Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

SRW: *Laughs in battle-saving since 1991*

Anyway... I guess SRW started to do creator cameos too late for that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

IIRC I had Raphael, Byleth, Claude, Leonie, Marianne, Mercedes and guest...Annette, I think? I also deployed Ignatz for the rallies, but he didn't do much.

I just meant from other houses.

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

That said, I found that Gronder is just really easy, Maddening doesn't change it much.

What?? That chapter was never easy!

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok, I know you're probably not versed in Godzilla knowledge but like.......how do you not know about the atomic breath? That's like not knowing Superman has heat vision.

I don't mean to sound rude, I apologize if I am sounding like that, I'm just very confused.

I actually didn’t know Godzilla had any special abilities. I thought he was just big lizard guy.

You don’t sound rude at all. 👍

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

I know who Stan Lee is...

I hope this is a joke. I mean it’s funny either way, but...

Found this classic in my recs.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

actually didn’t know Godzilla had any special abilities. I thought he was just big lizard guy.

Well there is one movie where he really was just a big lizard and that was it.

It's not a good movie.

Of course, that one was likely since SRW X has Reconguista in G, and Tomino himself made a cameo in that series, so it's in there in the game as well.

Now this one, however, is really a cameo for cameo's sake:

Just now, Sooks said:

I just meant from other houses.

Oh.

By chapter 7, I think I had Linhardt and Mercedes recruited, because I wanted every healer.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

What?? That chapter was never easy!

Really? Maybe I just got lucky, but I had to try really hard to get any enemies at all to even attack me;* I know that you're supposed to play aggressively, but not a single enemy went after me, and the AI seemed to prefer attacking the NPC houses as well, if it had the choice to. (Like, Ferdinand could have killed Marianne, but instead he went and attacked Felix. And died.) On Maddening, it was a little tough at the start because the Ballista was somewhat of a threat, but on Hard, IIRC I just had Raphael walk straight down the middle of the map with Nosferatu-Byleth went to deal with Felix/Dimitri, and Lysithea dealt with Petra.

Unless Mage Raphael is secretly a meta move.

*I would like to point out that I still got the "you beat more enemies than anyone else!" award, but I don't know by how much.

Wait... AHAHAHAHA

The way the Mazinger Infinity's sprite is in size and positioning... it's making every attack aim at its crotch. lol That's hilarious...

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I know that you're supposed to play aggressively

This is not how maddening.

but on Hard

Well that’s different.

IIRC I just had Raphael walk straight down the middle of the map with Nosferatu-

??? That would have like six uses.

This is not how maddening.

Huh. I didn't have problems playing fast, at least on this map. Chapters 4, 5 and 6 gave me a ton of trouble, though.

Well that’s different.

Well, yeah, but in my experience it played practically exactly the same.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

??? That would have like six uses.

Well, 12 since he was in Priest at the time. I also used fire/Bolganone while I was on the forest, though.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've found the most problematic are the things that force damage reduction. Like in SRW D, having to deal with Protodeviln was so annoying due to their Protodeviln Barrier, which reduced damage against them to 50%, unless it was Fire Bomber songs. Not even the Fury seishin can bypass Protodeviln Barrier. Gepelnitch was such a "fun" boss, with his 200K HP... and healing back to full once at half HP...

Gack! Nor Combination Attacks? 

Warp Fields + Large HP Regen + ?????? HP are bad enough as is.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The way the Mazinger Infinity's sprite is in size and positioning... it's making every attack aim at its crotch. lol That's hilarious...

Must be the whole "near-perfect attendance" of the franchise in SRW that makes bad guys jealous.

Also, if they need someone to clean the dirt, ashes, oil, blood and anything else off Mazinger's crotch, I've experience with polishing robot groins. On the opposite end of the size spectrum yes, but that makes little difference. So throw them at me. I've wiped old metallic men to a brilliant sheen!

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

It didn't take all their HP out like it should because level 3 fusion kinda does that, but it skipped their third phase entirely and left them on what looked like 1 HP.

I remember using fusion attacks on their second phase in the boss rush, because you don't get your accrued fusion levels back after the latter two phases do away with them.

What ended up happening there was like 1 damage dealt was needed to get past phase 3 IIRC. I forget how long phase 4 lasted after that.

Although, this isn't as bad as using Joshua's level three fusion on the superboss and watching the damage cause overflow that fully heals the boss instead. I'm lucky that didn't happen to me.

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bacteria can't form if it's just killed instantly (that's not true, bacteria can totally survive in radioactive environments).

There are extremophile microorganisms that can survive high heat, but even they will eventually get cooked. So if radiation won't kill, how hot the breath is could make the difference between plaque and no plaque in Godzilla's mouth.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Gack! Nor Combination Attacks? 

Warp Fields + Large HP Regen + ?????? HP are bad enough as is.

Must be the whole "near-perfect attendance" of the franchise in SRW that makes bad guys jealous.

Also, if they need someone to clean the dirt, ashes, oil, blood and anything else off Mazinger's crotch, I've experience with polishing robot groins. On the opposite end of the size spectrum yes, but that makes little difference. So throw them at me. I've wiped old metallic men to a brilliant sheen!

Hm, you didn't see the edit? Gepelnitch, thankfully, doesn't have HP Regen, at least. Though he compensates with an HP refill at the halfway mark. I think combination attacks also get their damage reduced. If it's not Fire Bomber, it's not doing full damage.

Well, of course THE Super Robot will have near-perfect attendance in Super Robot Wars, actually perfect if we discount OG games. The funny thing is, the same can't be said of Kouji Kabuto. Because SRW UX had Mazinkaiser SKL, so Kouji himself doesn't have the perfect-attendance the Mazinger franchise has in non-OG SRW. And not counting SRW 1 since it had no pilots whatsoever.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I remember using fusion attacks on their second phase in the boss rush, because you don't get your accrued fusion levels back after the latter two phases do away with them.

