• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I was a bit late to my class, and in my haste, I forgot my mask in the car and only realized when I was riding the elevator up to the classroom. I walked through campus for five minutes. In the middle of break time, so everyone was chilling out there.

The shame...

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The absolute state of our discussions, summarized with one simple gif

c46.gif

This is just us at the other.

Yes. Basically.

...Except for Leonie. Leonie is like, the only topic on which we agree.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

k86dtXa.png

You better have put my face on the one that wins, or else I'll be forced to threaten your life.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Sennet as a fourth! The game definitely bit off too much narrative. Yet, inĀ the end, you still get to see Sennet say goodbye to his adopted mother and other stuff. It's undeserved, because we don't see his journey save for a few snippets.

Canaan seems pretty interesting overall, Sennet would provide more of that.

Plus, Tia's adventureĀ is inextricably linked to Sennet's, so it's a package deal.

Yes, absolutely. I agree with this 100%.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think in this case though that the debating is in generally good nature. I don't think this time it's going to turn into a human-pretending-to-be-a-bot arguing ad infinitum against a thousand sane people.

I'm glad it comes across that way. I wouldn't want to become the deuteragonist of Teehee's latest flame war. Just the deuteragonist of Teehee's latest campfire war.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is double funny because Rubeino likes beards and Kong has a beard in this new movie.

Ahh.

Okay then, I'll take it.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Kong just seemed more fitting for a boomer at heart, idk why.

Oi! How dare you! That isn't true at all! I am too horny to be a boomer!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was a bit late to my class, and in my haste, I forgot my mask in the car and only realized when I was riding the elevator up to the classroom. I walked through campus for five minutes. In the middle of break time, so everyone was chilling out there.

The shame...

And they all just look at you, no one actually says it for what feels like a good while, even the people that work there.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You better have put my face on the one that wins, or else I'll be forced to threaten your life.

Itā€™s not out yet, and if you want to know whoā€™s likely to win you should ask @ArmagonĀ and/or @Lightchao42

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well the original King Kong movie does predate the original Godzilla movie by 21 years so yeah, I guess that's fitting.

You should watch both btw. Really fascinating how they pulled it off in the era of rudimentary cinema.

I could just read about that thought. Isnā€™t the whole pint of Kaiju films just the whole spectacle of big monster thing(s)? I donā€™t know if I would like that.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And they all just look at you, no one actually says it for what feels like a good while, even the people that work there.

If they did, I've no idea. Nobody said anything. I just walked to the building minding my own business and stepped in the elevator, and then I realized that I was breathing a bit too easily.

Itā€™s not out yet, and if you want to know whoā€™s likely to win you should ask @ArmagonĀ and/or @Lightchao42

You want me to ask the person I'm fighting if it's likely that I'll win?

...Well, is it, @Armagon? Please, do tell.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh when i made the comparison, i was talking about the Sith themselves, not that branch cult that was in TROS. Even with "Rule of Two", the Sith count as a cult.

Ā  Even with indeed.

It's just that whatever number of people aligned with the Sith (Not just The Sith) there are, you don't do something as stupid as what tRoS did.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I gave Bernadetta deadeye like you recommended, but I havenā€™t heard good things about what happens when you aggro them.

I don't know your class layout and who's using what, so take this advice speculatively.

The approach I used with aggroing them is by doing so early I removed those centre archers with whatever options I have for 2-3 range while in the east part of the corridor, making the other opponents limited to mostly 1-range, thus being better able to stifle their offence when they did get to me. This only works if you have a bunch of CAs with 2-3+ range, though mages can get involved too if you're finishing them off. I wasn't too fast with this map in fairness and this should also account for the reinforcements.

Separate from that, Deadeye can be used on Miklan to drain his HP before you get to him. I did not have this option.

This scene is so based.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well Kong did win in the original King Kong vs Godzilla back in 1962.

Time will tell who wins in the rematch tho.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am too horny to be a boomer!

I meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean one of Kong's defining characteristics is that he's horny as fuck. Only the MonsterVerse incarnation isn't.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Isnā€™t the whole pint of Kaiju films just the whole spectacle of big monster thing(s)? I donā€™t know if I would like that.

Depends on the movie. Stuff like Godzilla: Final Wars and King of the Monsters are more about the spectacle.

Other movies like the originalĀ Godzilla and the Heisei Gamera trilogy have stories or messages they want to tell.

And pretty much every King Kong movie falls into this second category,Ā since Kong himself is more humanly relatable than most Kaiju. The only Kong movies that have been more about the spectacle is King Kong vs Godzilla and Godzilla vs Kong.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Well, is it, @Armagon? Please, do tell.

Hard to say honestly. King Kong did win originally but the 1962 film was working under a different set of rules than this movie.

