Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

In other news, Nintendo has changed its Twitter profile picture and banner to Splatoon 3 stuff. I’ve never known them to push Splatoon so hard.

AT LEAST BotW2 HAS A CHANCE OF COMING OUT THIS YEAR.

What is this decision?

• Replies 176.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

You have two more DLC character slots left.

Ngl, this reveal won't be topped for me. Literally anyone can be the next two reveals, idc. I've won.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

AT LEAST BotW2 HAS A CHANCE OF COMING OUT THIS YEAR.

What is this decision?

I still think 2022 tbh.

Wow, March will have Pyra, Mythra, Godzilla, AND Kong. Can it get any better?

As a prediction, I think Pyra and Mythra's fighter spirits will use modified versions of this artwork, since Min Min's fighter spirit uses different artwork from her normal spirit.

Just now, Armagon said:

What happened here?

You on mobile?

I could see it being low enough resolution that it is too large and goes past. But I still doubt it, it's not like it's 1920.

I am not having issues, so I can't tell.

Pyra & Mythra without Rex? Was three people too many to integrate effectively into an elegant moveset, and or avoid overtaxing the Switch's processor? Or is this because of Rex's supposed general unpopularity?

Oh, are they're Echoes of each other? I didn't watch the vid.

...I would've preferred Elma. Sorry.

Not that this matters to me, I don't think there is anything that'll get me to get Smash. 

Maybe I'll get Samurai Warriors 5 eventually, it's been a while since I bought a Musou. 

Triangle Strategy demo “spoilers” (I’m referencing a bit of the gameplay, something fans of a certain SRPG here will be very happy about) 

Spoiler

Turn order is based on speed, not phases. That’s how Berwick does it, right? Maybe this is the closest we’ll get to Berwick on switch, heh.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Triangle Strategy demo “spoilers” (I’m referencing a bit of the gameplay, something fans of a certain SRPG here will be very happy about) 

Hide contents

Turn order is based on speed, not phases. That’s how Berwick does it, right? Maybe this is the closest we’ll get to Berwick on switch, heh.

That sounds like Trails.

My hype is even greater now.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Reveal hidden contents

Simply put (Responding to in spoiler.)

Spoiler

More like FFT actually. Berwick allows you to pick in order and it's one per unit, no speed involved.

Wonder how abusable Haste will be.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Simply put (Responding to in spoiler.)

Oh joy...

Spoiler

Making turn order based on a speed stat as you say has its problems. It makes whatever the turn speed stat is too important.

Also, baaaaaad flashbacks to FFTA2, where the game could force the first turns of every battle into the hands of the enemies, even if you outsped them like crazy. Brightmoon Tor and those enemies who act first and then spam buffs including haste on themselves so they take like 10 actions before you get a single one. Bahamut God of Eidolons Almighty spare me!

Adding to the Berwick vibes (and Berwickians feel free to correct me again) (still gameplay “spoilers” for Triangle Strategy demo)

Spoiler

Combat only involves the attacking unit attacking, no counter attacks at all. I understand Berwick only has counters if the attacking unit hits so I think that’s similar.

Although here, everyone has high hit rates so far. 😛

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That sounds like Trails.

My hype is even greater now.

You should play the demo then!

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Reveal hidden contents

More like FFT actually. Berwick allows you to pick in order and it's one per unit, no speed involved.

Wonder how abusable Haste will be.

Spoiler

So does it just let you move one unit and then the enemy move one and so on and so forth?

And what’s haste? 

Oh, FFT. I'm planning to get the mobile port of WotL... since it's the best accessible for me.

Anyway... ah, oldie but goodie:

Only minimal Spanish needed for the part itself. It's already timestamped.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So does it just let you move one unit and then the enemy move one and so on and so forth?

And what’s haste? 

Spoiler

Considering it's Berwick, usually there'll be enough enemies they can have two or rarely three in a row before a player unit could be moved.

Haste is a spell from FF. It makes the target move faster, increasing their speed.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Spoiler

Combat only involves the attacking unit attacking, no counter attacks at all. I understand Berwick only has counters if the attacking unit hits so I think that’s similar.

Spoiler

No counters from the front?

I would have expected that if it's taking from FFT.

Edited by Dayni

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Considering it's Berwick, usually there'll be enough enemies they can have two or rarely three in a row before a player unit could be moved.

Haste is a spell from FF. It makes the target move faster, increasing their speed.

Reveal hidden contents

No counters from the front?

I would have expected that if it's taking from FFT.

Is it taking from FFT? Did they say that, or is this just the comparison people are drawing?

Just now, Sooks said:

Is it taking from FFT? Did they say that, or is this just the comparison people are drawing?

Considering the battle map layouts (the square grid and the battle maps we've seen so far), the combat involving positioning like back attacks (Even the elevation giving more range to ranged attacks was in FFT) and this being under Squeenix, it's not surprising that this is being compared. It's not the only one being compared, but FFT will be compared to it for show

The horses aren't so FF though. RIP Chocoknights

Spoiler

This game seems to have a sort of attack stance, I can have one unit attack but there’s another unit adjacent to this same enemy and she’s also adding some damage. But the other adjacent unit isn’t adding any. Interesting... a tutorial would have been nice!