Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If i have to guess why, it's because in the first draft of Fate (also known as Fate/Prototype), King Arthur was actually male, while Main Character was Female. Final Product had MC being Male, so i guess Arthur got changed to be also a romance target

I mean, they didn't need to change King Arthur's gender for this.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There isn't any i can think of lol

Wouldn't be surprised tho, since there are far, far more male historical figures than female. The few female historical figures keep their genders in Fate iirc.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And, as I mentioned it before several times, you likely picked up the Tri-Crecendo and Monolith Pens in the dressers in the one house here. Play them -and just them- together to create a Holy Grail. Then, play a Holy Grail with Japanese Rice Wine, buy the Uncooked Rice in the shop in Reverence and let it age 1 hour if you don't have any. 

The end result? Sacred Wine! This heals 500 HP, has a 100% chance of reviving fallen allies in battle, and never ages, ever. These facets make it one of the best healing Magnus in the game.

Good to know. I'll see if i can do this after i finish up the Spirit Shrine.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, and anime, especially for the rest that followed lol.

Then made Nero a woman, enough said there. Then someone else did it to Caligula.

In before there's an anime focusing on Empress Dominitan

I now these many years later find Canas's gameplay "greatness" to be not so great, but as a character, yes I do so love him! A splendid scholarly nerd, without excessive gimmick, he is rather realistic in a good way.

I'd still argue he has the best return of the unpromoted mages myself, though Lucius has that C staves going for him.

Just now, Armagon said:

I mean, they didn't need to change King Arthur's gender for this

Imagine japanese 2004 audience buying a Yaoi VN xD

Well, the Fujoshi crowd definetly would xD

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Wouldn't be surprised tho, since there are far, far more male historical figures than female. The few female historical figures keep their genders in Fate iirc.

I asked around some more and

https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Chevalier_d'Eon

The closest would be this, because while even if he was hisorically male, he lived most of his life as Female before he told everyone he was male (atleast according to wikipedia)

Normal students: Complete their assignments normally, just looking at the chemical reactions and labeling them properly

Me, someone of culture: Yl602Ap.jpg

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

asked around some more and

https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Chevalier_d'Eon

The closest would be this, because while even if he was hisorically male, he lived most of his life as Female before he told everyone he was male (atleast according to wikipedia)

And then Fate decided to just have it a mystery, at least that's why I get from the FGO Wiki listing d'Eon's gender as "???".

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

It’s afternoon for him. Be responsible!

Responsible, I don’t know even know what that means. Speak plain English instead of Welsh young man.

Edited by Wraith

S160_Stage2.webp

Fate/Prototype Arthur

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And then Fate decided to just have it a mystery, at least that's why I get from the FGO Wiki listing d'Eon's gender as "???".

atleast he has ''Man'' Attribute, whatever that means xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

atleast he has ''Man'' Attribute, whatever that means xD

I assume human.

As in, the way Bambi treats Man.

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/harvest_moon_one_world

Looking at Metacritic, this is unusually vicious, but yeah... Natsume is still trashy trash trash no matter how you slice it. Even when Marvelous does poorly, it's still triple platinum compared to the name-thief. As long as it's for a game I don't love, then I love a rampaging review.😋

15 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Then made Nero a woman, enough said there. Then someone else did it to Caligula.

The thing is, Nero's mother, Aggripina, would make for a great nefarious Roman lady. He tried to kill her "by accident" for being overbearing and controlling, and then sent in soldiers to finish her, with her in fiction telling her killers to stab her in the womb that bore Nero.

Valeria Messalina, wife of Emperor Claudius, would be another good Roman lady of infamy. According to the stories spun around her, she challenged the greatest prostitute in Rome to see who could please the most men in one night. It ended in a tie, but she was still unsatisfied.

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'd still argue he has the best return of the unpromoted mages myself, though Lucius has that C staves going for him.

Luna is a little overrated, his stats and growths are too balanced. But it doesn't make a huge difference, the three unpromoted magic users in FE7 are quite similar. In the end, I lean on Lucius myself.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Luna is a little overrated, his stats and growths are too balanced. But it doesn't make a huge difference, the three unpromoted magic users in FE7 are quite similar. In the end, I lean on Lucius myself.

