Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's basically me at the moment.

I've just been playing cards.

I can refresh you on Spirit Numbers then!

The Spirit Numbers are the numbers in the corners of every card. A Spirit Combo is playing the numbers to form Pairs or Straights, which provide a damage reduction on defense, and a total damage increase on offense (and healing). 

Pressing whatever the "A" button is on your controller will always play the number in the upper right corner, you can flick the C-Stick in the direction of whichever corner you want to play on Magnus with multiple numbers.

Pairs must have the numbers played adjacent to each other IIRC, I don't believe a hand of "2-4-2-4" will count as anything. You need "2-2". Pairs can mean more than 2 of the same number, "4-4-4-4-4" will provide you with a cool 45% damage increase. You can mix pairs together, like "8-8-8-1-1", you'll then get a separate bonus for each, 21% + 10%, adding up to a 31% total damage increase.

Straights cannot be mixed with pairs or other straights. Straights can go from a low value to a high value or vice versa, "7-6-5-4-3" and "3-4-5-6-7" have exactly the same effect.

At the start of the game, only one number per Magnus and a small hand make Spirit Combos more difficult. But two numbers per card and then three and eventually four at the end, combined with the increase your hand size and the number of Magnus you can play resulting in higher Spirit Combo bonuses, makes them eventually worth trying at least to play when possible.  

If you have the means to Spirit Combo well, you'll realize playing 5 cards in a straight for that 45% damage increase, is likely going to deal more damage to the enemy than playing a 6th card and not getting that Spirit Combo damage bonus at all. And it isn't like that 6th card is gone, you can play it on a later turn, in a combo or not.

-If only the game bothered to explain this beside two NPCs in the first two dungeon areas optionally telling you without showing you anything.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

He says, as he pointed the gun first.

I think that answers your question about the imperial brainwashing. Seriously? Home again for two minutes and Lyude is treated to this? He is the only sane person in the Empire.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

you can flick the C-Stick in the direction of whichever corner you want to play on Magnus with multiple numbers.

Could you elaborate on this? Cause I've only seen Magnus with one number on them, don't know what you mean by "multiple numbers".

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Straights cannot be mixed with pairs or other straights. Straights can go from a low value to a high value or vice versa, "7-6-5-4-3" and "3-4-5-6-7" have exactly the same effect.

And I take it there can't be any skips? Like, you can't do "3-4-6-7-8"?

I will say my mindset was trying to play straights whenever I could. So I guess I was doing something right.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

think that answers your question about the imperial brainwashing. Seriously? Home again for two minutes and Lyude is treated to this? He is the only sane person in the Empire.

It really was on sight.

At least his nanny had some sense.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It really was on sight.

At least his nanny had some sense.

Well, Almarde was Azhani. Mintaka = the Alfard Empire, the Azhani, from Azha, are the slave-workers of the Empire. No point in instilling propaganda into them.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Could you elaborate on this? Cause I've only seen Magnus with one number on them, don't know what you mean by "multiple numbers".

I find that hard to believe. Common items Magnus do have only 1 number, but weapons and armor started having multiples back in Diadem.

Here is a random image I selected from a video I pulled up:

Screen-Shot-2021-03-19-at-1-00-58-AM.png

See how the Voice and two of the swords have a number in the upper-right and lower-left corners?

Using this image, I could play the Short Sword with a 2, then flick the C-Stick down to the lower-left on the sword to left of the Short Sword, then I could play either the wilted flower or the dark sword for a 2-3-4 straight; or a 8-7-6 straight with the dark sword, Voice II and Mineral Water. Or, I could do a 4-4-4 pair with two of the swords and the flower.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And I take it there can't be any skips? Like, you can't do "3-4-6-7-8"?

No skips! Has to flow perfectly.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah, so this is the part i've been warned about.

Yep, the Goldoba! Good luck, and if it wrecks you, I'll offer you some tips. After I wake up, because gosh it's late and I gotta hit the sack.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Here is a random image I selected from a video I pulled up:

Screen-Shot-2021-03-19-at-1-00-58-AM.png

See how the Voice and two of the swords have a number in the upper-right and lower-left corners?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I legitimately never noticed the numbers at the bottom corner until now. But yeah, I do have them.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yep, the Goldoba! Good luck, and if it wrecks you, I'll offer you some tips. After I wake up, because gosh it's late and I gotta hit the sack.

