Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

If the mainstream is fine with impregnating Nowi,

People are not actually fine with this.

I mean, I would hope not. The sensible at least aren't.

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

What's more troublesome is the fact that Juni is technically wearing blackface (long story).

WHAT?

*Goes on Wiki*

Oh....I get what she was trying to do but yeeeeeeeeaaaah that's a yikes from me dawg.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Of course RD doesn't followup on this. I sorta wish it did, because it feels like a more gradual, "realistic" change of perspective away from 100% racist.

The pain of RD not having actual Support Convos.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I have been pronouncing the game title with the verb this whole time.

Yet again, I was wrong.

Rip & tear.....ring saga.

• Replies 177.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah that first group was the bane of my existence for a bit, but anything in particular bothering you?

Do you have some longer range to work with? I recommend sniping outside the final room just to leave DK alone in there.

It’s the second group. That entire room will also be aggro’d all at once and the mages have 16 AS. Why IS?

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Meanwhile, CK2 will always be there...

Fire Emblem/KagaSaga: *does something potentially problematic*

Crusader Kings: "you merely adopted the problematic-ness. I was born in it, moulded by it".

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Fire Emblem/KagaSaga: *does something potentially problematic*

Crusader Kings: "you merely adopted the problematic-ness. I was born in it, moulded by it".

Well, I mean...

dcp0kuozhpsy.jpg

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

It’s the second group. That entire room will also be aggro’d all at once and the mages have 16 AS. Why IS?

The speed was supposedly to prevent you cheesing them.

I mean, it worked.

Regardless, there's the avoid tiles to work with, baiting is a great option there. Are you on about the guys by the cell doors though?

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Regardless, there's the avoid tiles to work with, baiting is a great option there. Are you on about the guys by the cell doors though?

Didn’t try the avoid tiles, but I mean the whole room. The two armor knights with gambits, the two mages, the soldier and the myrm.

Edited by Sooks

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What Gambits do you have?

Didn’t try the avoid tiles, but I mean the whole room. The two armor knights with gambits, the two mages, and the soldier and the myrm.

I did aggro them by having someone who didn't die take a mage on a not avoid tile.

The armours are I hope slow enough to be beatable with magic, I'm also not remembering much issue with the myrm or soldier but it's been a while.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

People are not actually fine with this.

I mean, I would hope not. The sensible at least aren't.

If people weren't fine with it, then Awakening wouldn't have made a shitton of money, gotten record reviews everywhere and gotten a million people on this board listing it as their favorite Fire Emblem game. Nowi probably wouldn't have gotten alternate outfits with a very similar "aesthetic" in Heroes either.
To say nothing of the people who are just openly lusting over here. I noticed a few.

And of course it would have ran into trouble with rating boards, rather then just getting the equivalent of a T rating everywhere.

Just now, Armagon said:

Spanish royal family moment.

I think that even pales in comparison.

---

As I once said, CK2 has likely desensitized me. Not even stuff like the whole Nowi thing bothers me too much... in fiction. Obviously I do think it's an issue if it were to happen for real. But honestly, between that and that I feel there's others thing to get worked up over than things in fiction...

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

What Gambits do you have?

Ones that don’t hit.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I did aggro them by having someone who didn't die take a mage on a not avoid tile.

The armours are I hope slow enough to be beatable with magic, I'm also not remembering much issue with the myrm or soldier but it's been a while.

I’m playing black eagles. Powerful and fast magic users are not a trait of the house. Dorothea and Hubert can both double but not one round, although Dorothea can with a rally magic from Hubert.

I don’t have issues with either the myrm or soldier, it’s mostly the mages but also the armor knights.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

If people weren't fine with it, then Awakening wouldn't have made a shitton of money, gotten record reviews everywhere and gotten a million people on this board listing it as their favorite Fire Emblem game.

Or maybe, hear me out: Nintendo went full force with the marketing, something that basically every Fire Emblem game lacked.

You can like a game even if it has something questionable in it. 

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But honestly, between that and that I feel there's others thing to get worked up over than things in fiction...

True. You can discuss it but at the end of the day, it's not like it's the end of the world.

Now if your work of fiction is openly being racist or something, then yeah, best to just put it away.

Ones that don’t hit.

Huh. Was your Byleth charm-screwed? I found that Assembly did well here. Curved shot for the mages also worked to an extent, although it was Raphael who did the best work on them.

Just now, Sooks said:

I’m playing black eagles. Powerful and fast magic users are not a trait of the house. Dorothea and Hubert can both double but not one round, although Dorothea can with a rally magic from Hubert.

I don’t have issues with either the myrm or soldier, it’s mostly the mages but also the armor knights.

*Powerful enough and fast enough, unfortunate.

So there's still enough for one, but there could be merit in a gambit on the other, or getting both initially. Any gambits going above 50 will probably be more reliable with allies in the right places as well.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Huh. Was your Byleth charm-screwed? I found that Assembly did well here. Curved shot for the mages also worked to an extent, although it was Raphael who did the best work on them.

I actually just had him on the right side, which I’m starting to think was a mistake.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

*Powerful enough and fast enough, unfortunate.

So there's still enough for one, but there could be merit in a gambit on the other, or getting both initially. Any gambits going above 50 will probably be more reliable with allies in the right places as well.

The mages are top priority. Together they can kill anyone except maybe Petra with a training sword+.

I actually just had him on the right side, which I’m starting to think was a mistake.

The enemies on that side weren't too tough in my experience; I think that I had my healer and...I think Lorenz with a shield do the job.

Just now, Armagon said:

Or maybe, hear me out: Nintendo went full force with the marketing, something that basically every Fire Emblem game lacked.

You can like a game even if it has something questionable in it. 

I mean, sure. *sideeyes Tear Ring Saga again*

But the Nowi thing is... unique.

Adolescents presented in a 4th wall breaking sexualized manner? Sucks but happens a lot. Adolescent marrying and giving birth? Sucks but happens a lot.
But an adolescent sexualized in a painfully 4th wall breaking manner marrying and giving birth to the child of a constantly buttered up player self insert? Got me at a loss there.

Honestly, Robin hardly feels like a self-insert in the first place. Sure, can custom their appearance and other minor stuff somewhat... but other than that? Their own character, ultimately.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Honestly, Robin hardly feels like a self-insert in the first place. Sure, can custom their appearance and other minor stuff somewhat... but other than that? Their own character, ultimately.

More to the point then any customization is how everyone always suck up to them for no reason whatsoever. If people didn't see Robin as a stand-in for themselves, they wouldn't be able to tolerate how everyone seems to exist solely to tell us how awesome Robin is.

Also, cutscenes are often shot in 1st person of Robin. The game establishes early on that they even have the same map overview that the player has. And characters are always talking towards the screen as if they were talking to Robin. And there is all that 1st person art when they marry someone.
I just don't remember if the game itself talks about Robin and the player as if they were the same person, like FE7 did.

Edited by BrightBow

I know that. But I still think it hardly feels like I'm meant to be Robin.

I won't deny I have done at least one playthrough with the self-insert mindset, but other than that...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I know that. But I still think it hardly feels like I'm meant to be Robin.

I won't deny I have done at least one playthrough with the self-insert mindset, but other than that...

I mean, me neither.

But I can still feel that I am meant to feel like I was Robin, and I find that to be insulting because of what this says about how the developers view me.

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

The enemies on that side weren't too tough in my experience; I think that I had my healer and...I think Lorenz with a shield do the job.

Well, guess I should reset when I play again.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I find that to be insulting because of what this says about how the developers view me.

Wait, what? How do you think the developers view you?