• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

yeah, that thing. I took it at face value and completely missed the implications at first. I was ignorant, and I'm sorry about that. I'd still argue perhaps it was unintentional, but... yeah. Not cool

It probably wasn't intentional because Japan isn't as aware of what is racist towards black people in the West. 

But still, once you know, it's like "ok maybe they shouldn't have done that".

It's the sort of situation where her "deliberately unkempt" appearance would be edited for the dirt to be just a few patches, rather than full-skin coverage. Certainly.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What horribly scummy business decision have the devs of gacha made this time?

Oh NFTs aren't a gacha. It's uhhhhhhhhh a sort of Bitcoin. Well, not exactly but it's the closest comparison.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh NFTs aren't a gacha. It's uhhhhhhhhh a sort of Bitcoin. Well, not exactly but it's the closest comparison.

Ohhh. Yeah, I see.

But wait, from a quick google seach, the concept is like, art collecting. You can have a print of a painting, but there's only one original that goes for a shitton of money. Same concept here, apparently, but digital.

So I don't get it, why would whales laugh at them for not being able to keep the JPEG when the whole point isn't the JPEG itself but to be able to claim ownership of the original JPEG? Whales will lose their JPEGs the moment the devs pull the plug on the servers! They're ones to talk!

...I know, I'm overthinking this, but well, stupid concepts beget stupid questions.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So I don't get it, why would whales laugh at them for not being able to keep the JPEG when the whole point isn't the JPEG itself but to be able to claim ownership of the original JPEG? Whales will lose their JPEGs the moment the devs pull the plug on the servers! They're ones to talk!

Well the difference is that gachas don't cause environmental damage.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I know, I'm overthinking this, but well, stupid concepts beget stupid questions.

Laughing so they don't cry?

(Also not gonna lie I want people to get the data for FEH before the plug's pulled, because what is fun about the game could still be used without gaas/money, but it's as much preservation as it is spite.)

As for the charges of environmental damage, that's the tendency with crypto as it stands. Needless to say, it has earned scepticism.

Edited by Dayni

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well the difference is that gachas don't cause environmental damage.

Just gambling addictions

I'm lost again. That's how you can tell that I looked it up on google five minutes ago. How do NFTs cause enviromental damage?

Just now, Dayni said:

Also not gonna lie I want people to get the data for FEH before the plug's pulled, because what is fun about the game could still be used without gaas/money, but it's as much preservation as it is spite.)

Not gonna lie, FE without RNG would be interesting. But Heroes does have RNG, it's just moved to the part that involves real money, and I'm afraid I cannot get behind that.

Honestly, I'd wish that when games like those get the plug, they just turn then into proper games.

It has happened. SE did that with Final Fantasy Dimensions. It should happen more often, I'd say...

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How do NFTs cause enviromental damage?

Because since it's like Bitcoin and Bitcoin takes a shit ton of energy to generate.....yeah. Whole complexes built just for the sake of generating digital currency.

Riki and Sharla's 4th Skill Trees and Monado Eater all gotten.

Whilst I could've done this a somewhat faster, this appears to have doubled my earlier 24 hours of playtime. And I still have a few more quests to go.😬

https://www.bitmapbooks.co.uk/products/a-guide-to-japanese-role-playing-games?mc_cid=eefdb43a8d&mc_eid=75ee983078

JRPG_Cover_Shopify_1216x1216.jpg?v=16161

A 652 page guide to over 600 JRPGs from 1982 to 2020. Sounds like essential reading to me. Neat that it mentions more obscure stuff like Giten Megami Tensei, though I raise my eyebrows at the inclusion of Zelda. The $50 USD price tag is a little disincentivizing, but it looks like essential reading to me.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Huh, that's neat. Hmm, looking at the series included... gotta do something...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE

TUMAHANN IS A BITCH-ASS MOFO, IT BROKE BRACKETING!

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, FE without RNG would be interesting. But Heroes does have RNG, it's just moved to the part that involves real money, and I'm afraid I cannot get behind that.

Hey, I did say spite too.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>shipping suspended due Brext

F

I feel you, pretty much the most viable foreign market to get stuff (from my perspective) essentially gone overnight.