I might ask for tips but it'll be tomorrow as well, it's late over here too.

Man, a lot of arguing happened while I was asleep.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

I REMEMBER THAT FUCKING YIKES.

Thanks, I might as well not sleep.

Ah yeah, that thing. I took it at face value and completely missed the implications at first. I was ignorant, and I'm sorry about that. I'd still argue perhaps it was unintentional, but... yeah. Not cool.

TRS has some messed up stuff in it. I'm glad they dialed back on it in Berwick Saga. I mean, there's still rapists in Berwick Saga, but at least you get to kill them there. It's not used for comic relief, thankfully.

...Well, there's also the fact that the only people remotely of color in Berwick Saga are all bandits and rogues. That's... iffy, to say the least.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yeah, that thing. I took it at face value and completely missed the implications at first. I was ignorant, and I'm sorry about that. I'd still argue perhaps it was unintentional, but... yeah. Not cool.

No need to worry about apologising to me about it. On forgetfulness and benign ignorance, best case scenario so did the devs.

Still though, it's hard to argue the look of it.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Well, there's also the fact that the only people remotely of color in Berwick Saga are all bandits and rogues. That's... iffy, to say the least.

Sadly also not unique to that game.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I figured it was just best to stay out of this one, so I simply didn't post anything. Jumping right into the fire isnt very bright.

Technically speaking it'd be very bright.

Just also very painful.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

No need to worry about apologising to me about it.

Not to you in particular, just... apologizing in general. I've said some things during my LPs that I now wish I could take back. It's part of why I find it difficult to recommend the FE12 one nowadays. My outlook back then and now are vastly different.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Sadly also not unique to that game.

Seems to be a pretty widespread issue in Japan, from what I've gathered.

AHHHH! I hate FF XIII-2's random battle system so much!!

It's irritating when you can't run from an enemy on the map, and when your time runs out and you can't escape the battle! damn, i don't need these randoms, game! I know there's a fragment skill for this, but i don't have it yet! Just... no, this is not fun in any way.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

HmwozsC.jpg
Is this right?

I'm afraid not. "Quienes" is the plural of "quien", whereas "prestas" is the second person singular form of the verb "prestar." Since the question is referring to multiple people, the correct answer is...

...Actually? Either "prestan" or "prestamos." Prestan is third person plural, prestamos is first person plural. They're both correct in this context, which is... not what the teacher intended, judging by the pick-one-answer format. The question is so short that you can't really deduce which one the teacher wants based on it, either. Soooo yeah. I'd honestly be unsure which one to pick.

If you want my opinion, it's a bit weird to ask yourself if you're paying attention, so... Go with "prestan." And while you're at it, tell the teacher that they'd both be correct and that they need to be more clear. Sheesh...

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm afraid not. "Quienes" is the plural of "quien", whereas "prestas" is the second person singular form of the verb "prestar." Since the question is referring to multiple people, the correct answer is...

...Actually? Either "prestan" or "prestamos." Prestan is third person plural, prestamos is first person plural. They're both correct in this context, which is... not what the teacher intended, judging by the pick-one-answer format. The question is so short that you can't really deduce which one the teacher wants based on it, either. Soooo yeah. I'd honestly be unsure which one to pick.

If you want my opinion, it's a bit weird to ask yourself if you're paying attention, so... Go with "prestan." And while you're at it, tell the teacher that they'd both be correct and that they need to be more clear. Sheesh...

Thanks. What about this one? x5srGSZ.jpg

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Regresamos a casa después de las clases" is the correct answer.

Thank you! 28 out of 30. Not horrible. But one of those has two answers that could fit so 29 out of 30.

Just now, Sooks said:

Thank you! 28 out of 30. Not horrible. But one of those has two answers that could fit so 29 out of 30.

Was my guess wrong or was it a different question?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Was my guess wrong or was it a different question?

Different question. XXq0NSo.jpg
At least, I think that works. I only ask you for the questions I’m really unsure on.

"De Clases" is as valid as "De las Clases", by the way. Though what I can barely see on the image border it also asks for the Las.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

"De Clases" is as valid as "De las Clases", by the way. Though what I can barely see on the image border it also asks for the Las.

It does. She wants us to know when to use the conjunction (el) or not (everything else).