Looking at the MonsterVerse continuity, Godzilla has the size, strength, durability and range advantage and has fought far bigger threats. Kong is much more agile and more intelligentĀ (we know he crafts a battle axe in this film) and likely has more battles under his belt because Skull Island will kill you, whereas Godzilla only really comes out when he's pissed.

From a story-telling perspective, Kong is being set-up as the underdog. Which makes a lot of sense given what the MonsterVerse has shown off.

There's also another thing based on the trailers and toys that people have spotted at Walmart (Lightchao knows where i'm going with this, i'll still spoiler-tag it but idk if you care about the movie)

Spoiler

MechaGodzilla is definitely gonna factor in somehow. We don't know what it's role is, we just know it's gonna be in the movie.

In truth, i can't really tell you how this fight is gonna go. Statistically, Godzilla wins but it's not 100%. Kong has a fighting chance.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well Kong did win in the original King Kong vs Godzilla back in 1962.

Time will tell who wins in the rematch tho.

Surely I, my arguments and opinions are superior, as well as my beard. I am very smart, you see.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean one of Kong's defining characteristics is that he's horny as fuck. Only the MonsterVerse incarnation isn't.

Huh. Go figure. Turns out Sooks was correct all along.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Looking at the MonsterVerse continuity, Godzilla has the size, strength, durability and range advantage and has fought far bigger threats. Kong is much more agile and more intelligentĀ (we know he crafts a battle axe in this film) and likely has more battles under his belt because Skull Island will kill you, whereas Godzilla only really comes out when he's pissed.

From a story-telling perspective, Kong is being set-up as the underdog. Which makes a lot of sense given what the MonsterVerse has shown off.

There's also another thing based on the trailers and toys that people have spotted at Walmart (Lightchao knows where i'm going with this, i'll still spoiler-tag it but idk if you care about the movie)

Ā  Hide contents

MechaGodzilla is definitely gonna factor in somehow. We don't know what it's role is, we just know it's gonna be in the movie.

In truth, i can't really tell you how this fight is gonna go. Statistically, Godzilla wins but it's not 100%. Kong has a fighting chance.

I'll be rooting for Kong, for the sole reason that he's me in Sooks's meme.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ngl, i'm rooting for Kong as well.

Well, i'm rooting for both. I am more of a Godzilla guy but Kong is still incredibly based so i'll be happy regardless of who wins.

I'll be sad if the movie sucks tho, i think this is the most hyped i've ever been for a movie which, trust me, doesn't happen a lot. Not saying this negatively, it's just that usually movies don't bring in as much hype as games for me.

Edit to clarify: upcoming movies usually don't bring in as much hype as upcoming games for me. I can get hyped for movies but it's usually after the fact.

Edited by Armagon

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not saying this negatively, it's just that usually movies don't bring in as much hype as games for me.

Yeah, I get you. I'm not much of a movie guy.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Edit to clarify: upcoming movies usually don't bring in as much hype as upcoming games for me. I can get hyped for movies but it's usually after the fact.

Ah. I don't get you, then. I'm not much of a movie guy at all.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Surely I, my arguments and opinions are superior, as well as my beard. I am very smart, you see.

But itā€™s not 1962 anymore.

Huh. Go figure. Turns out Sooks was correct all along.

How dare you insinuate that I could ever be incorrect!? Why, all of my opinions are always the correct ones!

Plot twist: I work for the marketing team. This is all my plan, you fool. By our merchĀ and a ticket! Mwahahaha!

1 minute ago, Benice said:

HGUYBHJUNIEROVBH

XENOBLADE, WHY?!

Benice has joined the Smash community. A moment of silence.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What happen?

I thought I'd found the way to the hecking control panel in factory.

...But it was a pipe that dropped me off of the titan.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I thought I'd found the way to the hecking control panel in factory.

...But it was a pipe that dropped me off of the titan.

Pain.

I wouldn't blame you if you looked up a walkthrough for this part, the factory really does suck.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But itā€™s not 1962 anymore.

Stop pretending I'm Wraith. You'll force me to start talking about weird sexual things again so I can prove my non-boomerness.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How dare you insinuate that I could ever be incorrect!? Why, all of my opinions are always the correct ones!

Oh no, I've influenced him...

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Pain.

I wouldn't blame you if you looked up a walkthrough for this part, the factory really does suck.

Eh, I'm not losing my mind in entirety yet.

I just wish that Tora were in the party so that combat would go quicker.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Stop pretending I'm Wraith. You'll force me to start talking about weird sexual things again so I can prove my non-boomerness.

But Wraith talks about his emperor all the time.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no, I've influenced him...

I have always been always right, you poor soul so lost in the teachings of KagaSaga.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You'll force me to start talking about weird sexual things again so I can prove my non-boomerness.

r/nocontext

ā€”ā€”ā€”

This music is always a joy to hear.