• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Also late happy birthday to @Leinex

BTW interesting that Persona 5 Royal has an own theme for battle advantages.

Can't tell right now ever noticing it any other RPGs before.

Also this thread still exists?

Wow, I participated about a half decade ago when I wrote my cats stories.

Impressing it's still alive.

Edited by Falcom Knight

DQV time.

Spoiler

Alright, time for the final dungeon, Mt. Zugzwang! It's a long dungeon, but thankfully the Happy Hats plus the Sage's Stone means I will conserve my HP and MP. Most enemy encounters only need Oomph on Madason and Parry, pretty much.

Then, at least, we find Madalena... and time for the final fight against Bishop Ladja! He's... well, standard as far as bosses go. Has fire and ice breath attacks plus Kafrizzle, and can sometimes attack twice per round. Also a paralysis-inducing breath. So, Oomph on the guys while they wail on with physical attacks (after Parry casts Insulatle), the girls heal or cast spells. Unfortunately, Ladja fully resists everything except for the Frizz, Sizz, and Bang line spells, and Fire Breath attacks, which is only a 20% resist. So it was Kaboom and Kafrizzle. And finally, he goes down! Sadly, so does Madalena, killed by Nimzo.

I figured I could go ahead and finish the whole thing off tonight. And I did reach Nimzo. Who to my disappointment the mobile version took out his faux Cyrillic text in the speech boxes. So he's no longer the Gядиdмдstзя фf Идdiяiд, just... the Grandmaster of Nadiria. Aw. lol

Well, anyway... I was going to fight him... but then just when I almost got him... I... accidentally... used the Sands of Time.

Jump Out Window GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

AAFHDFADFGQ!"$!#&$%!"%$!"ERWFHAG!°°="($#/R&FABCQIWJDQK!!="(/#$$

Well, good news, the battle only gets reset to the beginning of his second phase (because of course the final boss has more than one form). The bad news... well, I had to do that part of the battle all over!

... sigh...

Well, I'll do this next time. I'll also go into detail about his boss battle then.

I'll get you next time, Nimzo. Next time! *shakes fist*

Edited by Acacia Sgt

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

DQV time.

Reveal hidden contents

Alright, time for the final dungeon, Mt. Zugzwang! It's a long dungeon, but thankfully the Happy Hats plus the Sage's Stone means I will conserve my HP and MP. Most enemy encounters only need Oomph on Madason and Parry, pretty much.

Then, at least, we find Madalena... and time for the final fight against Bishop Ladja! He's... well, standard as far as bosses go. Has fire and ice breath attacks plus Kafrizzle, and can sometimes attack twice per round. Also a paralysis-inducing breath. So, Oomph on the guys while they wail on with physical attacks (after Parry casts Insulatle), the girls heal or cast spells. Unfortunately, Ladja fully resists everything except for the Frizz, Sizz, and Bang line spells, and Fire Breath attacks, which is only a 20% resist. So it was Kaboom and Kafrizzle. And finally, he goes down! Sadly, so does Madalena, killed by Nimzo.

I figured I could go ahead and finish the whole thing off tonight. And I did reach Nimzo. Who to my disappointment the mobile version took out his faux Cyrillic text in the speech boxes. So he's no longer the Gядиdмдstзя фf Идdiяiд, just... the Grandmaster of Nadiria. Aw. lol

Well, anyway... I was going to fight him... but then just when I almost got him... I... accidentally... used the Sands of Time.

Jump Out Window GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

AAFHDFADFGQ!"$!#&$%!"%$!"ERWFHAG!°°="($#/R&FABCQIWJDQK!!="(/#$$

Well, good news, the battle only gets reset to the beginning of his second phase (because of course the final boss has more than one form). The bad news... well, I had to do that part of the battle all over!

... sigh...

Well, I'll do this next time. I'll also go into detail about his boss battle then.

I'll get you next time, Nimzo. Next time! *shakes fist*

How are you enjoying the game so far Acacia Sgt? 

5 hours ago, Benice said:

You get mostly used to people bickering.

Mostly.

Eh, shouldn't be that big of a deal.

-------------

Also, I got a Master Seal in Ch. 1-4 of Radiant Dawn, but I'm not sure who to use it on. Any suggestions?

In PoR I let most units promote on their own, but mages got promoted at level 10 because of slow leveling up. I'm not sure if I should do the same with Micaiah this time or Ilyana instead.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Save it. Get your units to level 20 naturally or with battle experience at the base, and let them naturally promote when they get to level 21. The Dawn Brigade are notorious for being very low leveled when you use them again after part one, so get them as many levels as possible before promoting them. 

Edited by Wraith

No seriously @Benice, how did you get Naliah killed in part 1 of RD? That's like deploying the Black Knight in the final chapter of part 1 and getting him accidentally killed. How do you even do that? 

Edited by Wraith

37 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Save it. Get your units to level 20 naturally or with battle experience at the base, and let them naturally promote when they to level 21. The Dawn Brigade are notorious for being very low leveled when you use them again after part one, so get them as many levels as possible before promoting them. 

