Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's gold.

Yellow rock*

Okay, so Agustria has officially fallen. Quan has the unfortunately-named spear of legend, and now it's on to beat up a recolor. I love how this chapter goes from Eldigan to the king of Agustria to some random-ass pirates that are recolors of the prologue's bosses. Nice going, Genealogy.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, so Agustria has officially fallen. Quan has the unfortunately-named spear of legend, and now it's on to beat up a recolor. I love how this chapter goes from Eldigan to the king of Agustria to some random-ass pirates that are recolors of the prologue's bosses. Nice going, Genealogy.

It just goes "Suddenly, bandits!"

Ah, bandits, the mild pepper of FE conflicts.

It's not like the pirates attacking is nonsensical though, they're looking at an ongoing war and trying to take advantage. Trying being the operative word.

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It just goes "Suddenly, bandits!"

And Bridget, who's... I think the first in the line of Kaga's awesome archer girls. Definitely feels like the predecessor of Raquel and Sylvis. Maybe Selphina, too? She's nowhere near the level of those three, but she's by far and away the best archer in Thracia, so...

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ah, bandits, the mild pepper of FE conflicts.

It's not like the pirates attacking is nonsensical though, they're looking at an ongoing war and trying to take advantage. Trying being the operative word.

That's true, I just find it funny how we go from Chagall to recolors of the prologue's bosses.

I like how Midir just flipped out upon meeting his crush's hotter sister. Must have something to do with the fact that the most handsome man in all of Jugdral snatched his crush from right under his nose.

In any case, Only Duvall is left now. I've sent Bridget back to Agusty. She can clean up the arena, then meet Aideen on her way back to Orgahil (Aideen can promote so I've sent her back to the base). I'll probably feed the boss kill to Azel or something, I just want to see the boss convo.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In any case, Only Duvall is left now. I've sent Bridget back to Agusty. She can clean up the arena, then meet Aideen on her way back to Orgahil

You can do the arena outside the main castle.

Just for convenience sake.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You can do the arena outside the main castle.

Just for convenience sake.

Yeah, I know, but since I wanted Aideen to speak to her and Ethlyn was right there, might as well.

Oh my God Bridget got Yewfelle, just like that. Yep, she's definitely the first, all right. Legendary bow immediately after recruitment? Sure, why the heck not!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Screen-Shot-2021-02-20-at-9-57-07-AM.png

This was posted four weeks ago on YouTube. I was bored and did a routine search and found this.

There were three games back in circa 2009-2010 that I was very disappointed to see on the DS, but which never left Japan due to the system being at the end of its lifespan. The games were.:

• Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow
  • Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga: Endless Frontier EXCEED
  • Luminous Arc 3

The third and last of these as shown in the above image is in the very real process of undergoing fan-translation!

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd be so into LA3 now, but my younger self is begging me to play it. I will obey its edict.

Sure EXCEED was great, but New Mystery... well I preferred the SNES original. LA3 could fall either way, though I'd hazard the latter. Emulation means I could speed up any slowness from this SRPG.

The game is sure to be a bit of a witch (six of them I think), but I'll be waiting with anticipation for it sometime later this year. Ya look good Levi!

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

AYO, MY BATEN KAITOS SAVES ARE STILL THERE!

Guess i must've transferred them over and just forgot about it.

Anyways this is good, it means i don't have to start from scratch.

Just ask if you need any assistance. I can brandish the old guide and my learned experience of the game.

By the way, don't throw your controller when the very next boss suddenly uses Self-Repair to fully heal itself. It only uses that once, I played through that boss several times on separate playthroughs and I never saw it happen a second time. There are some other bosses with healing as a warning, though boss healing tends to take the form of a "heals for damage dealt" attack, so playing defense Magnus if you have them on hand will cut into their healing.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

So i'm in the castle i was supposed to be heading towards. There's this cool mechanic where you have to deploy knights to assist the other knights in their fights. Problem is, i used them all so now any new knights i encounter just get murdered on the spot by enemies. Oops.

There is a room in the castle where showing the Diadem Royal Crest to people will let you recruit additional knights. Not sure if the room runs out of bodies, but I think it eventually would.

As for the knights you can recruit, they each have a value, Squire = 0.5, Apprentice Knight = 1, Knight = 2, Senior Knight = 4. The Diadem knights already in battle who you're helping count as 1; the Imperial Elites in white and red are 1, the Imperial Blackhelms are 2. You need to assist the Diadem knights enough so their score exceeds the imperials they are fighting, doesn't matter by how much.