What ended up happening there was like 1 damage dealt was needed to get past phase 3 IIRC. I forget how long phase 4 lasted after that.

Although, this isn't as bad as using Joshua's level three fusion on the superboss and watching the damage cause overflow that fully heals the boss instead. I'm lucky that didn't happen to me.

That does make sense on the original from what I've read. Both those things. I mean, there was healing overflow in the original that you could damage yourself with.

Thing is, in FR hitting her with fusions is very finicky. I literally never hit her before this time, while apparently others have, but I can say I've seen footage of people trying repeatedly to no avail and others saying they couldn't hit her after a certain percentage (Y'know, before you literally can't). I had to have the game glitch the music to let me hit her with it.

But with that glitchy fight I am done with her. It was indeed possible to get those drops, even if I managed to get a drop on the wrong difficulty and glitch the music on the way.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There are extremophile microorganisms that can survive high heat, but even they will eventually get cooked. So if radiation won't kill, how hot the breath is could make the difference between plaque and no plaque in Godzilla's mouth.

Decided to see if there were any official statistics.

Heisei Godzilla's normal atomic breath has a temperature of 500,000 degrees Celsius while the upgraded Red Spiral Ray has an official temperature ranging from 900,000 degrees Celsius to 1.2 million degrees Celsius.

And just going visually, the atomic breath has generally been shown to melt through steel, with Shin Godzilla's atomic breath in particular being more like an atomic laser.

And this isn't even counting Burning Godzilla so yeah, i think it's fair to say that Godzilla has built-in dental care.

Edited by Armagon

Wow, it's going to be the first time I actually 100% FF XIII-2! Just a teeny bit more to go! And it's mostly just tedious but simple stuff besides the whole gambling portion. 

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, of course THE Super Robot will have near-perfect attendance in Super Robot Wars, actually perfect if we discount OG games. The funny thing is, the same can't be said of Kouji Kabuto. Because SRW UX had Mazinkaiser SKL, so Kouji himself doesn't have the perfect-attendance the Mazinger franchise has in non-OG SRW. And not counting SRW 1 since it had no pilots whatsoever.

I guess it would be the Super of Supers if Dragon Quest has slipped a golem called "Mazin" into a couple games. -Or that could be a coincidence. I just find it peculiar that DQVIII has Mazin show up solely by the fusing the three normal golems together, fusion is totally mecha in general.

And I said "near-perfect attendance", because I remember reading there was a game without one of the SRW Trinity, I mistook it for Mazinger when it's actually Getter Robo rereading things.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Decided to see if there were any official statistics.

Heisei Godzilla's normal atomic breath has a temperature of 500,000 degrees Celsius while the upgraded Red Spiral Ray has an official temperature ranging from 900,000 degrees Celsius to 1.2 million degrees Celsius.

*Does a quick check on the Sun*

• The Sun's core where nuclear fusion happens can reach 15 million Celsius, so Godzilla is a freezer compared to that.
  • The photosphere -the "surface" of the Sun- is 5500 Celsius, Godzilla wins.
  • The corona of the Sun -the aura of plasma forming its outer atmosphere- can amazingly range from 1.7 million to 17 million, Godzilla loses, unless ate a lot of spicy food, maybe they could reach the lowest end of the corona then.

Still, being hotter than the surface of the Sun on the order of magnitudes ain't half bad.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I guess it would be the Super of Supers if Dragon Quest has slipped a golem called "Mazin" into a couple games. -Or that could be a coincidence. I just find it peculiar that DQVIII has Mazin show up solely by the fusing the three normal golems together, fusion is totally mecha in general.

And I said "near-perfect attendance", because I remember reading there was a game without one of the SRW Trinity, I mistook it for Mazinger when it's actually Getter Robo rereading things.

Maybe? I mean, Dragon Quest has mecha monsters from time to time, though admittedly none that could resemble actual mechas from anime and the like. Maybe.

It's more common than you think. Both Getter Robo and UC Gundam have missed out SRW attendance a few times now. SRW J was the first game that did this, taking out both Getter and UC Gundam. It was quite the surprise, I'd imagine. The most recent was SRW X, not having Getter Robo show up.

That also reminds me. SRW BX did something similar to UX. BX has Gundam Unicorn... and no other UC Series. Which makes it the first time UC Gundam has appeared... but Amuro Rey did not.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

Huh. I didn't have problems playing fast, at least on this map. Chapters 4, 5 and 6 gave me a ton of trouble, though.

Well, I haven’t gotten there yet, but in general playing fast is how you die. Why do chapter 6 mages have 16 AS!? Why??

What was wrong with chapter 4? I had no trouble with that one.

Screenshot_20210319-225024.png

Any time a game asks me for a password, it's an automatic google search.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The corona of the Sun -the aura of plasma forming its outer atmosphere- can amazingly range from 1.7 million to 17 million, Godzilla loses, unless ate a lot of spicy food, maybe they could reach the lowest end of the corona then.

Heisei Burning Godzilla maaaaaaaaaybe. The main threat in Godzilla vs Destoroyah was that should Godzilla go into nuclear overload, he'd die, taking the world with him. This is obviously prevented but yeah, getting hot enough to scorch the planet alive would probably reach those benchmarks.

What was wrong with chapter 4? I had no trouble with that one.

I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the mages.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the mages.

I just outpaced them. We got to the boss at the same time, so I just sent Edelgard to the boss and dead.

I guess I did play fast in that map then.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

guess I did play fast in that map then.

I am not known for being good at FE...