Thanks. 👍

Hot take: Writing thread needs actual good prompts first...

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I dislike this part, as I usually hoard so many, that it takes me 1-2 hours to do crafting. It really should go by much quicker than that, and it's annoying. 

Ikr!

I just end up selling lower lvl stuff to save time

While everyone else is jamming to Xenoblade Music, I'm still playing this battle theme constantly. It just sticks to me, not really sure I can explain why, either.

For sure one of my favorite battle themes if not my favorite from the Xenosaga series.

49 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ikr!

I just end up selling lower lvl stuff to save time

I also don't like the randomization of it, either. Seriously, if I want to get a perfect gem that much, i'm going to reset/abuse to get what I want, so just give it to me the first time.

Also, I sell anything I know I generally won't use unless I need them to raise the % a bit on ones I want.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I also don't like the randomization of it, either. Seriously, if I want to get a perfect gem that much, i'm going to reset/abuse to get what I want, so just give it to me the first time.

at first i did that as well, but with how much time it takes and how many materials i have...

yeah...

Just now, Shrimperor said:

at first i did that as well, but with how much time it takes and how many materials i have...

yeah...

I only do that for things I really want since there a very few instances where I want a gem for something very specific. Other than that, yeah, it's not really worth it.

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I survived Thracia 776...twice because I'm clinically insane. 

Now do Super Thracia

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I only do that for things I really want since there a very few instances where I want a gem for something very specific. Other than that, yeah, it's not really worth it.

>Agility Gem 3 at 198%

me:

373159924487684106.png?v=1

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

>Agility Gem 3 at 198%

me:

373159924487684106.png?v=1

Yeah, agility is kinda gamebreaking in Xenoblade Chronicles. Oh well.

Onto some Torna updates: i'm currently at level 29 and halfway done with Aletta.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Now do Super Thracia

I don't play fan hacks and I did my time Shrimperor. On those long winter nights, in the obsidian mists of my room, I still sometimes have night terrors because of Thracia 776. And it's almost been a decade Shrimperor...A WHOLE DECADE!!!! 

Edited by Wraith

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

I don't play fan hacks and I did my time Shrimperor. On those long winter nights, in the obsidian mists of my room, I still have night terrors because of Thracia 776.

Sober up old man, T776 is not that horrifiying

it's not FE6

Got my main four (now five, thanks, Emi--, I mean Nameless) to level 150 and took on the first level 150 Extra Battle. It's a melee against the team of Umu, Miko~n, and WaifuTera. Hakuno did say they have crappy teamwork, but I expected it to be a lot harder than it was. I wasn't even playing as Karna for that battle, but as the aforementioned Nameless (UBW OP).

Also:

KUUpUZ8.jpgowAfboA.jpg0xMtWXt.jpg

I love the writing in this game, lmao

And as for battle themes I'm currently jamming to... I have this one stuck in my head for some reason:

Maybe it's a sign that I should be playing Atelier games again.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Eh, shouldn't be that big of a deal.

-------------

Also, I got a Master Seal in Ch. 1-4 of Radiant Dawn, but I'm not sure who to use it on. Any suggestions?

In PoR I let most units promote on their own, but mages got promoted at level 10 because of slow leveling up. I'm not sure if I should do the same with Micaiah this time or Ilyana instead.

Do you know about the bonus experience system?

Bonus experience gives three stats guaranteed unless more than three remaining stats are capped. The best way to use, is if someone has capped 2-3 stats. Edward usually caps HP, skill and speed in first tier before reaching level 20, so using bexp. on him is beneficial to raise his strength and defense. Micaiah caps magic and resistance before level 20, so she could get a few levels to fix her speed. Bonus experience can be really broken, if you know how to use it. If someone has capped their important stats early, you can use the master seal. Otherwise I recommend it to use at level 20 to skip an unnecessary level. Also Micaiah has a fixed promotion, so she can't use a master seal.

No seriously @Benice, how did you get Naliah killed in part 1 of RD? That's like deploying the Black Knight in the final chapter of part 1 and getting him accidentally killed. How do you even do that? 

If she's detransformed, she can die. It happened to me when I wanted to use her detransformed as bait not to ORKO all the enemies. Enemies can do two digit damage to her for sure. 

Edited by Falcom Knight

1 minute ago, Falcom Knight said:

Do you know about the bexp. system?

Bexp. gives three stats guaranteed unless more than three remaining stats are capped. The best way to use, is if someone has capped 2-3 stats. Edward usually caps HP, skill and speed in first tier before reaching level 20, so using bexp. on him is beneficial to raise his strength and defense. Micaiah caps magic and resistance before level 20, so she could get a few levels to fix her speed. Bonus experience can be really broken, if you know how to use it. If someone has capped their important stats early, you can use the master seal. Also Micaiah has a fixed promotion, so she can't use a master seal.

Yeah, I've been using BEXP on both Micaiah and Edward since they seemed to need it the most.

So Micaiah is like Ike with a fixed promo. I'll just keep working on building up my units in the chapters and with BEXP then. Thanks for the tips about the level caps.