When the castle has been secured, don't forget to help with cleaning all the debris, there are two little quests of that. Talk to the knight by the Diadem Royal Crest afterwards for your rewards. Not doing these could potentially lock you out of a Constellation Magnus if you want to complete the Star Map, you can give the knight a flower later, but he will give you only one of the three rewards you could get from doing the cleaning, meaning if you don't get Hydra as your random reward (savescumming possible? IDK), you'd be forever missing a constellation. -Not that the final reward for collecting all of them is actually good. Though having so many little gifts along the way kinda makes up for it. 

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That damn Djinn Storm...

Don't remind me, one of the worse boss abilities in gaming, considering how no Djinn means you lose so many stats and a bunch of heals. How I wish I still had Wish! And Revive.

Bye Finn. And Quan and Ethlyn, I guess.

Oh hey, it's Misha's mother. Just a random boss with no personality at the beginning of chapter 4. Remind me again, why is this person in Heroes? I get the likes of Kempf, and Veld at least didn't have that much competition (by all rights they should've added Raydrik, but who else is there, really? Largo?), but Dithorba's just a complete nobody aside from her connection to another nobody from the series's least popular game. She doesn't even get to keep her portrait to herself.

Why her? Why her and not... I dunno, Reptor? Reptor's a pretty big deal, at least. And he wears a monocle. That'd be a good addition to Heroes, considering Heroes has exactly one monocle in it. That's just disgraceful.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The third and last of these as shown in the above image is in the very real process of undergoing fan-translation!

OOO: Nice 😄

I really should try LA sometime....

I tried the first one on mobile using a DS emulator and it was laggy ag (and coming from Stella Glow it was also a bit rough ngl)

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is a room in the castle where showing the Diadem Royal Crest to people will let you recruit additional knights. Not sure if the room runs out of bodies, but I think it eventually would.

Alright, so i guess that's how that works because i've been showing the Royal Crest to every knight i come across and it doesn't work because they are either dead or "we'll secure this room".

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

. Not doing these could potentially lock you out of a Constellation Magnus if you want to complete the Star Map, you can give the knight a flower later, but he will give you only one of the three rewards you could get from doing the cleaning, meaning if you don't get Hydra as your random reward (savescumming possible? IDK), you'd be forever missing a constellation. -Not that the final reward for collecting all of them is actually good.

Yeah, i think i won't prioritize this. Like, i'll get it if i come across it but i won't lose sleep over it.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh hey, it's Misha's mother. Just a random boss with no personality at the beginning of chapter 4. Remind me again, why is this person in Heroes? I get the likes of Kempf, and Veld at least didn't have that much competition (by all rights they should've added Raydrik, but who else is there, really? Largo?), but Dithorba's just a complete nobody aside from her connection to another nobody from the series's least popular game. She doesn't even get to keep her portrait to herself.

Why her? Why her and not... I dunno, Reptor? Reptor's a pretty big deal, at least. And he wears a monocle. That'd be a good addition to Heroes, considering Heroes has exactly one monocle in it. That's just disgraceful.

Because Erynis and Annaad made it on to the same banner so they figured "let's put the latter's killer as a Tempest Trial/GBH/whatever they did" into the game as well.

51 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

OOO: Nice 😄

I really should try LA sometime....

I tried the first one on mobile using a DS emulator and it was laggy ag (and coming from Stella Glow it was also a bit rough ngl)

No surprise there, the dev team gradually got better with each game it seems. Hello 30 EXP per buff applied to someone other than the user & heal used on someone with less than full HP, and leveling up every 100 EXP with a full HP & MP heal. How is this not too good? You started at the end product, going back to the very first can be that way. Not to mention LA1 specifically seemed a little laggy at times even on a real DS those eons ago. I don't think I noticed lag in LA2, just plain old slowness that wasn't caused by technical issues.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Because Erynis and Annaad made it on to the same banner so they figured "let's put the latter's killer as a Tempest Trial/GBH/whatever they did" into the game as well.

Kinda arbitrary, no? I mean, if the entire banner was Silesse-themed I could see it, but then there's Azel and Lex in there. There was as much reason to toss Langbalt as the grand hero battle as this recolor. Heck, more reason - he's the father of one of the other units in the banner, one of the main villains of gen 1 and a wielder of Helswath. That's all pretty neat!

Oh, well. Who am I to judge the experts at IntSys. I'm sure everyone was beyond excited for an extra waifu, anyway.

