• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Me when I use Sophia FE6

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

like how this has somehow come to the point where you're defending TRS's story from me. Funny how that works, eh?

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

As for Ninian... I wish they'd found a way to revive her without resorting to a deus ex machina that comes completely out of nowhere. Like, I dunno... Instead of randomly dying to old age(?), Athos sacrifices the last of his power to bring Ninian back to life. Let you keep him for the dragon because that'd be a pretty big dickmove, then have him collapse afterwards and reveal how costly the revival was for him and that it was difficult enough to keep standing to fight the last dragon.

I would take this.

Keep Bramimond in the shadows where he belongs, the useless character.

Hey, Bramimond is very cool conceptually. He just...... doesn't really get anything.

Keep Bramimond in the shadows where he belongs, the useless character.

👿

I understand him being alive a big retcon problem. But I will not let you insult the Buddha of Darkness! Bramimond is one of a kind in FE, a very interesting kind, something I wish we had more of. Gwenchaos is total loser, nobody, not anyone ever in all of FE or its has-been founder's knockoffs has attained the absolute perfection of the dark arts that Bramimond has.

-I take back the overly dramatic words, but you should see my point.😜

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Taking the heat off the pan a sec. Am I alone in feeling like I don't really catch tone in foreign languages? Thus affecting being able to listen to subbed works?

It could be Japanese specifically as I see the issue more often with it, but I just cannot get what characters are conveying in tone more often than not and it's bugging me because even if I don't know a language (which is just plain likely as I've never been all that good at that)if I can see the tone I can get something out of it.

Just something on my mind this evening.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Am I being called a filthy casual!?

We are all filthy casuals.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Bramimond is one of a kind in FE, a very interesting kind, something I wish we had more of.

Yeah honestly like, Bramimond simply..... exists. Just by the little we know about him, Bramimond is an omni-character, which is a really interesting concept for a character. I can't really think of another example.

Which is why I'd be totally onboard with a Scouring-set Elibe prequel. I want firsthand look at Bramimond becoming.......existence.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Taking the heat off the pan a sec. Am I alone in feeling like I don't really catch tone in foreign languages? Thus affecting being able to listen to subbed works?

I can't say I ever really felt this. Because even if I don't understand the language, I can still catch tone by just visual context clues.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I can't say I ever really felt this. Because even if I don't understand the language, I can still catch tone by just visual context clues.

Ah see, I was on about tone of voice and delivery, but not everything has it's character's faces done distinctly enough for emotions to be crystal clear.

The autism probably doesn't help any of that.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Which is why I'd be totally onboard with a Scouring-set Elibe prequel. I want firsthand look at Bramimond becoming.......existence.

So we want to see him become suffering?

Speaking of Bramimond

A shame this is simply a fan mashup and not the official route but this is still cool.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So we want to see him become suffering?

Did he actually suffer? Idk, maybe I'm missing something.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Did he actually suffer? Idk, maybe I'm missing something.

I meant in the sense of life is suffering. How should I know how he suffered when there's no info on how Brammimond mastered elder magic?

Honestly, Brammimond not taking the "I am legion" route and instead matching his? voice to whoever's in conversation with him stands out more to me and of course Heroes references it but of course it can't show it actively.

Edited by Dayni

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Honestly, Brammimond not taking the "I am legion" route and instead matching his? voice to whoever's in conversation with him stands out more to me and of course Heroes references it but of course it can't show it actively.

How about both? Or is that too much?

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How about both? Or is that too much?

Pulling off the legion effect and not bleeding the ears is certainly a technical challenge, but far from implausible. My preference is for Brammimond to reflect who they converse with specifically, but it doesn't answer them addressing crowds, so would that default to matching the voices of everyone they address I wonder.

Edited by Dayni

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I was thinking it'd be similar to the process of sokushinbutsu. Albeit less deadly and with more magic entering his body.

Basically, I imagine trading nourishment by food and water for living through the ambient dark energies, which the mind in unceasing meditation tries to regulate the flow of. If the mind fails to properly balance the presence of darkness in the body, then either they die due to lack of nourishment, or they become overwhelmed by darkness and made into a vegetable, or a wild beast if they still have enough life in them. If one maintains the equilibrium of dark magic in oneself long enough, it becomes second nature, instinctive like breathing. At that point, you become like Bramimond.

Bramimond still has a free will capable of doing what he wants, and he still has his old memories, it's only the personality that he has surrendered. So he retains a sense of self, but it's less than what a normal human has, he given away some of it, but clings to the important parts. Trading the ultimately superficial aspect of personality for unparalleled mastery of the eldritch magics, is a worthwhile trade I can see.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Pulling off the legion effect and not bleeding the ears is certainly a technical challenge, but far from implausible. My preference is for Brammimond to reflect who they converse with specifically, but it doesn't answer them addressing crowds, so would that default to matching the voices of everyone they address.

The "legion effect" isn't terrible if you limit it two people I think. I can name one example in gaming I love of it, but that could just be me.

As for how to deal with masses of people, I would consider the route of attuning the voice to the overall mood of the crow. If they are all angry, Bramimond is purely angry. If there is a mixture of emotions, Bramimond could vary mid-sentence in tone, a high of anger, followed by a low of sadness, and then to a finish of jubilation.

Dangit, why did Petroleum and my grade 5 french teacher have to show up when I was about to play soccer with Bana as the ball?

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

XB2 spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Morag, why do you have to join at such a low level?

This battle theme slaps.

How overlvld are you xD

And yes, it does

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

How overlvld are you xD

Uh...

35, except for Tora, who's 34.

Wow, Chain attacks are really good once you figure them out...

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Uh...

35, except for Tora, who's 34.

Wow, Chain attacks are really good once you figure them out...

And what lvl was morag? 33?

Because usually it's around party avarge when you get a new member

Just now, Shrimperor said:

And what lvl was morag? 33?

She's level 27. So I dunno what went on there.

55 minutes ago, Benice said:

She's level 27. So I dunno what went on there.

That shouldn't have happened.

Buuuuut, Morag does join kinda weak anyways. Not level wise but setup wise.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Wow, Chain attacks are really good once you figure them out

Overkill bonus go brrr

Edited by Armagon