I find Canas doing just fine with Flux myself, especially with his better con preventing it from slowing him down.

Lucius for me is just in the right place that I don't find him all that reliable to start using right away with no LM training in higher difficulties.

The thing is, Nero's mother, Aggripina, would make for a great nefarious Roman lady. He tried to kill her "by accident" for being overbearing and controlling, and then sent in soldiers to finish her, with her in fiction telling her killers to stab her in the womb that bore Nero.

Valeria Messalina, wife of Emperor Claudius, would be another good Roman lady of infamy. According to the stories spun around her, she challenged the greatest prostitute in Rome to see who could please the most men in one night. It ended in a tie, but she was still unsatisfied.

I think I actually heard about Aggripina saying that before, huh. Valeria not so much.

"but she was still unsatisfied." What is with the seemingly gigantic GrecoRoman thirst?

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/harvest_moon_one_world

Looking at Metacritic, this is unusually vicious, but yeah... Natsume is still trashy trash trash no matter how you slice it. Even when Marvelous does poorly, it's still triple platinum compared to the name-thief. As long as it's for a game I don't love, then I love a rampaging review.😋

You honestly have to wonder how these keep being pumped out. Surely they aren't making enough money to justify sequels...... right?

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

"but she was still unsatisfied." What is with the seemingly gigantic GrecoRoman thirst?

Well, when the gods and spirits you believe in are also incredibly horny, that's gonna affect your society somehow.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I now these many years later find Canas's gameplay "greatness" to be not so great,

He used to be luna/10. Now that people have realized that luna really only destroys like four bosses in the game and is otherwise not that great, they've knocked Canas to "not Marcus" tier alongside the rest of the cast, because people who make tier lists hate fun.

Still, a shaman's a shaman. Shaman are awesome. Still would use every time, if I had any desire to play FE7 ever again in my life.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

but as a character, yes I do so love him! A splendid scholarly nerd, without excessive gimmick, he is rather realistic in a good way.

Oh yeah, no contest there, as a character he's wonderful. His design's great, too!

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well, when the gods and spirits you believe in are also incredibly horny, that's gonna affect your society somehow.

Greco-Roman myths/legends 69% of the time:

0ff.gif

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

if I had any desire to play FE7 ever again in my life.

Smh.

Why don’t you like fe7 anymore? I know the plot is bad, but you like Conquest so...

I mean, I think the gameplay is good. Maybe you don’t.

Edited by Sooks

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

luna really only destroys like four bosses in the game and is otherwise not that great

You forget the Cog of Destiny Valkyries (who for some are worse than the bosses) and in this game they're Anima, so even more hit for best mage.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

69%

Nice.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think the gameplay is good.

Same. I've said before but I think GBA FE is a prime example of "simple is best" when it comes to the gameplay. It's done well enough to where it can stand alongside the other FE games of greater complexity (and if I'm being honest, the gap between simple FE and complex FE isn't really that big, this isn't Xenoblade).

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Smh.

Why don’t you like fe7 anymore? I know the plot is bad, but you like Conquest so...

I don't care much about FE's plot. I mean, if it's good I'll enjoy it and gush about it, but if it isn't, that is of little importance to me.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I think the gameplay is good. Maybe you don’t.

Indeed, I don't. I don't think it's a blight on mankind's history like Triple Homes, or as insufferably tedious as PoR. I just find it to be the most uninspired, stock, boring, vanilla FE in the series. It's FE6 with a slightly better story, give-or-take map quality, a bit of QoL and a worse cast. Bleh.

And for the record, this isn't anything new. I was done with FE7 far before it was trendy to hate on it. Heck, I don't think I've played FE7 since before I played FE12 - which was like half a decade ago at this point!

15 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You forget the Cog of Destiny Valkyries (who for some are worse than the bosses) and in this game they're Anima, so even more hit for best mage.

Right. Canas is badas.

Canas is pretty great. Guy only needs 2 levels for promotion. And a promotion item becomes available right in the next map, so that works out really nicely for him.

Edited by BrightBow