Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah.

I don't recall Shadow Marios being that bad personally. Especially since you can exploit their movement.

They usually aren't bad, but in that galaxy you also gotta focus on the golden chomp which requires you to stay still for a bit...

Which makes shadow mario just wreck you

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Castle guard, you say?

How dare you insult the best character, I'll kill you!

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but FE4 Claude is just some guy, FE16 Claude is a protagonist.

That's a funny way to refer to the glorified secondary that did absolutely nothing in three of the routes, and... heck, barely anything in his own, because it was a copy-paste of Silver Snow.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf, FE4 never made it out of Japan.

Tomas and Lorenz are both used in FE11, which very much made it out of Japan.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wouldn't be surprised if some names get changed in a remake/those characters make it into Heroes.

That could work for Hilda and Claude, but... Well, Tomas and Lorenz.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sometimes names swap. Like, Effie in Conquest is Faye in the Japanese version and Faye in SoV is Effie in the Japanese version.

Oh yeah... That's weird, too. Nothing weirder than Arthur, though. He was Harold in Japanese, but for some ungodly reason they decided to change it to a name that had already been used twice with different spellings. The fuck...?

It is totally possible to play with almost entirely the substitutes and no holy weapons aside from Tyrfing.

It's definitely harder though.

Meanwhile, it's weird being one of the most experienced in the game being discussed by a bunch of people new to it.

While I'm focused on trying to 100% a game with Nomura design all over it.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, seriously. Genealogy experts, what the hell am I doing wrong? This is the worst boss I've seen in any FE since I played Binding Blade. Jesus fucking Christ. The only thing I can come up with is send Shanan to the arena and pray that he can get one HP level to survive a hit, and then just do a bunch of turns of whiffing. What do you even do if Shanan's somehow dead? Restart the chapter?

Can't Ares take him on? His sword gives him magic resistance.

Btw, which Light tome did you get for Julia?

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It is totally possible to play with almost entirely the substitutes and no holy weapons aside from Tyrfing.

It's definitely harder though.

How do you even beat Blume with substitutes and no Balmung? Genuine question, that guy's dodge is insane.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Can't Ares take him on? His sword gives him magic resistance.

Oh.

Ares.

Right.

...I completely forgot about him pfffffhwahahahahahahahahahahah...!

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

How many times has Ruben said he was gonna kill me?

And yet, here I am.

233690244606722048.png?v=1

XD

Hmph... We'll see who laughs last. Nobodoy knows what the future holds, my friend!

Just now, BrightBow said:

Btw, which Light tome did you get for Julia?

I nabbed Johalvier, so nosferatu.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And don't get me wrong, right now the only trouble has been Ishtore, Liza and Blume with their one billion leadership stars that made them unhittable. Everything else could be handled by my scrubs. It just annoys me that I had to give half the bosses to Shanan because nobody else stood a chance to land a hit. I don't think Kaga thought things through when he made each leadership star give 10 avoid... In any case, Conquest lategame this ain't. Yet, at least, and never, I hope.

If you had Lachesis' kids, both of them would have Charisma. Combined with Celice's Leadership, that would be +40% hit and avoid.

Edited by BrightBow

I would join the FE4 Party, but I'm busy with schoolwork, BWS, and HSoS (particularly thirsting over Drake.)

Look at this man. I may be straight, but he's hot.

vs2drake.jpg.80169c33864b7098c60cfe933abced7b.jpg

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

How many times has Ruben said he was gonna kill me?

And yet, here I am.

233690244606722048.png?v=1

XD

He has truly mastered the way of the bad unit, he needs a couple strength levels and maybe some speed but... no, they’re not gonna happen.

Anyway, I may as well spend the rest of my lunch break playing fe4.

Edited by Sooks

My Arden has, like...I think three magic right now? And IIRC he's level 10. So that's great.

And Dew is actually good at fighting before promotion and I hate it.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

Look at this man. I may be straight, but he's hot.

vs2drake.jpg.80169c33864b7098c60cfe933abced7b.jpg

Where have I seen this face before? I know I've seen somebody with this as their profile picture, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

...Wait-- Was it you, actually? Before Owen?

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

If you had Lachesis' kids, both of them would have Charisma. Combined with Celice's Leadership, that would be +40% hit and avoid.

Right... Too bad Lachesis had an accident.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

He has truly mastered the way of the bad unit, he needs a couple strength levels and maybe some speed but... no, they’re not gonna happen.

Hahahahahah... You bastard.

This chapter is named after Eldigan.

RIP Eldigan, I (think) I know where this is going.

At least, according to Twilit, he will make himself useful in a talk with Raquesis.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

...Wait-- Was it you, actually? Before Owen?

Heh, yep! Months and months ago, simply because he's a funny unit and he's hot

This chapter is named after Eldigan.

RIP Eldigan, I (think) I know where this is going.

At least, according to Twilit, he will make himself useful in a talk with Raquesis.

It's rough to get done, but it saves you some difficulty as a player if you have Lachesis talk to Eldigan. Worth it, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I nabbed Johalvier, so nosferatu.

Technically the choice of brother has nothing to do with it. It simply depends on which castle you conquer first. Or maybe the order in which you conquer both of them? I don't remember. It's been a minute.
Btw, Nosferatu also ignores Great Shield for some reason. Probably not intentional, but it's a thing.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right... Too bad Lachesis had an accident.

I don't remember if you killed of Sylvia too, but if you did your dancer should have Charisma.

8 minutes ago, Spara said:

Heh, yep! Months and months ago, simply because he's a funny unit and he's hot

Ahahahaha... Always a noble reason to have someone's picture on your profile.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

RIP to Finn's OTP.

A lot of people had an accident over the course of that map. Many OTPs fell to the ground. Real tragic.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's rough to get done

Unless she has already promoted. Which she had for me, because staff experience.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Technically the choice of brother has nothing to do with it. It simply depends on which castle you conquer first. Or maybe the order in which you conquer both of them? I don't remember. It's been a minute.

Wait-- What? You can conquer both castles? There was an NPC on Sophara, and it turned green, so I assumed I wasn't meant to do anything there!

Btw, Nosferatu also ignores Great Shield for some reason. Probably not intentional, but it's a thing.

Huh... How random.

I don't remember if you killed of Sylvia too, but if you did your dancer should have Charisma.

Hurray for my lack of foresight. And plain sight, too. Thanks. That'll be useful for the next Blume encounter, if nothing else.

EDIT: Wait no, I read incorrectly. Sylvia survived because I found Alecia funny, so sucks to be me.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nothing weirder than Arthur, though. He was Harold in Japanese, but for some ungodly reason they decided to change it to a name that had already been used twice with different spellings. The fuck...?

FE4 Arthur is still stuck in Japan so from a Western perspective, there is just Artur and Arthur.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

True, but still... Why? What was the need? Harold was fine!

*Shrug* 

Name changes have been a thing in localizations since forever. I mean, Optimus Prime's Japanese name is Convoy. 

Why must the paragon band be so expensive to buy back... Sigurd really doesn’t need it.

By the way, Dew can freely give money to anyone he wants.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait-- What? You can conquer both castles? There was an NPC on Sophara, and it turned green, so I assumed I wasn't meant to do anything there!

Then I guess it depends on which you conquer first. Like I said, it's been a while.
But yeah, you can conquer both because the southern castle is on the way to be conquered by the next wave of enemies if they turn green.

Btw, I don't know if you noticed it, but both Light and Dark magic have WTA advantage over any other type of magic.