run but ever since then, i've tried to do all the sidequests because i really like the final one.

You can't actually max out Community until you kill every Unique Monster and since i'm too lazy to kill the Superbosses, i haven't actually maxed out Community haha.

Just now, Armagon said:

I did that too on my first run but ever since then, i've tried to do all the sidequests because i really like the final one.

I was kinda sick of quests ngl. Like for how short the game is, it sure has a loooooooooooooooot of quests, so once i got lvl4 i just got into the final dungeon.

This series has a serious problem with quests.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

You can't actually max out Community until you kill every Unique Monster and since i'm too lazy to kill the Superbosses, i haven't actually maxed out Community haha.

That sounds kinda fun tbh, because fighting UMs is super fun

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Like for how short the game is, it sure has a loooooooooooooooot of quests,

I didn't mind because of the characterization given to both the cast and the NPCs. The fact that quite a few NPCs come back more than once and they genuinely interact with the cast (no generic "how can i help" dialogue) is what saves it for me and i really like that there is a grand finale. If the quests were just generic RPG quests, the Community Gating would be dogshit.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

This series has a serious problem with quests.

I am every curious to how you would fare with Xenoblade X, since sidequests is one of the major defining points of the game. Of course, the game itself is structured like an MMO so it's a different Xenoblade experience than what you're used to but still.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That sounds kinda fun tbh, because fighting UMs is super fun

Well it's not actually fighting them that i'm lazy about. It's the grind to get there. There are no regular enemies in the 60s and higher and the weakest Superboss is Lv.65 while the strongest is Lv.100. So getting there just boils down to killing the same Superboss over and over for levels.

Also Elemental Awakening sucks.

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

...Guess I’ll have to keep on drinking alone and without good friends to keep me company.

Start a drinking session on the thread then?

....Honestly probably too weird, not enough direct presence.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

I lowkey wish I had a credit card, not gonna lie. Ah well, once I'm 18.

I'd say they can be more trouble than worth.

I have two debit cards, and I feel that's fine by me than using credit. Of course, I have the money to make them worthwhile, but still.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So, Thoughts (dw, not a wall like XB2 thoughts, Torna was pretty short, after all)

-Game was shorter than expected. Yeah, i didn't do all quests and all, but with 50+ community i doubt i would've needed much more time to finish the quests. Kinda expected it to be a bit more than FCx1.5

-Where are the heart to hearts? Camp talks were fine, but they can't be compared to heart to hearts at all.

-Cast was cool, however Haze really really needed more screen time.

-I loved the switching mechanic, alot. But if you asked me wether i prefer XB2 gameplay or Torna, i think XB2 slightly wins, because moving during Specials and blade combos felt much better in XB2. Or maybe i am thinking like that because i couldn't adjust the difficulty how i wanted to in Torna xD. UM battles were still super fun, though, and that final boss was EPIC (That alone is worth the money i paid for the DLC xD). Torna also had cool gimmicks here and there.

-Liked how it showed kinda more of the non positive aspects of the Driver/Blade relationships, since main game was all ''we are chill and love each other'' and stuff

-Was kinda funny seeing Jin say stuff he needed to tell his future self the whole game xD

Spoiler

-Jin being always distrusful of humans aside of Laura from the start made it easier to accept how he turned on everyone and not just Indol. Still wanna punch him for burning the picture though

-Fuck Amalthus, truely. Fuck all of Indol tbh. Religious nutcases the lot of them.

-Mythra getting Pyra'd was big F for our girl

-Might revisit later to do some more UMs and do the rest of the quests

8/10

Question:

Spoiler

XB2 said 3 titans sank during the Aegis war, yet the Torna DLC only mentions Coeia and we saw Torna thinking with our own eyes. Who was the 3rd titan?

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There are no regular enemies in the 60s and higher and the weakest Superboss is Lv.65 while the strongest is Lv.100. So getting there just boils down to killing the same Superboss over and over for levels.

Yeah, ok, that does not sound fun

Also Elemental Awakening sucks.

tbf the game needed it due to how easy it would be otherwise xD

Not like XB2 challenge battles...

I didn't mind because of the characterization given to both the cast and the NPCs. The fact that quite a few NPCs come back more than once and they genuinely interact with the cast (no generic "how can i help" dialogue) is what saves it for me and i really like that there is a grand finale. If the quests were just generic RPG quests, the Community Gating would be dogshit

I think my main problem is how once i arrived at the capital the game started bombarding me with quests. After a while i just had enough, ya know? And while better than XB2, alot of them were still your typical fetch quests or kill monsters i already killed 100 times before.

They could've been paced better, or maybe replaced with heart to hearts (the better option)

since sidequests is one of the major defining points of the gam

uh uh

Edited by Shrimperor

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Question:

Reveal hidden contents

XB2 said 3 titans sunk during the Aegis war, yet the Torna DLC only mentions Coeia and we saw Torna thinking with our own eyes. Who was the 3rd titan?

While it isn't explicitly answered,

Spoiler

I think the general theory is that Indol destroyed Spessia (the Titan that Team Lora and the Tornan remnants were on) and blamed it on Mythra. Some people think the third is Temperantia, but it's specified that three Titans sank and Temperantia is obviously still around in the main game.