• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

like Splatoon. I’m not paying for online, but I thought it was cool.

I like Splatoon too (or well, I would if Nintendo's servers didn't run on a single hamster running in a wheel), but c'mon. From what they showed it looks like 2 again for another 60 bucks on the same console as 2. I could be wrong, but considering how similar 1 and 2 were, it does not bode well.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Triangles instead of Hexes or Squares?

Oh, I hope, that'd be hilarious.

Just now, Wraith said:

Oh my Emperor, that was a good laugh! Man, I’m so glad I’ve gotten into reading classic fantasy. 

I'm trying to see what was so hilarious, when we have so little for sure out of that trailer.

(Also I haven't taken the world over yet, hush you.)

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Oh Sooks, you sweet summer child! I like good fantasy, you know, stuff that isn’t half-assed FF Tactics: War of the Lions. 

Then again, FFT's story's a bit of a mess and I actually preferred playing FFTA.......

I'm trying to see how it's so halfassed.

Well, that demo's downloading. All a matter of time now.

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Oh Sooks, you sweet summer child! I like good fantasy, you know, stuff that isn’t half-assed FF Tactics: War of the Lions. 

I am unfamiliar with the literary fantasy works you like, that is true.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm trying to see what was so hilarious, when we have so little for sure out of that trailer.

(Also I haven't taken the world over yet, hush you.)

He thinks the name “Saltiron War” and the huge, massive anime that takes itself too seriously vibes are funny. I’m pretty sure.

Just now, Sooks said:

He thinks the name “Saltiron War” and the huge, massive anime that takes itself too seriously vibes are funny. I’m pretty sure.

Hey, I can laugh at Saltiron War too. I bet if it were the cause of an actual war it wouldn't exactly give the same Hyucks.

Also, massive anime? He clearly ain't seen that massive anime look eh?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Sounds like him, all right. And... Me, actually. But I disagree with him.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No, it’s mostly just the Saltiron War more then anything else that absolutely murders the serious tone of that reveal. 

Okay the more we type the name the more I laugh at it. It is quite funny.

Anyway, the demo is downloading!

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also, massive anime? He clearly ain't seen that massive anime look eh?

Well, admittedly, I haven’t, so I kind of guessed...

Edit: What Armagon? $50... oh boy...

Edited by Sooks

You guys have fun playing your JRPGs. I’ll be busy reading E.R. Eddison’s The Worm Ouroboros, which Tolkien praised and drew inspiration from, and Mervyn Peake’s Gormenghast series, which some critics hold as being on equal footing to or even being better then LOTR.

Edited by Wraith

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think most people would say FF Tactics: War of the Lions is one of, if not, the greatest TRPG of all time, due in part to its Shakespearean story.

Man the original text though. I can see why you pick WotL's text over the original's, Part 4 is a mess there.

Shakespearean story or not, it still has problems with the characters involved and the actual secret plot that the story builds towards kinda undermines the whole war that is the basis of most of the story.

What, would FeNaCl War work better? 😛

50 for Miitopia, what a drag.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Man the original text though. I can see why you pick WotL's text over the original's, Part 4 is a mess there.

Shakespearean story or not, it still has problems with the characters involved and the actual secret plot that the story builds towards kinda undermines the whole war that is the basis of most of the story.

What, would FeNaCl War work better? 😛

50 for Miitopia, what a drag.

Then play the War of the Lions for a better translation.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay the more we type the name the more I laugh at it. It is quite funny.

Eh, I don't find it that much of a riot.

On the other hand, I'm still giggling like a moron as I type the name Dryas. It just doesn't get old.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Then play the War of the Lions for a better translation.

I mean, I mentioned the WotL version there, bit of a shame it's PSP exclusive in a way. (Or not, turns out it's mobile. And not gonna lie, I do not have a controller ready for the phone and touch controls seem like a mess waiting to happen in a game where you have to confirm moves)

Also Part 4 in WotL gives a new battle with a character who's resurrected for no reason and I still don't get what it served

I've been waiting. Waiting for this day!

Strangely enough, listening to Xenoblade 2 music to summon a character into Smash actually worked, though it wasn't the character(s) I expected. I'm still very happy with Pyra and Mythra though.

Since the two Aegises have different fighter numbers, I'm curious as to how much of their movesets they'll share with each other. As for the stage, it's on Azurda while the main Titans and the rest of the party appear in the background, which is a good way to showcase the game's various locations. Also, now we'll get more XC2 songs and remixes! Hopefully we'll get a Drifting Soul remix since it was used in the trailer. I wonder if KOS-MOS will appear as the Legend Spirit...

As a fun fact, Pyra and Mythra's poses in their splash screens are the same as their figures. Hopefully we'll get references to "Think you can take me?" and "Don't forget me!" too.

Man, I would be so salty if I bought any of the Smash season passes.

Gotta admit though, Smash has been really cool with DLC. Normally fighting games love to plaster the characters you can't use all over the game. But in Smash it's like Byleth was never even added. It's great.