EDIT: Oh by the way, Dithorba does not kill Annand. That's a different green pegasus knight. Dithorba's just a rando that gets murdered in the first part of chapter 4.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Image result for it is a mystery

I mean, Pamela was right there and more relevant in that chapter (And killed Annaad). But no, Dithorba.

I mean, what about Penta-Axe General? How could you forget?

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I mean, Pamela was right there and more relevant in that chapter (And killed Annaad). But no, Dithorba.

Yeah, that's what I was saying in my edit. If it was Pamela I could at least get where they're coming from, but Dithorba is the equivalent of putting Merach, or Magnum, or Guile, or Brook, or Morgan, or Boies, or Saar, or Radmin in Heroes. What's that, you don't know who any of those people are? Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Dithorba has the Misha connection, and absolutely nothing else. And Misha herself isn't even in Heroes or is that popular to begin with.

Yeah, that's what I was saying in my edit. If it was Pamela I could at least get where they're coming from, but Dithorba is the equivalent of putting Merach, or Magnum, or Guile, or Brook, or Morgan, or Boies, or Saar, or Radmin in Heroes. What's that, you don't know who any of those people are? Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Dithorba has the Misha connection, and absolutely nothing else. And Misha herself isn't even in Heroes or is that popular to begin with.

I didn't even remember her being Misha's mother until they were talking about her inclusion in Heroes and checked her quotes where Misha comes up. There's nothing much there in her quotes beyond her thinking about Misha and not being fans of Lahna and the pegasisters, so no surprises from her.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but Dithorba is the equivalent of putting Merach, or Magnum, or Guile, or Brook, or Morgan, or Boies, or Saar, or Radmin in Heroes. What's that, you don't know who any of those people are? Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Archanean... Chapter 5 of SD? Or is the one in Bantu's recruitment chapter?

The next bolded one is... Blazing Blade early Knight boss? The chapter in Santaruz where Guy is recruited? Bald-headed was he?

Chapter 5 Sacred Stones for the third bolded, the Serafew battle with recruitable Joshua?

The last bolded I remember is almost certainly the thunder mage boss of the swamp battle in RD Part 1. If I'm thinking of the right person, he does look like look somewhat like the abomination that had yet to be that is Excellus.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Archanean... Chapter 5 of SD? Or is the one in Bantu's recruitment chapter?

The next bolded one is... Blazing Blade early Knight boss? The chapter in Santaruz where Guy is recruited? Bald-headed was he?

Chapter 5 Sacred Stones for the third bolded, the Serafew battle with recruitable Joshua?

The last bolded I remember is almost certainly the thunder mage boss of the swamp battle in RD Part 1. If I'm thinking of the right person, he does look like look somewhat like the abomination that had yet to be that is Excellus.

All correct. Merach is indeed the boss of chapter 5. As for the other ones, they're dude from chapter 4 gaiden (Alm route), fat pirate from book 2 chapter 4, blonde Largo from Thracia chapter 16A and Legance recolor from Bartre's route.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I just want to say that I called it.

Also, we talk about Triangle Strategy to cope, but truth is, it's far closer to Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics. So, F for us.

Also, we talk about Triangle Strategy to cope, but truth is, it's far closer to Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics. So, F for us.

F indeed.

Honestly i've been taking a break from FE for a while now, and have been hoping the direct would've something to bring me back in.

But no such luck.

Now i am waiting for my fav. fanproject to update xD

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my God Bridget got Yewfelle, just like that. Yep, she's definitely the first, all right. Legendary bow immediately after recruitment? Sure, why the heck not!

The Yewfelle is kinda funny. It gives only +20 in stats compared to the +30 most others give. In exchange it gives health regen, which... probably is not all that handy on a player phase unit. It's also the heaviest bow by far, so part of that speed is negated anyway.

Of course the Ulir bloodline also got kinda screwed over in terms of blessing. Their boosted stat is Luck. Luck doesn't help at all with archery. All it does is give you half the avoid that speed does.
Not exactly helped by the fact that bows, including the Yewfelle, have terrible accuracy.

Oh btw, Levin and Fury have a talk in chapter 4 that will turn them into lovers, no questions asked. So keep that in mind if you don't want Sety.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Take that F back, it's still fun gameplay.

The story does need some refining and the voting mechanics probably need some work, but the actual maps were fine enough if I'd done thing better than I had and I enjoyed trying to trap enemies with the ice wall.

Least I enjoyed playing that demo more than FFT.